Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to keep me from playing

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
So as a since-beta player my recent capacity has allowed me to jump back into the game since a few months. What I have found is that ZOS has by now done an amazing job to make my life as a PvPer as unenjoyable and cumbersome as I have ever experienced.
  • Since I'm used to the benefits of ESO plus, my inventory situation has become so intricate that it simply doesn't allow me to create builds since shifting gear and buying new stuff is hardly possible
  • I finally ragged some sweet build for my DC stamblade ready to go, only to find out they have reintroduced faction lock. To my pleasure there's more than just one campaign, unfortunatly only suitable to play horse simulator given the pop - which leads me to my next point
  • I gave it another shot during staturday afternoon primetime with my lovely AD stamsorc. To my surprise, even under primetime conditions the server was hardly populated which tons of wait/riding times between fights. Has the game really died down so much?
  • Lastly, on a personal note, I find theorycrafting extremely boring by now. Even with the changes in mechanics, skills and gear sets, the available (viable) playstyles appear very dull with little appetite for out-of-the-box builds

To keep it short: ZOS has successfully de-incentivized me to revisit my former favourite game within the current state. Let's see what that Skyrim chapter brings next year...
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Heavily agree. I've tried just trying to come back so many times, but until I either pay just to try, or suck it up and burn the majority of my hard-collected sets and items, I wont have a playable inventory situation.

3: Could be a misnomer but I have heard stories of even my most ESO addicted freinds finally having enough with the game, people who have played basically every day since launch sort of obsessed. Does still seem to be the usual influx of new players but it might be the old guard are dropping more these days.

4: I still love theory crafting, its just a massive pain in the ass with enchanting, transmuting, 14 slots, multiple sets for those slots, rotations and combinations of all the above. Can take weeks on the PTS to get a single build nailed down. It does always get infuriating when you try your best to make a cool offmeta, see the offmeta nerfed, and know that your offmeta builds would just be better if they used relequens or suchlike anyway.

Main point is inventory though, its a complete lock-out for returning experienced players. No eso+, no bag/bankspace to play.

EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is an expert at keeping me from playing
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    My wife is an expert at keeping me from playing

Wives were always OP.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf them.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time between combat is what has always kept me from Cyrodiil.

I only BG when I wanna PvP. Way more action.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Your inventory is likely full of armor you’ll never wear. We are our own worst enemy when we hoard. Decom, decon, decon.
    2. Have no idea how your DC character is harmed by faction lock as you don’t say in this point. That DC character has always be locked to DC faction with and without faction lock. Makes the point rather pointless. I suggest you elaborate.
    3. Without knowing what campaign you were in Saturday this is another point that lacks the info necessary for any relevant. What campaign and want server/platform.

I am not knocking you or arguing with you but without the relevant details your second and third point are just rants. I am just suggesting you fill in the details for them to make sense.
    Edited by idk on December 26, 2019 7:38PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time between combat is what has always kept me from Cyrodiil.

I only BG when I wanna PvP. Way more action.

Yep.

But when cyrodiil is functioning well the big battles are to me the absolute best thing and make bgs seem dull by comparison. Like an hr long dog fight spanning several breaches, points of impact, 3 factions. Bgs is so instant tho and 99 percent lag free.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main point is inventory though, its a complete lock-out for returning experienced players. No eso+, no bag/bankspace to play.

i cant understand what do you do with your inventory guys? do you vacuum every crate in the game or what? i bought few 60s chest in ic to store different sets and i have a lot of free space on my chars. they are loaded with 50c golden geodes from cyro rewards
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i cant understand what do you do with your inventory guys? do you vacuum every crate in the game or what? i bought few 60s chest in ic to store different sets and i have a lot of free space on my chars. they are loaded with 50c golden geodes from cyro rewards

I need to buy those chests tbh, I only have 2 of the smaller ones at present, always found other things to throw my gold at.

Got about 400 items in my bank and mostly full inventories across 8 characters. Although not all have 200 slots.

