The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is the better execute?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering, what's the better execute? Killer's blade or executioner?

And if I have access to killers blade, should I use reverse slice? Or ditch killers blade and use executioner?

Best Answer

• PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    So executioner does more damage?
    I don't really have any idea where someone's health will be after I attack. That kind of depends on their mitigation I would Assume. I haven't exactly decided on all the skills I will use in said combo. Except for surprise attack.... Thinking of Brawler or reverse slice, surprise attack, killers blade or executioner.

Executioner's bonus damage increases gradually as their health decreases. Killer's blade provides either all of its bonus damage or none of it.

e.g: Killers blade at 26% > 5000 damage and at 25% > 20,000 damage. Executioner at 26% 17,000 damage and at 25% 17,200 damage. Executioner therefore works among a higher range of health % but the target has to be much lower health to get its full worth
    Edited by PapaWeeb on December 22, 2019 4:30AM
    PC EU
    Answer ✓
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's preference. I find killer's blade to work well with a specific combo that you know where their HP should be at afterwards.

Executioner is good when lots of extra heals are being tossed out that'll bring your target to 26% hp.
    Edited by Udrath on December 21, 2019 9:16PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    It's preference. I find killer's blade to work well with a specific combo that you know where their HP will be at afterwards.

Executioner is good when lots of extra heals are being tossed out that'll bring your target to 26% hp.

So executioner does more damage?
    I don't really have any idea where someone's health will be after I attack. That kind of depends on their mitigation I would Assume. I haven't exactly decided on all the skills I will use in said combo. Except for surprise attack.... Thinking of Brawler or reverse slice, surprise attack, killers blade or executioner.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d try them all, but think executioner is better.

It’s like you said, you don’t know what someone’s health will be when it lands, and health values jump around a lot in pvp.

When I check death recaps I usually see executioner being used against me. People use it right away as part of a combo so don’t have to look at health bars before deciding which ability to use, which is a huge bonus. I rarely see killer’s blade.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 22, 2019 6:00AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    executioner, especially considering the average max hp is way too high at the moment, even in no-cp you might find it difficult to use killer's blade reliably on tankier targets, but if you actually get the execute bonus it will deal significantly higher damage.

In killer blade's defense you can use it with other weapons.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 22, 2019 6:05PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Executioner, there is a reason why you don't see killers blade on NB recaps.

I'd say its easier to cancel executioner and take advantage of follow up (heavy attack&cancel it) than killers blade, but maybe its just me.

Don't use reverse slice because it is unreliable when it lags; like all damage that affects more than one target or heals more than one target the game has a slight delay when casting that becomes more noticeable in lag and leads to situations where a player can have the damage (or heal) completely dropped under certain conditions...

Also I've never seen reverse slice ever turn a situation around, but maybe that's just me :D
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    executioner start working at 38% hp, the same damage as surprise attack with lower stamina cost, up to 25%hp with 50% more damage than surprise attack.
    killersblade work at 24% hp deal 2 times damage of surprise attack.
    executioner deal 2 times damage of surprise attack at 13% up to 2.5 times at 1% hp
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executioner is so awesome to use, hacking into some with a full swing above you head. For this I say execute.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only