The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

It amazes me that no one can give me a straight answer about The New Life Festival.

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I'm sure a lot of you have attended the New Life Festival many times before. And yes I have searched, Googled, etc.. and I can find a few things on it. But not much?

I know it begins on December 13th and goes to January 2nd. I also know the events and how to start the New Life Festival.

I know the Frostcaster style will be available in the store during some time the event? But I still don't have a price yet? Now in previous years, it was around 2,000 crowns. I know that ESO Plus members will be getting a discount. Considering the event starts tomorrow you would think there would be more info on the forums.

Also, I hope I will be able to obtain the mudball memento. I know about the snowball one already. Does it freeze players?

Edited by SocialAssassin on December 13, 2019 12:22AM
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Life starts on December 19. Not tomorrow.

Frostcaster for ESO+ members will probably be 1800 crowns.
    signing off
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2019-2020 New Life Festival starts December 19th and runs until January 2nd.
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/slaydragonssavecats

You've got a little longer to wait until the official announcement comes out.

(You looked at the 2018 start date. Easy mistake to make.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 12, 2019 11:50PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may not add it this year reason no information is up on it
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure a lot of you have attended the New Life Festival many times before. And yes I have searched, Googled etc.. and I can find a few things on it. But not much?

I know it begins on December 13th and goes to January 2nd. I also know the events and how to start the New Life Festival.

I know the Frostcaster style will be available in the store during some time the event? But I still don't have a price yet? Now in previous years, it was around 2,000 crowns. I know that ESO Plus members will be getting a discount. Considering the event starts tomorrow you would think there would be more info on the forums.

I'm pretty sure that the NLF starts on the 19th, not the 13th. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57037

I remember buying the Frostcaster style a few years ago but I don't think it is offered every year, although I could be wrong. Sorry, but I don't remember the price.
    Edited by Ardaghion on December 12, 2019 11:54PM
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @SocialAssassin well, I guess we will find out tomorrow. :D Just about 12 hours now and we will find out. Not too long of a wait.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
    Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
    All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    The 2019-2020 New Life Festival starts December 19th and runs until January 2nd.
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/slaydragonssavecats

You've got a little longer to wait until the official announcement comes out.

(You looked at the 2018 start date. Easy mistake to make.)

Okay, Thanks.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of you have attended the New Life Festival many times before. And yes I have searched, Googled etc.. and I can find a few things on it. But not much?

I'm pretty sure that the NLF starts on the 19th, not the 13th. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57037

I remember buying the Frostcaster style a few years ago but I don't think it is offered every year, although I could be wrong. Sorry, but I don't remember the price.

Thanks, none the less.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Xzysts wrote: »
    @SocialAssassin well, I guess we will find out tomorrow. :D Just about 12 hours now and we will find out. Not too long of a wait.

Really considering it's not starting until the 19th of December. I'll bet we won't hear anything until next week :D
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is offered every year since the New Life Festival was introduced to the game. Price is 2k Crowns, tho I remember it having not as many Mimic Stones as Grim Harlequin
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can only tell you what the motif cost in previous years. Zos has brought items back at a lower price before.

Tryxus is correct about it having less stones than the GH motif.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tryxus is correct about it having less stones than the GH motif.

lA0ux2F.gif

• SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

It is offered every year since the New Life Festival was introduced to the game. Price is 2k Crowns, tho I remember it having not as many Mimic Stones as Grim Harlequin

I am not worried about how many Mimic Stones, I'll be using it as an outfit.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only Santa knows the truth!!!!

or krampus....(probs krampus)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure a lot of you have attended the New Life Festival many times before. And yes I have searched, Googled, etc.. and I can find a few things on it. But not much?

Also, I hope I will be able to obtain the mudball memento. I know about the snowball one already. Does it freeze players?

I've only thrown the snowball at one player and he looked like he was frozen. I'm not sure if he was actually frozen but he looked icey.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I've only thrown the snowball at one player and he looked like he was frozen. I'm not sure if he was actually frozen but he looked icey.