Problem is, even sorting my stuff out requires wiggle room. I move stuff in or out of the bank because its over capacity without plus.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. Your inventory is likely full of armor you’ll never wear. We are our own worst enemy when we hoard. Decom, decon, decon.

Im not dumb enough to try making builds on live, but all sorts of sets are worth keeping either because they've been good in the past or have interesting mechanics I might want to use in a build. When I did have the space, I started collecting the more useful sets (as I saw it), now I don't have the inventory space I don't exactly want to just throw it all away...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have ESO+, a personally guild bank, the pet that increases storage, all the assistants, all the chests, and 18 characters. I still take large breaks from the game because of inventory management.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life was a lot simpler when we where pre veteran rank noobs and crafting still needed leveling. Lol.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have zero interest in grinding to get sets. I end up acquiring sets I want piecemeal and they sit in inventory somewhere. When I have enough to use the set on a character, it can get put there. With 14 max level characters to gear up, I have a lot of partials sitting around. I also don't like keeping all my tanking sets on my main tank because I need inventory space while questing. The bank is regularly used to get recipes and gear for research/decon to alts. Plus it has all the consumables for crafting writs. It can also fill up with surveys, treasure maps, and master writs until I use them all.

I recently purges a lot of sets from inventory. But, to be honest, I have zero interest in theory crafting and will just use consensus sets. If I can find general hate for a set, it will become crafting fodder.

I will also dump unbound gear in the guild store with the expectation that I can just buy those in the future if needed. It is also pretty easy to get most unbound sets.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not dumb enough to try making builds on live, but all sorts of sets are worth keeping either because they've been good in the past or have interesting mechanics I might want to use in a build. When I did have the space, I started collecting the more useful sets (as I saw it), now I don't have the inventory space I don't exactly want to just throw it all away...

I get you and that was exactly my point. I keep tons of gear that was good at one point or might be good in some off chance. But I realize most of it I will never wear. Gold gear I keep regardless.

I keep weapons and jewelry galore as they are harder to get than armor. Other than that I go through my inventory and can find lots to decon. Keeping stuff because maybe someday it will be good to wear is why we have inventory woes. It is impossible to wear it all and in reality if it is not great to wear now and is not hard to get then it makes little sense to keep it.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    The bank is regularly used to get recipes and gear for research/decon to alts. Plus it has all the consumables for crafting writs. It can also fill up with surveys, treasure maps, and master writs until I use them all.

i can understand when people store jewelry and weapons to avoid grind but gear for research and mats can be bought in any guild store for a few coins. there is no need to store this trash in bank.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 27, 2019 1:58PM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get you and that was exactly my point. I keep tons of gear that was good at one point or might be good in some off chance. But I realize most of it I will never wear. Gold gear I keep regardless.

I keep weapons and jewelry galore as they are harder to get than armor. Other than that I go through my inventory and can find lots to decon. Keeping stuff because maybe someday it will be good to wear is why we have inventory woes. It is impossible to wear it all and in reality if it is not great to wear now and is not hard to get then it makes little sense to keep it.

I already deconned most of my useful sets. I even have two alts that simply function as bank chars. Most of my sets like shackle are used in several builds, meaning I have to shift them around once I swap chars. I mean, it is technically managable to come around without eso+, but its such a huge bummer if you consider the missing crafting bag.
    2. Have no idea how your DC character is harmed by faction lock as you don’t say in this point. That DC character has always be locked to DC faction with and without faction lock. Makes the point rather pointless. I suggest you elaborate.
    3. Without knowing what campaign you were in Saturday this is another point that lacks the info necessary for any relevant. What campaign and want server/platform.

I am not knocking you or arguing with you but without the relevant details your second and third point are just rants. I am just suggesting you fill in the details for them to make sense.

2. I don't get your point. 30 day main campagin is locked to AD, meaning I cannot play my 3 DC chars on the only half-active pvp campaign.
    3. Obviously I was talking about 30 day CP campaign, the only one actually relevant. I was never much into noCP cyro, simply because outnumbered gameplay is even harder to pull off.

ohh - and I am playing on PC EU.
    Edited by Jeezye on December 27, 2019 7:41PM