The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Non-Combat Pet Idle Animations

Tawniey
Tawniey
✭✭✭
It's super awesome to see the new pets have such more lively animations, like the Senchal Harbor-Mutt does as it bounces from play-pose to sitting to laying to looking around.
However, I wonder if it'd be possible to see an animation update to our older beloved pets?

Since it's the same (or a similar) rig, I assume, translating animations would hopefully be pretty simple. Or, if it comes down to wanting players to obtain the new pet FOR the new animations, perhaps give us an option of pet "personalities" that we get with each new pet and can toggle the skin for?

I love my Windhelm Wolfdog dearly and it's really the only dog model I'd like to keep on my main for character reasons. But, I'd really love to see it be more lively like the new one, rather than simply stand and pant. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

(Wasn't quite sure if this was a "General" or "Crown Store" matter, but I figured this is fine since almost all non-combat pets are crown items?)
Edited by Tawniey on December 23, 2019 9:03AM
[ESO-Database Profile] | [Ridiculous TES Musings]
[ESO Fanfic: Soulbound]
(site being revamped, pardon for now)
—✩—
they/them
PC-NA | Playing since 2015
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love if they spent some more time animating older pets, a lot of the like wolf pups don't have any proper animations, It was just much nicer to have it feel more lively and immersive.

One pet which I like is the new fawn, the way it bounces from left to right is adorable and I just wish some of the older pets got some love.

As you said, it probably wouldn't be too difficult in just applying an animation mesh to pre-existing pets

The most common; Baby-Senche, Bear Cub, Wolf Pup. - As these, all have pretty bland animations, especially the wolf in my opinion.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the old Pets are in desperate need of animation and model updates (compare the old Wolfhounds to the new one), but the devs have basically said they won't ever update older cosmetic items out of fear after they updated the appearance of some costume and there was a huge backlash from the community.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on December 23, 2019 2:07PM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Many of the old Pets are in desperate need of animation and model updates (compare the old Wolfhounds to the new one), but the devs have basically said they won't ever update older cosmetic items out of fear after they updated the appearance of some costume and there was a huge backlash from the community.

As long as there aren't any constant irritating sound effects or actual model changes pets should be fine