The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Repeat request: Can we please fix the CC break delay?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This is like the 5th time I'm writing this here.

It should not take 2 or 3 seconds to break a CC and it should also not take pressing the button 5-10 times before you can actually control your character again. I'm tired of dying in situations that I would've had perfect control of, just because the game doesn't let me react as quick as I physically can.

Sigh and to think I even have average latency of 75ms. Feels more like 1000ms.
Edited by Nyladreas on December 14, 2019 6:35PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

Yeah, apparently you're right.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 14, 2019 6:56PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    This is like the 5th time I'm writing this here.

It should not take 2 or 3 seconds to break a CC and it should also not take pressing the button 5-10 times before you can actually control your character again. I'm tired of dying in situations that I would've had perfect control of, just because the game doesn't let me react as quick as I physically can.

Sigh and to think I even have average latency of 75ms. Feels more like 1000ms.

Yeah, probably one of the most bewildering thing there is in this game. Being stunned and staying that way for 3 seconds with full health, mag and stam and just watching your toon getting beat on is completely out of this world.

Didn't know there was a 3 seconds GCD on break free either. That and desyncs.
  • thedoc1381b14_ESO
    I have had this problem too. It's very frustrating to say the least.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the issue is the GCD. It used to be that getting hit with CC would instantly reset your GCD and you could break free and immediately perform an action.

Whatever the change was, it appears to be a deliberate one. Now it seems break free is on the same GCD as all skills, which means that if you get stunned right after you use something on the GCD, you're a sitting duck for at least one whole second.

It also appears that they made block/roll not work until after the break free GCD ends, which means that you are somewhat vulnerable for a second after break free. I suspect this is part of why Dk is such a popular class at the moment, because Leap > Lash/Executioner is very deadly under the current conditions.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah full bar of stam and you just stand there.
    I actually think its game breaking and getting tired of playin horse sim because of it. Especially when you get hate tells saying you suck afterwards.
    It's like yeah no *** bf doesnt work why did I break free 3 times and I'm still cc'd....smh
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I feel like the issue is the GCD. It used to be that getting hit with CC would instantly reset your GCD and you could break free and immediately perform an action.

Whatever the change was, it appears to be a deliberate one. Now it seems break free is on the same GCD as all skills, which means that if you get stunned right after you use something on the GCD, you're a sitting duck for at least one whole second.

It also appears that they made block/roll not work until after the break free GCD ends, which means that you are somewhat vulnerable for a second after break free. I suspect this is part of why Dk is such a popular class at the moment, because Leap > Lash/Executioner is very deadly under the current conditions.

If you use a gcd add on you will see that this is indeed the case.Strangely enough it also seems to be the same for potions ,which is even more bewildering.I thought we already had a 45 second cool down.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on December 14, 2019 9:08PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes this worse is I often see players break free the very instant they get hit with a CC.
    And I play on PS4 where you MUST hit two buttons to break..(L1+R1) with no way to key bind.

There is a way to change button layouts by changing the button functions in the playstation menu, (not the in game menu) but you cannot change the function of two button presses into one.

And yet still, there are players who can break free almost instantly. It's infuriating.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    What makes this worse is I often see players break free the very instant they get hit with a CC.
    And I play on PS4 where you MUST hit two buttons to break..(L1+R1) with no way to key bind.

There is a way to change button layouts by changing the button functions in the playstation menu, (not the in game menu) but you cannot change the function of two button presses into one.

And yet still, there are players who can break free almost instantly. It's infuriating.

Sometimes it's a nice clean break. More often it's delayed. But hey sometimes I break free instantly 5 or 6 times in a row for the same stun.