The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any hope of MMR ever getting fixed?

Maryjane832
Maryjane832
Soul Shriven
Please fix MMR. Its ruining the game for those that PVP. Get rid of grouping in BGs all together. Set up tournaments for 2v2 and 4v4. This can't possible be that hard.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not many actual groups out there, people always just say "premade" as a reason why they got roflstomped because the queue system put some of the stronger people who teamplay in with people doing their daily, or if there is a healer people will just naturally stack and look like an organized group. There is more "premade" groups of people who are inexperienced than there is of legit pvpers who typically duo, I love it when cyrodil zerglings or pvers Q for bgs as a group makes me feel like I am good at this game to kill them all at once.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fix mmr needs is the removal of it itself. With high mmr you're forced to sit in 10-15 minute queues just for a deathmatch, only to fight the same 15-20 people you always fight. God forbid if I want to queue for a flag game or landgrab where the queue is a minimum of 15-20 minutes (assuming I'll even get a queue to pop for those matches).

And all this crying about "premades" facerolling soloqueuers is just ***. The amount of real premades in low mmr BG's is almost non existent. The majority of premades you'll find in high mmr matches. People think that they're up against premades (premade = 3-4 people queuing together) just because a team sticks together and plays well, but fail to accept that they're up against soloplayers who knows how to play as a team. In some cases a duo queueu can dominate a bg, but in my book, a duo queue is not a premade.

Get rid of the mmr system so that I don't have to wait an insane amount of time to play the bg modes I want. Anything over 5 minutes, regardless of mode is unacceptable imo.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The only fix mmr needs is the removal of it itself. With high mmr you're forced to sit in 10-15 minute queues just for a deathmatch, only to fight the same 15-20 people you always fight. God forbid if I want to queue for a flag game or landgrab where the queue is a minimum of 15-20 minutes (assuming I'll even get a queue to pop for those matches).

And all this crying about "premades" facerolling soloqueuers is just ***. The amount of real premades in low mmr BG's is almost non existent. The majority of premades you'll find in high mmr matches. People think that they're up against premades (premade = 3-4 people queuing together) just because a team sticks together and plays well, but fail to accept that they're up against soloplayers who knows how to play as a team. In some cases a duo queueu can dominate a bg, but in my book, a duo queue is not a premade.

Get rid of the mmr system so that I don't have to wait an insane amount of time to play the bg modes I want. Anything over 5 minutes, regardless of mode is unacceptable imo.

LFG tool cannot handle EU at prime time. There is a waiting list that is why we have so long queues.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

LFG tool cannot handle EU at prime time. There is a waiting list that is why we have so long queues.

That would explain alot of things...... :(
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

waiting list is a cause of incomplete teams
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    There is more "premade" groups of people who are inexperienced than there is of legit pvpers who typically duo

we must be playing a different game
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the past 6 years are any indication....if it's a pvp feature then no, it will not be fixed lol.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades are extremely rare on PC NA

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Maryjane832
    Maryjane832
    Soul Shriven
    Even if you're right, and I'm not saying you are, and premades are not the problem, my suggestions are still good. 2v2 and 4v4 matches and tournaments would be fun, more competitive and would fix some of the imbalances and que times.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even if you're right, and I'm not saying you are, and premades are not the problem, my suggestions are still good. 2v2 and 4v4 matches and tournaments would be fun, more competitive and would fix some of the imbalances and que times.

I really doubt that 2vs2 and 4vs4 will be fun in ESO. I ve played a few 4vs4 in BGs where the third team quit and it is really clear who will win the fight after 30 seconds.
    Thogard wrote: »

Full premades in EU do not exist right now. Most of the players play in duos and rarely in trios

Because I can!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not many actual groups out there, people always just say "premade" as a reason why they got roflstomped because the queue system put some of the stronger people who teamplay in with people doing their daily, or if there is a healer people will just naturally stack and look like an organized group. There is more "premade" groups of people who are inexperienced than there is of legit pvpers who typically duo, I love it when cyrodil zerglings or pvers Q for bgs as a group makes me feel like I am good at this game to kill them all at once.

