The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Voice Actors for Player Characters

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
Even though I think that ESO has an extremely impressive voice cast. Top-notch btw. But at the same time, I feel the voices they use for our player characters for a better word lacking.

I have characters voiced by Tara Strong before and she sounds great. But the ones for the Female Nord are lacking.
I don't know why they simply can't use some of the main voice cast. And before anyone is like "they have to pay them" I know that. Any of them would be better than the generic voices they already use. Or get someones from the Skyrim Game. Or someone that can do a Swedish Voice. I can't think of any one of the top of my head. Just anyone better than they have now. I know they all can't be Tara Strong. But please ESO get some better people.

“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of some screams and yells I do not recall our characters being voiced. Where are you hearing our character's dialogue voiced?
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Outside of some screams and yells I do not recall our characters being voiced. Where are you hearing our character's dialogue voiced?

That's what I meant basically :p
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Never have paid much attention to them as they are so limited. Problem with Zos changing them this late in the game is some people may have chosen a "voice" they like for each character and may not like what replaces it. ofc I would not care either way since it is so limiting as it is.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I laugh out loud at the awful pain sounds my character makes when she barely scratches herself falling.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I laugh out loud at the awful pain sounds my character makes when she barely scratches herself falling.

Tender feet. Maybe more supportive footwear would help.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooh-ACH OOOOOOLHHH!!!!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Voiced player characters are the worst for rpg. Fallout 4 is a proof of that.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Oooh-ACH OOOOOOLHHH!!!!

Is that a dragon shout?
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SWTOR did well with voice acted characters. ESO really did not voice act their characters though. OP is talking about the screams.
    Edited by idk on December 12, 2019 9:45AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather the Vestige <Remains Silent>, and there is just some text showing what the NPC is going to hear. It fits my headcanon perfectly.
    PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather the Vestige <Remains Silent>, and there is just some text showing what the NPC is going to hear. It fits my headcanon perfectly.

I agree. Zos made a creative decision to not voice our characters dialogue. I appreciate voiced MMORPGs but I have not really missed that my character is not voiced as I am it's voice.

However, I think OP is really just referring to the screams our character makes as they refer to our characters voices and that is the extent of their voice.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hear my characters voice on my computer instead of on my brother-in-laws computer when in a battleground.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hear your team mates voice lines during Battlegrounds. Technically, it's the player voice.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of them are just annoying.
    Especially that one male voice "roaaaaar" ing
    Sounds like coming from a furry giant
    Yuck
  • DelosTheta
    DelosTheta
    ✭✭✭
    I remember in Pillars of Eternity every spellcaster would yell out the same three words, with tons of reverb, to cast a spell. Reminded me of mekka lekka hi mekka hiney *** from the Pee Wee’s playhouse genie. I’m totally glad that’s not part of ESO, and it’s actually fun to yell like a Thundercat when I “break free”.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like voices which we had to select from. Especially argonians :D

I had 9 toons of 7 races and every of them has fitting unique sounds. I'm not sure if other games provide such variety.. and I certainly don't want to hear same sentences over and over for 1k+ hours
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    DelosTheta wrote: »
    I remember in Pillars of Eternity every spellcaster would yell out the same three words, with tons of reverb, to cast a spell. Reminded me of mekka lekka hi mekka hiney *** from the Pee Wee’s playhouse genie. I’m totally glad that’s not part of ESO, and it’s actually fun to yell like a Thundercat when I “break free”.
    Dig up Lunar: The Silver Star and play it some time. It's a great RPG, but the voiced combat...whyyyy....
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hear your team mates voice lines during Battlegrounds. Technically, it's the player voice.

Yea, not really. I do not miss built in Voip with the drab and tedious chat randoms drum up.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, not really. I do not miss built in Voip with the drab and tedious chat randoms drum up.

No they mean your teammate avatars will audibly yell stuff out when certain events take place.

“Haa outstanding. We’ve captured the point” Female High Elf on capturing objective

“We’ve brought shame to the three”
    Male Dark Elf commenting on another team close to winning

Granted it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the voice you have selected, it’s based solely on race and sex.

A compiled list of all these sayings would be interesting but I haven’t come across it.
    Edited by wild_kmacdb16_ESO on December 12, 2019 3:35PM
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gordon Freeman is iconic and has never spoken a word.
    I'm fine with nothing more than yells/shouts/cheers.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the 5.5 years of playing this game, I have not once though about it until reading this post.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they mean your teammate avatars will audibly yell stuff out when certain events take place.

“Haa outstanding. We’ve captured the point” Female High Elf on capturing objective

“We’ve brought shame to the three”
    Male Dark Elf commenting on another team close to winning

Granted it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the voice you have selected, it’s based solely on race and sex.

A compiled list of all these sayings would be interesting but I haven’t come across it.

yea and I think that I just generic voicing that is just part of the BG.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread might interest you. It lists which voice actors provide which character voices.
  • FlowOne
    FlowOne
    ✭✭✭

What? Can u say the same thing about Mass Effect trilogy?
    Edited by FlowOne on December 13, 2019 1:52AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlowOne wrote: »

Mass Effect voicing is absolutely legendary... but Shepard is premade character and tbh femshep is voiced MUCH better. Now imagine 9*10 variants of Shepard voicing...
  • FlowOne
    FlowOne
    ✭✭✭
    FlowOne wrote: »

Mass Effect voicing is absolutely legendary... but Shepard is premade character and tbh femshep is voiced MUCH better. Now imagine 9*10 variants of Shepard voicing...

We don’t need 9*10 variants
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they're lacking tbh. I'm fine with them only saying small sounds and not full dialogue. I also quite like the Female Nord voice I use on my main (think it's voice E) it's kinda deep which I like as a female who sometimes gets mistaken for a male on voice chats