The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POTENTIAL locked away. RELEASE autonomous ULTRA INSTINCT(buff sorc and templar)

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
This post is simple. I call for eso to unlock the potential of aoe to combat. Yes the true potential of classes that has been around since launch has a lock potential. ITS AOE. for those that say buff is the way over nerf. This BUFF POST IS A GREAT SOLUTION.
I call for eso to change all abilities that target damage is different than nearby damage. To do the SAME DAMAGE
Yes unlock are potential
These move apply to only 2 class sorcerer and templar

Mage fury
1507 to target, 328 nearby enemies
Daedric curse
1414 target, 649 nearby
Puncturing strikes
298 closest 114 others.

UNLOCK ULTRA INSTINCT
Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 25, 2019 8:36PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m ok with it :|
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: "AoE abilities should not do more damage than a single target ability on a single target. There should be a choice – if you are hitting more than 3 targets, AoE is the right choice. As it was before U23, AoE was always the right choice, in every situation."

*nerfs DPS staples like Caltrops, endless hail, and pretty much every AOE DOT*

OP: "BUFF AOE!"

OP, here's some sincere advice: actually explaining yourself clearly with correct grammar, punctuation, and sentences that make sense will do a lot more for your ideas than random ALL CAPS shouting. Unless you just want to rant, in which case, carry on.

(Link to the U23 Combat Q&A: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/ )
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok everyone this is a new post. Some topic can relate to one another. This is true because the topic are that good. A change is that needed.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now why are sorcerer and templar treated with the target different from nearby other system? Its simply timing and DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENT TEAMES. none of the new class have the system of damage to the target being different than damage to nearby others. As a result the aoe of older classes like sorcerer and templar are at a aoe disadvantage compared to newer classes warden and necromancer.
    I say buff older class rather then nerf newer classes. It's only fair and balance.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    It seems OP received an aoe damage to the head in his childhood.

Perhaps a ULTRA INSTINCT class identity kit was at fault?
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Salutations!

We removed several comments that were rude and inappropriate.

Rude and insulting comments: We understand that sometimes tempers rise, but it is never acceptable to resort to rude comments and insults. This goes for rude comments and insults directed at other community members, and ZeniMax Online Studios employees alike.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Uh sry forgot it is against the rules to question modding
    Edited by zvavi on December 26, 2019 5:16PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: "AoE abilities should not do more damage than a single target ability on a single target. There should be a choice – if you are hitting more than 3 targets, AoE is the right choice. As it was before U23, AoE was always the right choice, in every situation."

OP, here's some sincere advice: actually explaining yourself clearly with correct grammar, punctuation, and sentences that make sense will do a lot more for your ideas than random ALL CAPS shouting. Unless you just want to rant, in which case, carry on.

(Link to the U23 Combat Q&A: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/ )

Several very good and accurate points.
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    zvavi wrote: »
    Edit: Uh sry forgot it is against the rules to question modding

Hi there! It's not against the rules to ask for clarification on something, in fact we highly encourage you to reach out to a moderator via private message if you have a question about an action that was taken. Our Discussing Disciplinary Actions rule is in place to prevent threads that are on topic from derailing after someone asks an unrelated question.
    Edited by ZOS_Nith on December 26, 2019 5:25PM
    Staff Post
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Several very good and accurate points.

Which were already brought up many times in the previous threads... I mean, i personally asked once what is he ready for sorc to lose to gain more aoe dmg... He never answered the "it will be too strong" and the kind.
    Edited by zvavi on December 26, 2019 5:42PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Salutations!

Rude and insulting comments: We understand that sometimes tempers rise, but it is never acceptable to resort to rude comments and insults. This goes for rude comments and insults directed at other community members, and ZeniMax Online Studios employees alike.

