The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Curious about a non-CP magDK build..

ketsparrowhawk
ketsparrowhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried a setup like this? I like the idea of this build but not sure how well it would work in practice. This would be for Deathmatch for the most part.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=198568

Torugs + Desert Rose + Bloodspawn. The idea is to entirely rely on Desert Rose and the infused/Torugs Absorb Magicka glyph for sustain (and Breton passives). Invest everything else in damage and defense. Assuming a high uptime on DR, and assuming my LA weaving is consistent, that's equivalent to roughly 1800 magicka recovery!

The 2-4 piece bonuses on both sets seem perfect for a magDK. Throw in some protective jewelry along with Bloodspawn and that's a pretty tanky light-armor setup.

I like the idea that the gear encourages me to stay aggressive, and I put in enough bulkiness to make that playstyle feasible. Looks good on paper but has anyone tried it or something similar?

Thanks!
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 sustain sets is overkill. Better off running Dunmer with Seducer and Alfiq with Sugar Skulls (or BTB with Infusion).
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use Torugs pact use some kind of damage glyph (shock is usually the way to go)
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried torugs pact on magdk and it's not bad at all. You can make this set up work though with infused staffs with lightning enchant on destro bar. Really 1k magicka recovery is enough due to passives and heavy attacks. I wouldn't invest into protective jewelry though. If you want more defense swap desert rose out for one in my opinion.

Also with torugs pact if you use the wall of elements it procs your staff enchant with 100% uptime to 1 enemy standing in it. Torug's and infused staffs makes the cooldowns on your enchants every 1.4 second for a damage enchant and 3.4 seconds for spell damage buff. I think?

For an AoE build you could use standard, drop fiery breath and empowering chains for blockade and talons. Great damage.
    Edited by Udrath on December 21, 2019 9:30PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d tweak it a bit.

You could use radiating regen on your back bar, but that’s the only resto ability I’d use.

What might work a little better is switching torug’s pact to your weapon set instead of seducer, then try potatoes S&B on your back bar. Weapon damage enchants don’t proc from healing so I don’t think you’ll get much from torug’s pact resto. It’ll only proc on heavy attacks.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’d tweak it a bit.

You could use radiating regen on your back bar, but that’s the only resto ability I’d use.

What might work a little better is switching torug’s pact to your weapon set instead of seducer, then try potatoes S&B on your back bar. Weapon damage enchants don’t proc from healing so I don’t think you’ll get much from torug’s pact resto. It’ll only proc on heavy attacks.

Thanks for the input. I think I've landed on Torugs + Seducer (it was Torugs + Desert Rose when I made this post).

Resto staff light attacks do indeed proc the weapon glyph. My combo is Chains > Engulfing > Embers (bar swap) > Fossilize (bar swap) > Molten Whip. Of course I do a light attack just before Fossilize to proc the berserker glyph. Been working fairly well for me. I'm using Blessing of Restoration for my burst heal because I like being able to heal my teammates when needed, and it's cheaper than Coagulated Blood.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’d tweak it a bit.

Thanks for the input. I think I've landed on Torugs + Seducer (it was Torugs + Desert Rose when I made this post).

Resto staff light attacks do indeed proc the weapon glyph. My combo is Chains > Engulfing > Embers (bar swap) > Fossilize (bar swap) > Molten Whip. Of course I do a light attack just before Fossilize to proc the berserker glyph. Been working fairly well for me. I'm using Blessing of Restoration for my burst heal because I like being able to heal my teammates when needed, and it's cheaper than Coagulated Blood.

Ah nice. Seducer is a great set, I use it in a lot of builds.

About the weapon damage enchant, only light attacks, heavy attacks and weapon skills will proc glyphs.

I think radiating regen’s the best resto heal if you can fit it. What makes it so good is not being frontal so you can hit people who’re spread apart like will sometimes happen in BGs.

One ability that acts similarly is shard, I’d look into it to see if you like it. It will heal two people regardless of their positioning but it’s expensive and there’s a travel time issue.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten