The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Frostvault HM Last Boss DC Constantly

Zyva
Zyva
✭✭✭✭✭
Me and a group of friends have been going through the dlc's collecting trifecta achievements. Frost vault is the only trifecta dungeon in the game I am missing, and for one simple reason; every time I get to it, 1 to 3 people disconnect.

Most of the time, its within the first 10 seconds of the start of the fight, which obviously causes the person who dc's to die before they can finish disconnecting and ruining the no death portion of the trifecta. Other times, its in the first 10 seconds after the mouse phase. sometimes, two people even literally die IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE. We've tried turning off all addons. we've tried lowering all graphics. We've tried standing on the outside, the inside, singing the magic voodoo-please-zos-just-fix-this-place, maybe lets just restart our computers again?!

I've asked other people, and its not just us. We are from all different parts of the world. What is up with this!? Will it be fixed? I want this last freaking trifecta and if people can stop getting disconnected for five minutes, I can get it and move on with my life. so ZOS, please, take a look at this dungeon one last time, PLEASE. Its a really nice dungeon with some really nice mechanics, a really interesting and fun mini-game HM fight, but right now none of us want to even go in there because of this let alone recommend anyone buy the DLC.

And to reiterate. This has been happening for SIX WEEKS NOW. We started the first week of November. My friends have been trying THREE TIMES A WEEK, multiple runs a night, getting consistently to last boss with no deaths, only to have people DC. This is NOT a new problem. I HAVE submitted bug reports, to no response. The only reason I have not moved on is because this is the last trifecta I need, and I'm a diehard achievement hunter.
Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Tannio8
    Tannio8
    Soul Shriven
    truuuuu
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening since it came out. Gave up on the trifecta due to this. I couldn’t even complete the pledge last week due to constant disconnects.

Always just after the mouse phase, never have disconnect issues at any point or in any other content. It’s never been addressed by ZoS as far as I can tell and numerous tickets I’ve raised have never had any replies either.
  • Haroeris
    Haroeris
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's REALLY frustrating. Turning off addons and setting graphics to low makes no difference, and it's not an internet connection issue either. I know it's called Frostvault, but I don't think the game is supposed to freeze as the dungeon's name suggests!
    PC-NA since 2015, cp1800+
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seems like no way around this thing, but tickets are not helping for now.
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    This happened a few times to me a while ago when I did it and it happened to a friend of mine earlier as she was trying to get it
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    The game has frozen and crashed twice during the last boss fight in Frost vault over the last month. :/
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, this happened to me and my group every... single... time... we went in there, was driving us crazy while we were trying to farm it during double drops.

The first DC always happened about 5 seconds into the fight - always one or two of us. After relogging the fight would last through the first rodent phase then boom, another DC. It’s too bad because I really like Frostvault and it’s mechanics, very fun HM fight when it works.

PLEASE fix this.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds frustrating
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Same here- the DCs start happening in the first 10 seconds of combat for Stonekeeper HM almost every time. This issue has been happening throughout the entire Dragonhold patch.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, tonight. no deaths until last boss, when ONE PERSON DISCONNECTS AFTER MOUSE PHASE AT 22 PERCENT.

please, ZOS. fix this.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too many times , ZOS average fix time takes about 2 months rofl .
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGAIN, TONIGHT. againt, last boss, hm. another person disconnects.

no deaths until the disconnects. Do I need to just update this post every night as we go into here. Would it even make a difference.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The blue screen bug happened again last night , will you guys fix it ?
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has still not been fixed ZoS. It's irritating trying to do the no death HM speed achievement, getting clean to last boss and one person just crashing after mouse phase....
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah still happening
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Just happened to me during a normal Frostvault run.
    After skeevaton phase, then last boss about to die, suddenly long freeze, then disconnect.

PC NA
  • CaptainCarunch
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any comment on this? Has happened to me as well on last boss trying to get a tank Stonekeeper helm numerous times. Dungeon is hard enough without the gut punch of making it to the end and having 3/4 of your team DC.

Xbox NA
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    DC in this dunguan is not a bug i think. It is new optimization.

Do not worry, optimization continues, they will soon optimizate all the game and it will be trash soon.

It already for 1 year is optimizated from the best game i ever play to the luged, buged some thing, people run away from.

I am even not sure that i will not run my self, if such "optimizations" in game, skills, sets and etc continues.

We farmed motifs there some time ago, but now we did not go there for may be 1-2 month, becouse each time - DC, i even do not want to go there, even i neet Tzogvin very much. Just do not want to stack login each time i get DC.

My skill Moltan armaments is buged for 9 month already and do not work correct !!! Fot example with restoration stuff (0 % add to heavy attacks), it is not the only 1 skill that do not work correct !!!

I think that s like new optimization work.

9 month skills do not work , in vCR synergy of ice and jump can not be used, skill panel get locked and can not be swaped untill relog in.

But they make imperial bash 2% more in cost (even when no one play him), so big error, that needed optimization.

What will stop work next ? I mean what will be optimizated next, sorry ?

Waiting 16-17 january in fear to know this.
    Edited by MyPrist on January 15, 2020 7:58AM
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Even on normal the DC’s are a regularity. Not surprised based on the past few updates from ZOS. Bugs and glitches aren’t fixed until about 2 years after content release. Ridiculous
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am necroing this thread cause not fixed yet.
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Still a huge issue. I just posted a thread about this and didn't realize it there was one already open.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely still an issue. Super, super frustrating.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Am wondering if any possible news about this? Fix? Update? Anything that indicates that this is on the dev radar would be a relief to know.

PC-NA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combat team , when u fix it?
    FV final boss must blue screen u know?
  • ChickenCrack
    ChickenCrack
    ✭✭
    its not a bug, it is a feature.
    Same thing happened when doing VAS HM at 3%. Good thing is crown store is fixed!
    PS4 - NA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new info i suppose
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wwill say, this bug is intermittent. We did eventually get the trifecta. It took many, many tries to FINALLY get the perfect run where none of the four of us disconnected. But among our friends going for the same trifecta, others experienced the same bug. often just going for the pledge and on non hm. so i will say i do not think this is fixed. its just pure rng if you get the bug or not.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same happens with Rakkhat in Maw of Lorkhaj. Screen freezes and about half group gets disconnected randomly.
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Happens whether normal or vet. Across platforms.
    Surely this has enough visibility to get on the to-do list by now? Still hoping for news/update ...

PC-NA
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Extract from today's patch Update25 v5.3.4 ...

Dungeons
    Frostvault
    Stonekeeper
    Disintegration Failsafe now correctly ignites the Whirring Blade Traps after interacting with the Veracity Verifier, and Disintegration Failsafe no longer ignites the Whirring Blade Traps during Veteran mode.
    Break Free no longer removes the stun associated with the Targeted Salvo ability.

Nice to see something fixed for Frostvault, thank you. But anything to do with the disconnects & crashing?

Edited by Mycelius on February 24, 2020 2:40PM