The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Discussion] New Life Event...Undaunted Event...Mid Year Mayhem?

MrTtheDK
MrTtheDK
✭✭✭
With the good news of the fixes being implemented into the grouping tool and the rescheduling of the undaunted event; Has anyone heard word on Midyear? I think the last one was a year ago around the beginning of the year. PVPers would greatly appreciate being included into global events. While they can do the PVE events, it's not normally the reason they play the game. Midyear is really a treat for them. It is an event that is greatly missed.
Main:
DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
Game: @TalosSeptim
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No official word. No unofficial either, just speculations.

If I were to add to those, the speculations that is, maybe they'll hold the Undaunted as a trial of the Activity Finder once they believe its been fixed sufficiently. Then Midyear after that, if the servers don't burn down that is.
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Midyear is a treat for me, too, and I wouldn't even consider myself a serious PvPer. It's one of my favorite events and one of the only times where there is incentive enough for me to accumulate a lot of AP in tandem with all of the other event rewards.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that if the Undaunted Event is held early next year, as they've indicated in their post today, then MYM would happen at its usual time in June/July (can't remember the exact month).

We already have skipped anniversaries for a number of DLC this year that I'm assuming they'll want to fit in next year - Murkmire, CWC, Summerset. At least I hope they will.

Hopefully, we WON'T get the TG/DB event next year, since we had it twice this year.

ETA: It's also worth mentioning that we did have MYM this year in the first quarter.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 11, 2019 4:48PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is so funked up right now and people want another event held there. Midyear needs to come back in July like it was originally scheduled. This will be after most of the fixes from their "plan" are complete. I'd hate to see another event get cancelled, we don't even know if these new fixes are going to help.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that the "Midyear" Mayhem event was in Q1 last year because ZoS needed enough ticket events for berries/feathers etc and didn't have anything else ready at the time; it was in July in 2017, as a proper "midyear" event. Since we've just been advised that the Undaunted event will happen in Q1 2020, I suspect that ZoS won't shoehorn the Midyear PvP event in early again, but it will instead happen in July or August 2020. That's just an educated guess on my part though.