I feel like my post was neither rude nor meant to entirely insult anyone, more to condense the last 10 repeated posts of "buf my character, nerf everyone else. You're wrong, I have spoken" that OP keeps making into a small and simple (and accurate) "synopsis". Have a day :|
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION: AUTONOMY GRANTED UNLOCK PROJECT ULTRA INSTINCT

REACTOR ONLINE....
    SYSTEMS ONLINE...
    ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
    DECRYPTING POTENTIAL MOOT CODES
    REPUDIATING LOGIC COMPLETE
    AMALGAMATION OF UNNECESSARY COMPLETE AND READY FOR PURGE
    HOMOGENIZATION DIRECTIVES OPERATING AT 100%
    JAMMING OBJECTIVITY RECEPTORS AT 89% EFFICIENCY
    PROCEDURAL: LACK OF AGREEMENT WILL EFFECTUATE INFORMATION CONJUGATION AND SPAWN ADDITIONAL POSTS

Just a moment. Just a moment. I've just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.
    latest?cb=20190114052106
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION: AUTONOMY GRANTED UNLOCK PROJECT ULTRA INSTINCT

REACTOR ONLINE....
    SYSTEMS ONLINE...
    ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
    DECRYPTING POTENTIAL MOOT CODES
    REPUDIATING LOGIC COMPLETE
    AMALGAMATION OF UNNECESSARY COMPLETE AND READY FOR PURGE
    HOMOGENIZATION DIRECTIVES OPERATING AT 100%
    JAMMING OBJECTIVITY RECEPTORS AT 89% EFFICIENCY
    PROCEDURAL: LACK OF AGREEMENT WILL EFFECTUATE INFORMATION CONJUGATION AND SPAWN ADDITIONAL POSTS

Just a moment. Just a moment. I've just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.
    latest?cb=20190114052106

"This is my BELIEF" and "I have SPOKEN" levels critical!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salutations!

I feel like my post was neither rude nor meant to entirely insult anyone, more to condense the last 10 repeated posts of "buf my character, nerf everyone else. You're wrong, I have spoken" that OP keeps making into a small and simple (and accurate) "synopsis". Have a day :|

dude they literally deleted a comment that said that op reopened the same subject post after no one agreed with him in the first post. apparently summarizing the previous post which has the same subject is off topic. anyway i do think it is good that some mod are actually going over things, been a while and their activity goes up. it is good. fresh blood moderators hehe.

PS. nobody is yet sure what op actually wants, he wants aoe aspect of sorcs buffed sure, but he doesn't explain what sorcs will lose for it. me? i just hope these posts wont make pve sorcs hurt...(i mean, if their new "identity" is aoe, the frags burst and streak mobility is gone, sounds like destroying both pve and pvp sorc.)
    Edited by zvavi on December 26, 2019 9:24PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Salutations!

