Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raidbot/Event planner for Discord

Zapzarap
Zapzarap
✭✭✭✭
INFO:
Since we are now listed on multible discord bot pages (for example https://top.gg/bot/658698521570181140), I will not update this post anymore. We also have a discord server where you can contact us :)

Hey guys!

It's almost been a year since a guild mate and I were creating a discord raid bot and (after all) it was in use for 3 different guilds. So a couple of months ago we had the idea to make the raid bot available for the public. To be honest our set up mechanism was pretty...lets say *** because in the beginning the raid bot wasn't meant to be open for everyone.

Anyway over the last two months we almost rewrote the hole bot and tried to make the set up as easy as possible...and now we want to share our first beta version with you.

You might want to see how the bot looks like? Here is an image of an event:
AfqBjZ7.png

Keep in mind this is a beta version.. but if you are still interested; you can invite the bot via this link:
https://discordapp.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=658698521570181140&scope=bot&permissions=75840

Couple of important information:
  • For the initial setup you have to be the owner of the discord server or you need administrator rights. The owner of the server also gets a quick guide on how to set up the bot.
  • The bot needs some rights to work properly. Those are “Send Messages”, “Manage Messages”, “Read Messge History” and “Add Reactions”. When you use our invite link, those permissions are granted automatically. This is just a reminder that you should not remove them manually. (We work on a way to tell you automatically if the bot lacks permissions)
  • Please provide us feedback in any form (bug reports, feature requests, etc.). We would love to hear from you! You can reach us via this forum thread, our bug form, our feature request form and our newly created (and sadly empty) support discord server :)
  • Last but not least: As I already mentioned the bot is still in an early version. Please keep that in mind.

Some set up help:
It is pretty easy to set up the bot. You just need to follow those 3 steps:
  • Invite him via this link
  • Use our command to setup a channel (execute this command in the channel where you want the bot to listen to): !setup_channel [admin role id] [user role id] (You can get the 'role ids' by adding a backslash before the role. Example: '\@user' returns <@ &123456789> => 123456789 is the id)
  • Optional: Use the !change_date_format [number] command to change the date format of raid events. The default format is YYYY/MM/DD and by using !change_date_format 0 you get a list of all available commands.
After that the bot is ready to use.

Create your first event:
You can create events with the !create [title] [date] [optional description] command. An example could be !create 'Raiding party' 2019/24/12 'Merry Christmas Raid!'
Events will be automatically deleted after 14 days … or you can delete them manually by using the !remove [event id] command.

Done!
So these were the basics of the bot. You can type !help to get a list of all available commands and you can also join our discord server if you are stuck somewhere.

That’s it for now. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :smile:

Changelog:
Beta v0.4
Fixes:
  • Fixed a problem that sometimes commands stopped working
  • Fixed some broken stuff with the !edit command
  • Fixed a bug that !change_channel would not work..
  • Fixes a bug that the bot sometimes stop responding to your reactions.
New stuff
  • !remove_channel. This command removes an event channel from the bot. It is the opposite of !setup_channel
  • !reset. This command makes a "hard reset" of the bot on your server. After executing this command the bot forgets everything about your server (event channels, settings, etc.). You can use this command to reset the bot to "default settings"
Improvements
  • On reboot the bot does not need to create the events again :)
  • Made the !help more uniform and added more information to commands when !help [command] is used.
  • Made :at:everyone a valid role to pass as a user role. This way you can now allow everyone on your server to attend events by passing :at:everyone when using !setup_channel or !change_user. :at:everyone is still not allowed to pass as an admin role.

Beta v0.3
  • Fixed some spelling mistakes
  • Added more aliases to commands
  • Improved the error handling. You should now get more feedback if something went wrong.
  • !help can now be called by anyone from everywere. Even in private messages.
  • Resolved a bug with !setup_channel
  • Added a bot status message (he now plays his version and !help)

Beta v0.2
  • You can now pass a role with an @user instead of using the id.
  • We did some !help and commands rework. You now can put !help in front of every command to get more information about it.
  • We now support aliases for long commands. To find out if a command has an alias you need to type !help <command_name>
  • The !edit command now works properly
  • added a new command (!reload). This command reloads an event. If you hide an event (press the 'x' button nexto the message), discord provides no option to show that message again. Thats why admins now can use !reload to delete the old (hidden) message and create a new one.
Edited by Zapzarap on March 1, 2020 12:32PM
Rolle: Tank
Gilde: eXceed-Gaming
Youtube: Zapzarap

Craglorn: vAA HM, vHR HM, vSO HM
DLC: vMOL HM, vHoF HM, vAS (+2), vCR (+3), vSS HM
Tick-Tock Tormentor // Immortal Redeemer // Gryphon Heart
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brilliant idea! Well done on making it! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty nice. Would have definitely come in useful last time I was in an active raiding guild.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very cool
    Options
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty for your feedback :) We just updated the bot to a newer beta version.

Changelog can be found in the first post.

Happy new year!

Options
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like an easy way to hack/rig rosters and pass raid information to the Russians. No thanks.
    Edited by TheGreatBlackBear on January 2, 2020 11:28AM
    Options
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since discord is an american company located in San Francisco, I would be more concerned about the NSA reading my raiding schedule. They then could compare it with my smart watch and daily activities and pass it to my health insurance company... damed, what a mess... I guess I should stop that project.

Options
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. Don't make it any easier for Big Tec/Big Pharma to control your life.
    Options
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just updated to a new beta version, where we fixed some bugs and made some better error handling/feedback on wrong user input.
    Please still provide us feedback if something seems broken ur is unclear.

Changelog can be found in the first post ;)

Options
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just updated to version 0.4 beta and made a lot of improvements many of them because of your feedback. Thanks! :)

Changelog as always in the first post

Options
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, have you looked at raidplanner (https://beta.esoraidplanner.com/) which is now hooked into Discord? All my guilds are using this. Does your app differ significantly?
    Options
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    can't access the page.. But if I am correct its the one from woeler? We used that before but we switched away from it because it requires you to create an account (which you can link with your discord acc). In theorie thats no problem but than we started to do more "open raids" and it was easier for us to just invite users to our discord server and let them attend events instead of letting them sign up on an other webpage and handle everything there.. But I don't know the beta version since the guildmate started this bot like a year ago (only for us) and we are using it since them.
    Edited by Zapzarap on January 14, 2020 10:03PM

Options