The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Southern Elsweyr main storyline problem

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
I came to Southern Elsweyr to meet up with Sai Sahan for the next chapter in our mission to wipe out the Dragons. We went to the island to kill a dragon. My next mission sent me and Caska to Moon Rising Fortress. To infiltrate and see what we could find out about their intentions. I did the cube maze and then we destroyed some crystals and had to run for our lives, as we were being chased by dragons. This is where my problem started, as apparently I was supposed to to pause mid flight and discuss the situation with Caska. But I didn't realise this at that time, all I was thinking about was getting far away. When eventually I was in the clear I realised (by looking at my map) that Caska was still there, waiting for me to talk to her. But now it was too late for my return. I tried several ways but all to no avail.

So, all I could think of doing now was (as I saw it) abandon this last section of the mission, then meet with Sai Sahan at the way shrine in Southern Elsweyr and re-take that section of the mission. Sadly , it would seem this was a big mistake. Because, Sai Sahan is no longer at the way shrine in Southern Elsweyr. So it would seem that I am stuffed. Unless of course you can tell me what I have to do to to continue this mission?.
High Elf, NecroVamp
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember one week on the test server having to abandon a portion of this quest and finding that it sent me much farther back in the quest than I anticipated. Basically, I had to start back at the very start of the mission rather than the start of the last section of it. So it may be that you need to go somewhere else to begin again. Try opening your map window and clicking where it says to Continue Zone Story. Hopefully, that will point you to wherever you can pick it back up.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Aisleyne

Thanks for responding so fast, even if your response isn't what I was hoping for. But possibly closer to what I was suspecting. Still, until I check the Continue Zone Story button I can live in hope that the restart is more recent than starting again from the top.

I'm seeing this as a programme glitch. So if there are any ESO programmers reading this, why can't you make it so that if you miss talking to someone in a mission you can just restart from there?
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi (again) Aisleyne and anyone else this may concern,

I'm sure you will all be interested to hear what happened when I clicked on the Continue Zone Story button. Well, I breathed a sigh of relief when I learned my fate. I was sent back to the beginning of that last quest 'Moon Rising Fortress', as I hoped I would be. This time though I finished that section in a quarter of the time that it took me the first time, because I now knew exactly what I had to do. So, all's well that ends well.

High Elf, NecroVamp
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ideally those situations should have a screen popup similar to "Entering Group Area" in Craglorn. Instead, it would say "Leaving Quest Area" or something... I haven't ever been gated off of a quest because of my minimap but I walked on to continue without noticing I needed to talk (i.e. filled in white quest icon). I could sure see it happening more on console.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi MinuitPro

Although I haven't said I am actually playing via the PS4 and have been since I was invited to the trial on the test server. I have to admit though this is the first time this has happened to me throughout those years. But in the case of this story line I was teamed up with Caska, who said we'll smash the Crystals, then turn and run for it.

And because we were being pursued by a dragon, that would take more than just two of us to defeat. we ran down the mountain, through valley's and caves, killing everything that got in our way. Not pausing to take a breath or admire the view. I was lost in the moment.

That is the way it was written and surely that is what they intended us to do. Any talking that needed to be done should have come afterwards, when we were eventually in the clear. Unless it was easy just to pop back to where Caska or whoever was still waiting. But in this case although I tried different ways, there was no way back!. Bad writing.
    High Elf, NecroVamp