The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

About the Opalescent Epidermis

Tsar_Gekkou
Tsar_Gekkou
✭✭✭✭✭
This skin could've been perfect if not for the cat litter that's all over it. I just can't fathom why someone would come up with a cool-looking skin, and then have the thought process to smear crud on it. Any insight as to why?
Xbox NA healer main
vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This skin could've been perfect if not for the cat litter that's all over it. I just can't fathom why someone would come up with a cool-looking skin, and then have the thought process to smear crud on it. Any insight as to why?

I think the intention was meant to be like mother-of-pearl, so inside and outside of the shell, but it doesn't look great
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That's too bad :(, I liked feeling like in a body paint party.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It
    renne wrote: »

I think the intention was meant to be like mother-of-pearl, so inside and outside of the shell, but it doesn't look great

It isn't meant to be mother of pearl. It is supposed to be the opal gem and there are often impurities such as rock in the opals. That is the grey patches. That said, i agree that the skin would look better without the grey patches.
  • YE4hR1GHT
    YE4hR1GHT
    ✭✭
    I am honestly disappointed by all 3 skins released in this period, they looked so cool in mined data and previews, and they are totally "Meh" in reality...and consider I play on 4K all maxed out.
    Specifically the opalescent result is just a mess, doesn't look like mother of pearl or anything similar in any way, it just look like a textures artist having a bad day.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YE4hR1GHT wrote: »
    I am honestly disappointed by all 3 skins released in this period, they looked so cool in mined data and previews, and they are totally "Meh" in reality...and consider I play on 4K all maxed out.
    Specifically the opalescent result is just a mess, doesn't look like mother of pearl or anything similar in any way, it just look like a textures artist having a bad day.

Well, I loved the maormer skin, and the red one is super cool imo, although I didn´t purchase it because it didn´t fit any of my characters. The opaline one, yeah, I totally agree, it could have been super cool and is horrible, absolutely lame, like being covered in bad body paint and bird´s excrements.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason it looks bad isn't inherently because of the rock parts -- those are a cool idea. The problem is that the grey of those parts has pretty much the exact same brightness value and doesn't contrast with the rest of the skin, so it just looks gross. If it was darker, the skin would be gorgeous.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s exactly how I feel about the vHoF skin. The gold would be really cool if it wasn’t blotchy. I’d also prefer the sanctified silver skin without the cheek spirals, but at least that one covers the whole body without patches of skin showing through.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Red and opalescent look amazing on Argonians...the rest of us, not so much 😆
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

No, it's supposed to look like an opal, hence the name.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red and opalescent look amazing on Argonians...the rest of us, not so much 😆

I used the red on a beefy male orc to make my very own Heckboy ;)