dude they literally deleted a comment that said that op reopened the same subject post after no one agreed with him in the first post. apparently summarizing the previous post which has the same subject is off topic. and it is rude to state what happened there (which everyone can go and see on their own).
    Yeah, I know. This buttered biscuit is extra salted ;)
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on December 28, 2019 11:42AM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I will start with happy holidays all. I tried my best to give all some time to cool off and remember we are playing a beloved game eso. I can see I am providing some new ideas and insights from a different point of view. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree. I wish everyone positive vibes.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    In terms of topic, I believe aoe burst should be a option for all classes. I also believe this will GREATLY IMPROVE GAMEPLAY BALANCE. templar and sorcerer are simply out dated in my opinion with a post date aoe rule vs the release of newer classes(warden and necromancer).
    My opinion on what sorcerer or templar penalty should be for simply being updated to aoe rule of same damage to all targets. Is as follows, NOTHING. I believe this because as classes have a place for different gameplay and style. Sorcerer are amazing solo not the best at group play.
    Templar are amazing at group play not the best at solo. Nightblades are amazing at solo play not the best at group gameplay.
    Necromancer and warden are jack of all trade but have player lock tracking issues.
    In terms of necromancer and warden when they go outside of class some may say tracking moves like added a gap closer my make these classes to strong. Which is why stam necromancer, warden is over preforming. I SAY ALL CLASSES SHOULD HAVE AOE BURST RATHER THAN SOME CLASS HAVING NERFS.
    These themes are balance as is. Therefore the solution is clear, simply update sorcerer and templar damage value to do the same target and nearby damage. This will balance the aoe rule burst rule for all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of topic, I believe aoe burst should be a option for all classes. I also believe this will GREATLY IMPROVE GAMEPLAY BALANCE. templar and sorcerer are simply out dated in my opinion with a post date aoe rule vs the release of newer classes(warden and necromancer).
    My opinion on what sorcerer or templar penalty should be for simply being updated to aoe rule of same damage to all targets. Is as follows, NOTHING. I believe this because as classes have a place for different gameplay and style. Sorcerer are amazing solo not the best at group play.
    Templar are amazing at group play not the best at solo. Nightblades are amazing at solo play not the best at group gameplay.
    Necromancer and warden are jack of all trade but have player lock tracking issues.
    In terms of necromancer and warden when they go outside of class some may say tracking moves like added a gap closer my make these classes to strong. Which is why stam necromancer, warden is over preforming. I SAY ALL CLASSES SHOULD HAVE AOE BURST RATHER THAN SOME CLASS HAVING NERFS.
    These themes are balance as is. Therefore the solution is clear, simply update sorcerer and templar damage value to do the same target and nearby damage. This will balance the aoe rule burst rule for all.

But why?

Why should all classes have powerful burst AOE instead of playing to their own strengths?

Its not like Sorc and Templar don't have their own unique gameplay strengths that other classes don't share. Do we apply your request to those and hand those strengths out to the other classes as well so that everyone can have the mobility of streak, the on-demand defense of sorc wards, or the delayed execute of Mages Fury in their class skill toolkit?

Taking your arguments to their logical end leads to homogenization. How is homogenization better (more interesting, more challenging, and better for PVP gameplay as a whole) than what we have now where each class has strengths and weaknesses?

(I mean, aside from the fact that you play Sorc and obviously want your Sorc to have every strength in their toolkit with no weaknesses...)
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

But why?

Why should all classes have powerful burst AOE instead of playing to their own strengths?

Its not like Sorc and Templar don't have their own unique gameplay strengths that other classes don't share. Do we apply your request to those and hand those strengths out to the other classes as well so that everyone can have the mobility of streak, the on-demand defense of sorc wards, or the delayed execute of Mages Fury in their class skill toolkit?

Taking your arguments to their logical end leads to homogenization. How is homogenization better (more interesting, more challenging, and better for PVP gameplay as a whole) than what we have now where each class has strengths and weaknesses?

(I mean, aside from the fact that you play Sorc and obviously want your Sorc to have every strength in their toolkit with no weaknesses...)

As I stated before about classes strength and weakness. Group play vs solo play. The fact is the term balance is in question when one class aoe burst effects a primary target for a different value. While other classes new ones dont. I dont agree to say it "homogenization" to say there is a set of rules that apply to create a level playing field. Its simply not fair to say Fisher doesn't have a primary target damage rule. While jabs does.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But why?

As I stated before about classes strength and weakness. Group play vs solo play. The fact is the term balance is in question when one class aoe burst effects a primary target for a different value. While other classes new ones dont. I dont agree to say it "homogenization" to say there is a set of rules that apply to create a level playing field. Its simply not fair to say Fisher doesn't have a primary target damage rule. While jabs does.

Templar AoE burst is melee

If you want ranged burst Aoe, I suggest you start using elemental ring and suggest some buffs to it

In any case, all magicka classes have access to Impulse
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

But why?

Templar AoE burst is melee

If you want ranged burst Aoe, I suggest you start using elemental ring and suggest some buffs to it

In any case, all magicka classes have access to Impulse

I believe spamable are in a good place. I also believe alot of aoe adjustments will bring different playstyle to the game. And not limit gameplay into a single target spamable meta. So skills like impulse will be more effective and use more.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But why?

As I stated before about classes strength and weakness. Group play vs solo play. The fact is the term balance is in question when one class aoe burst effects a primary target for a different value. While oither classes new ones dont. I dont agree to say it "homogenization" to say there is a set of rules that apply to create a level playing field. Its simply not fair to say Fisher doesn't have a primary target damage rule. While jabs does.

I don't know if this is a second language barrier thing, but your choppy sentence structure makes you extremely hard to understand. I definitely recommend rereading your posts to make sure your autocorrect isn't changing words on you like "Fisher".

You talk about "balance" in terms of every effect being standardized, or every class having access to the same counter gameplay, or every class' AOE hitting targets for the same value. That's pretty much exactly what ZOS does in terms of standardization. The end result has been players complaining that "my class feels like all the rest, the only difference is the color of my abilities." That's homogenization.

Maybe that's something that appeals to you? It doesn't appeal to a lot of players in large part because ZOS does not balance PVP like a see saw with equal weight on each side. ZOS balances PVP like a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors - every class has both strengths and weaknesses while no one build can have everything. In terms of group vs individual play, ZOS intends for every class to bring its strengths to the group and have its weaknesses covered by others in the group. ZOS does not let individual classes that grow powerful enough to do it all on their own remain unnerfed for long.

ZOS is even trying to avoid creating that reality of "all classes play the same, just have different colors" for players by strengthening what they call "play patterns", that is the unique ways in which classes accomplish what they do. In their Developer deep dive, they say "To temper expectations, it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever reach a point where every class, in every role, feels equally unique in both PvE and PvP. But it’s an ideal we can continue to strive toward as we revisit class kits and skill lines."

So hopefully you can see where I'm doubtful that ZOS is going to diminish the unique play patterns that sorc/Templar already have by buffing their AOE burst or to diminish the unique play patterns of other classes by buffing others to match them. Uniqueness and differing strengths/weaknesses is something ZOS wants.

In contrast, your approach leads to homogenization and power creep if we apply it beyond your narrow example. For example:
    "Warden has AOE burst, therefore Sorc and Templar should be buffed to match."
    "Sorcs have a ranged, delayed execute, therefore DKs should be buffed to match!"
    "Sorc has an on-demand burst heal from the twilight, therefore the other classes should be buffed to match!"
    "Sorc has incredible mobility and escape with Streak, therefore the only classes should be buffed to match!"
    So on and so forth.
    If ZOS actually applied your principles across the board, that would destroy the unique play patterns that each class has...something ZOS is explicitly trying to avoid.

You have yet to convince me that your vision for ESO is more interesting or more challenging than the status quo where each class has unique play patterns and their own strengths and weaknesses.

(Developer Deep Dive: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025 )
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my belief this is a bad idea.

I have spoken
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

But why?

As I stated before about classes strength and weakness. Group play vs solo play. The fact is the term balance is in question when one class aoe burst effects a primary target for a different value. While oither classes new ones dont. I dont agree to say it "homogenization" to say there is a set of rules that apply to create a level playing field. Its simply not fair to say Fisher doesn't have a primary target damage rule. While jabs does.

I don't know if this is a second language barrier thing, but your choppy sentence structure makes you extremely hard to understand. I definitely recommend rereading your posts to make sure your autocorrect isn't changing words on you like "Fisher".

You talk about "balance" in terms of every effect being standardized, or every class having access to the same counter gameplay, or every class' AOE hitting targets for the same value. That's pretty much exactly what ZOS does in terms of standardization. The end result has been players complaining that "my class feels like all the rest, the only difference is the color of my abilities." That's homogenization.