Cool! Thanks :)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SocialAssassin , if you are unfamiliar with the event, the UESP site has some good information here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:New_Life_Festival#New_Life_Festival_2018. Basically,
    • New Life Quest giver just north of Kyne's Grove wayshrine in Eastmarch, with nine daily repeatable quests (one for each race excluding Imperials)
    • Special "New Life Daily Reward" boxes for each daily completed; you can do these on multiple characters. These may include:
      • Skinchanger motif pages and/or the style material
      • special recipes (not that great)
      • food and other ingredients
      • furnishings
      • Mudball memento (tradeable container)
      • Colovian and similar hat collectibles (tradeable container)
      • New Life Charity Writs (maybe, 2018), which let you get the Crystalfrost skin if you complete 12 of these basic crafting writs
      • A new "Deep Winter Charity Writ", which can be used to get the "Skaal Explorer" style (new in 2019)
    • Double xp for two hours after drinking Breda's brew (memento or use the keg at the questgiver location)
    • Two event tickets for the first New Life Daily event completed each day
    • Pure Snow Berries (and the Pure Snow indrik pet) at the event ticket merchant

Then, as per ZoS's update on the Undaunted event here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6498905/#Comment_6498905, you can earn an extra 3 tickets each day during New Life, for killing certain boss types (delve, worldboss, last boss of a dungeon or trial) (from first of these boss types killed each day).

So, I recommend a fast mount for doing the dailies as fast as possible. You only need to do ONE daily (and kill one delve boss) to get the event tickets each day, but if you want to get the new skin, you'll want to do as many dailies as possible on several characters, OR simply buy the new writs from other players.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 13, 2019 3:48AM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    @SocialAssassin , if you are unfamiliar with the event, the UESP site has some good information here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:New_Life_Festival#New_Life_Festival_2018. Basically,
    • New Life Quest giver just north of Kyne's Grove wayshrine in Eastmarch, with nine daily repeatable quests (one for each race excluding Imperials)
    • Special "New Life Daily Reward" boxes for each daily completed; you can do these on multiple characters. These may include:
      • furnishings
      • New Life Charity Writs (maybe, 2018), which let you get the Crystalfrost skin if you complete 12 of these basic crafting writs
      • A new "Deep Winter Charity Writ", which can be used to get the "Skaal Explorer" style (new in 2019)
    • Double xp for two hours after drinking Breda's brew (memento or use the keg at the questgiver location)

Then, as per ZoS's update on the Undaunted event here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6498905/#Comment_6498905, you can earn an extra 3 tickets each day during New Life, for killing certain boss types (delve, worldboss, last boss of a dungeon or trial) (from first of these boss types killed each day).

So, I recommend a fast mount for doing the dailies as fast as possible. You only need to do ONE daily (and kill one delve boss) to get the event tickets each day, but if you want to get the new skin, you'll want to do as many dailies as possible on several characters, OR simply buy the new writs from other players.

Okay, why do I need a fast mount?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SocialAssassin , if you are unfamiliar with the event, the UESP site has some good information here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:New_Life_Festival#New_Life_Festival_2018. Basically,
      • furnishings

You don't need a fast mount unless you want to do it as fast as possible to cut down on travel times to and from wayshrines/Nordic polar bear plunge spots.

Its nice to have a character who can sprint for the Alik'r Bergama race, but even that's not strictly necessary.

About the only thing you need is lockpicks for the Rawlkha lockpicking quest.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SocialAssassin , if you are unfamiliar with the event, the UESP site has some good information here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:New_Life_Festival#New_Life_Festival_2018. Basically,
      • furnishings

You don't need a fast mount unless you want to do it as fast as possible to cut down on travel times to and from wayshrines/Nordic polar bear plunge spots.

Its nice to have a character who can sprint for the Alik'r Bergama race, but even that's not strictly necessary.

OP will need bait for shadowfen fishing as well. I think any bait works there including basic.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
      • furnishings

OP will need bait for shadowfen fishing as well. I think any bait works there including basic.

If I remember correctly there's an NPC nearby who sells bait, but they might not be easy to spot when it's busy. You can also buy the fish from other players, but prices might be excessive early on.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      • furnishings

Right, forgot about that.

I tend to fish all the fish I'm gonna need the first day so I never have to do it again. :smiley:
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
      • furnishings

You will Want a fast mount because there are 9 dailies. A fast mount allows you to knock them out quickly and have other characters do the dailies as well. The more characters you have doing the dailies, the faster you collect the RNG charity writs, so you can get the free skin after you DO 12 writs on one character.

Edited by barney2525 on December 17, 2019 3:03PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
      • furnishings

I tend to fish all the fish I'm gonna need the first day so I never have to do it again. :smiley:
      • furnishings

Agreed

First day I stay and catch 5 of each type of fish, to complete That achievement, and the excess fish make doing the quest on following days really quick

Any bait does work, you just get the occasional junk result, but all 3 types of fish Can be caught on any bait.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Mudball Pouch will be available again. If you don't get it by the end of the festival, they sell for super cheap at guild traders.

Also, if you kept your fish from last year, you can just hand them in until you run out, unless you want to get the achievement on a new character.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The event article is up on the home page.

And, you will need to do TWO New Life quests each day to get your two tickets, as the first two quests you complete will give you one ticket each.