True, and lol at the last sentence. Even in Cyrodiil I get hit by a sniper that does not even come close to killing me and I think how those PvE players that try out PvP make me look like a good player. When is the next Mayhem event? ( yea, I know probably never).
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fix mmr needs is the removal of it itself.

I genuinely think it has been removed. You can have 2 matches in a row where in one there are just sweaty tryhards in the opposite teams and you can't possibly win or even come second if your team is lacking one player or just overall bad. In the next one you're facing such potatoes that you can clean the entire enemy team by yourself without even trying.
  • Maryjane832
    Maryjane832
    Soul Shriven

I really doubt that 2vs2 and 4vs4 will be fun in ESO. I ve played a few 4vs4 in BGs where the third team quit and it is really clear who will win the fight after 30 seconds.
    Thogard wrote: »

Full premades in EU do not exist right now. Most of the players play in duos and rarely in trios

You don't think tournaments and best of 3 standard matches for 2v2 and 4v4 would increase competition and interest in pvp? Sure, teams will get stomped often but applying rankings would work much better for more competitive matches. And BGs would still be a thing along with cyr.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    The only fix mmr needs is the removal of it itself.

I genuinely think it has been removed. You can have 2 matches in a row where in one there are just sweaty tryhards in the opposite teams and you can't possibly win or even come second if your team is lacking one player or just overall bad. In the next one you're facing such potatoes that you can clean the entire enemy team by yourself without even trying.

More likely it exists but the system doesn't have the population to actually match people with similar MMR. Which is depressing as hell. BGs are hella fun IMO. It's a shame few people can/will experience it due to poor coding. :'(
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After playing more... god I hope they keep MMR. Low MMR matches aren’t fun: people drop when they realize they aren’t going to get carried, crazy imbalanced matches, people afk at the spawn, people don’t have vigor yet and don’t heal themselves, whole teams drop the match.

It’s a *** show.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    After playing more... god I hope they keep MMR. Low MMR matches aren’t fun: people drop when they realize they aren’t going to get carried, crazy imbalanced matches, people afk at the spawn, people don’t have vigor yet and don’t heal themselves, whole teams drop the match.

It’s a *** show.

Yeah it is needed 100%, they don't want to have to sift through all the reports for "hacking" they will get when it puts a decent magwarden in with casuals and they 1v10 which would become a regular event if there was no MMR. As much as the 20 min waits and 99% chance of sweat with intermittent salt sometimes pains me it's not as bad as the frustration I would experience if all the sudden nobody knew how to play or how the BG works.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a *** show.

Yeah it is needed 100%, they don't want to have to sift through all the reports for "hacking" they will get when it puts a decent magwarden in with casuals and they 1v10 which would become a regular event if there was no MMR. As much as the 20 min waits and 99% chance of sweat with intermittent salt sometimes pains me it's not as bad as the frustration I would experience if all the sudden nobody knew how to play or how the BG works.

Any queue that takes longer than 5 min regardless of game mode is unacceptable. Who cares if someone leaves in a low mmr game, you'll get a new game almost instantly anyway. Again, I shouldn't be punished with longer queue times just because I've played more BG's on a specific character. And fighting the same 20-30 people everytime is *** too. Just disable mmr until a proper system is in place.
    Edited by Qbiken on December 29, 2019 11:57AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It’s a *** show.

Any queue that takes longer than 5 min regardless of game mode is unacceptable. Who cares if someone leaves in a low mmr game, you'll get a new game almost instantly anyway. Again, I shouldn't be punished with longer queue times just because I've played more BG's on a specific character. And fighting the same 20-30 people everytime is *** too. Just disable mmr until a proper system is in place.

I still get 10 minute queues on my alt. When you first start they pop fast, but after maybe Assault/Support 6 they slow down a lot. Grinding out Assault/Support 10 sucks.

You get lots of new players, people drop games if they don’t think they’ll get carried, and it’s almost never full teams of 4.

When you play more and get matched against pvpers no one drops, the teams are full, and they’re usually good games.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you play more and get matched against pvpers no one drops, the teams are full, and they’re usually good games.

i dont play much this days but people jump off when they think they are playing against premade. i fought in some 4v1v1 matches