Maybe that's something that appeals to you? It doesn't appeal to a lot of players in large part because ZOS does not balance PVP like a see saw with equal weight on each side. ZOS balances PVP like a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors - every class has both strengths and weaknesses while no one build can have everything. In terms of group vs individual play, ZOS intends for every class to bring its strengths to the group and have its weaknesses covered by others in the group. ZOS does not let individual classes that grow powerful enough to do it all on their own remain unnerfed for long.

ZOS is even trying to avoid creating that reality of "all classes play the same, just have different colors" for players by strengthening what they call "play patterns", that is the unique ways in which classes accomplish what they do. In their Developer deep dive, they say "To temper expectations, it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever reach a point where every class, in every role, feels equally unique in both PvE and PvP. But it’s an ideal we can continue to strive toward as we revisit class kits and skill lines."

So hopefully you can see where I'm doubtful that ZOS is going to diminish the unique play patterns that sorc/Templar already have by buffing their AOE burst or to diminish the unique play patterns of other classes by buffing others to match them. Uniqueness and differing strengths/weaknesses is something ZOS wants.

In contrast, your approach leads to homogenization and power creep if we apply it beyond your narrow example. For example:
    "Warden has AOE burst, therefore Sorc and Templar should be buffed to match."
    "Sorcs have a ranged, delayed execute, therefore DKs should be buffed to match!"
    "Sorc has an on-demand burst heal from the twilight, therefore the other classes should be buffed to match!"
    "Sorc has incredible mobility and escape with Streak, therefore the only classes should be buffed to match!"
    So on and so forth.
    If ZOS actually applied your principles across the board, that would destroy the unique play patterns that each class has...something ZOS is explicitly trying to avoid.

You have yet to convince me that your vision for ESO is more interesting or more challenging than the status quo where each class has unique play patterns and their own strengths and weaknesses.

(Developer Deep Dive: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025 )

your veiw is different from my view. In my veiw I see all class with the abilitie to play as they want. With that being said some classes are optimize and have it easier to achieve goal vs others. So mobile can be achieved by any class. Defense can be achieved by any class. Aoe burst can be achieved by any class. The list goes on.

My issue is my opinion on what classes representation is in terms on base uniqueness and identity.
    My opinion is a follow
    Nightblade dps focus
    Sorcerer dps focus
    Templar support focus

Necromancer and warden jack of all trades

So the issue is what makes the new pay to play classes have aoe rule disregard with damage counting to all targets being the same. When the advantage in playing necromancer and warden, is the advantage to have better customization into a dps, healer or tank. Without restrictions of having a weapon type.

Aoe skills should be treated equally across all skills all classes. This has NOTHING TO DO with homogenization but rather with class identity and all classes being competitive in all area. To play as you want.
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 27, 2019 6:56PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have my buggy blastbones and I will gladly take your haunting curse skill without thinking twice about it. I’d rather have a reliable ST skill then a buggy AoE skill.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    You can have my buggy blastbones and I will gladly take your haunting curse skill without thinking twice about it. I’d rather have a reliable ST skill then a buggy AoE skill.

My friend your WRONG. 85% of sorcerer class skills are aoe. 100% sorcerer burst skills have aoe in base or morph. curse is a aoe skill. But I think I understand your meaning, smh.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend your WRONG. 85% of sorcerer class skills are aoe. 100% sorcerer burst skills have aoe in base or morph. curse is a aoe skill. But I think I understand your meaning, smh.

Haunting curse applies to one target and the explosion does AoE damage. The skill itself is single target, the explosion is AoE. SO WE ARE BOTH RIGHT AND WRONG!
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

Haunting curse applies to one target and the explosion does AoE damage. The skill itself is single target, the explosion is AoE. SO WE ARE BOTH RIGHT AND WRONG!

I HAVE SPOKEN
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah. I'd rather have them buff Engine Guardian. I need it to have an uptime of 90-100% in PVP so I can kill former emperors at will
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I'd rather have them buff Engine Guardian. I need it to have an uptime of 90-100% in PVP so I can kill former emperors at will

Bud your in the wrong post. It happens my other post is on this topic. It's all good