The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr Wall, Short Masonry lighting issues

WIZZARD2K
WIZZARD2K
✭✭✭
I noticed some interesting lighting conditions on some of my wall segments... they're otherwise seamless (after much, much work!)...
xYtv6c0.png

and
ymTETM3.png
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing this! I'm constructing a temple in Moon Sugar Meadow, will avoid this element now.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on December 15, 2019 11:10AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes, when I'm layering objects like this that have problematic mapping, I've found that flipping one of them around so that it's mirrored lessens the effect. Try it and see if it helps.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, when I'm layering objects like this that have problematic mapping, I've found that flipping one of them around so that it's mirrored lessens the effect. Try it and see if it helps.

Yeah, that was my thought. Though if I flip them, the inside might get some funky shading!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »

Yeah, that was my thought. Though if I flip them, the inside might get some funky shading!

Always a possibility! :#
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    So far so good on the shading.. inside it just looks like there's a faded corner... outside, the seams don't quite match as well as the other side (pattern-wise) but nothing some vines can't handle!