The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ruins of mazzatun too hard, along with a lot of the veteran dungeons

• markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    No, of course they’re not impossible but they some of them are very hard to complete, this being the hardest I’ve came across so far.

It’s not that I want all the rewards easily, I’d happily do a redicuously long quest line to get something, but when something is just within your grasp but you can’t figure out how you’re going to do the dungeon.

I honestly believe I am above the average player, maybe not on the forums but if you take into account average players on Xbox and PS4, they’re gonna have a hard time completing some of the veteran dungeons.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... presuming you're "above average". (Your group was decidedly "average" or even "below average", given what you've said).

So let's just say that your group as a whole was "average"

I have to ask... what is the problem that an "average" group (as a composite of the 4 in your group, where you're the strongest player there) can't complete the VETERAN version of a dungeon? Combined the veteran and veteran HMs of dungeons and trials comprise maybe 5% of the content in the game... maybe.

Why should a game bring the ceiling down on the game so far that "average" is adequate to complete nearly everything in the game?

There needs to be content that is challenging to other players, challenging to those that have the ability, the time, the skill to do that content. It obviously can be done, it has been done by a lot of people.
    Edited by tmbrinks on December 11, 2019 11:02PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can’t complete pls nerf
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one has yet to explain how you avoid dying on the last boss when she hits 30% hip and the floor spins in a hexagon like shape.

Do you just have to stand in the spot that’s not red (ridiculously small and moves fast.

Say learn to play all you want but I doubt most people find it enjoyable never mind possible.

But hey, whatever separates you from the rest with your pvp gear; because obviously your experience weren’t enough.

I did. After the mod edits its right above your comment.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Try bringing a person who has the skin or just knows the mechanics well from your guild or friend list. With verbal communication and patient, expert leadership it should go pretty easy.

Last boss tips not mentioned:

Healer should call out if they have statues in order to let the group know to heal themselves or brace for it.

Closest player to the amberplasm pool she throws out should get it most cases, be sure two DDs aren't both going for same pool by communicating.

If the dps is good enough, kill the first totem and save ultimate for the next totem. Alternate dropping ultimates on the totems after that, as they drain resources its best to kill them ASAP. Amid the chaos, you may miss another totem at the very end. Save the ultimate for the last totem during the "beachball floor" phase, if you use ulti on her and the totem comes out before she dies, you may wipe. Timing the totems ulti dump right can help make up for lack of damage/sustain to take them out.

Good Luck!

No one has yet to explain how you avoid dying on the last boss when she hits 30% hip and the floor spins in a hexagon like shape.

Do you just have to stand in the spot that’s not red (ridiculously small and moves fast.

Say learn to play all you want but I doubt most people find it enjoyable never mind possible.

But hey, whatever separates you from the rest with your pvp gear; because obviously your experience weren’t enough.

This doesn’t explain the last 30% where the whole floor goes red apart from tiny gaps that spin fast, I can’t see you having to dodge the red while doing DPS.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn’t explain the last 30% where the whole floor goes red apart from tiny gaps that spin fast, I can’t see you having to dodge the red while doing DPS.

There is no magic trick. You stand in one place. Trust your healer. And dish out damage.

If your damage and heals are not in full potato mode and you've done everything (meaning no totem draining people and no active statues) you will just kill the boss. This mechanic can be outhealed. You don't need to do anything special.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try bringing a person who has the skin or just knows the mechanics well from your guild or friend list. With verbal communication and patient, expert leadership it should go pretty easy.

Last boss tips not mentioned:

Healer should call out if they have statues in order to let the group know to heal themselves or brace for it.

Closest player to the amberplasm pool she throws out should get it most cases, be sure two DDs aren't both going for same pool by communicating.

If the dps is good enough, kill the first totem and save ultimate for the next totem. Alternate dropping ultimates on the totems after that, as they drain resources its best to kill them ASAP. Amid the chaos, you may miss another totem at the very end. Save the ultimate for the last totem during the "beachball floor" phase, if you use ulti on her and the totem comes out before she dies, you may wipe. Timing the totems ulti dump right can help make up for lack of damage/sustain to take them out.

Good Luck!

Ok, I called it the "beachball floor" and thought you would get the meaning. You are most likely focusing her and surviving instead of dps the last totem. That's the real killer at execute, more than floor damage.
    Are you using voice communication? You're at a disadvantage not having that, especially for callouts in this fight.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The average player in this game barely does normal dungeons and has a hard time killing overland trash mobs. Being "above average" says nothing about your ability. For DDs there's a pretty objective criteria: can or can't do veteran Maelstrom arena. IMO if you can complete that pretty easily it means you know your build, have a decent rotation, can react fast to mechanics so you can do most veteran group content without being a hindrance to your group. And you also get some pretty good weapons from there to boot. I always put my new characters trough their paces there before I bring them to any sort of veteran group content.
    Edited by Asardes on December 12, 2019 10:52AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

I'm on EU PC. But it seems like it requires immense amount of healing (including healing the DD's) on this 1, I currently am running 'Ruins of Mazzatun', and the other DPS and healer aren't very good (320 cp both of them), but the tank is excellent (810 cp, holds aggro and can keep himself alive and res while only 1 alive).

But we keep failing on the 1st boss, mighty chudan; we have just killed him, but I think we're gonna be stuck on the last boss.

The mages lightning bolts kept destroying us, how is that avoided on might chudan?

As others have posted the dungeon is very doable. Especially now. It has been nerfed into the ground compared to what it once was.

The only challenge (to me) is the final boss in Hard Mode. In H.M. you don't get the "reveal" synergy which means really good teamwork and a good understanding of the mechanics.

If you can, I highly suggest getting three friends together and form a "Achievement" group to get these dungeons completed. The satisfaction from doing so is very rewarding.

I have run Vet Maz more times than I can remember in Tank, DPS and Healer roles. One thing I can say as a DPS or Healer is besides good gear and skills used for the final boss fight you really need to keep your physical and spell resistance values high as possible.

My DPS and Healers have no less than 20K physical/Spell resistances. My main Healer is almost 30K. Running high resistance values helps immensely to survive fights such as the final boss fight in Maz. I also do not use a shield on my DPS or Healers. I know, others do but I don't with one exception: Final boss fight in Vet ICP I run a shield in case I get the machine gun on me. I see your CP is not maxed out but if possible you may want to allot some CP for physical and spell resistances.

As a Necro you should definitely be using Bone Armor (not sure which morph is best for Magicka) because it adds 5280 physical and spell resistance and lowers the cost of some abilities (15% I think...been a while since I played). You can run Iceheart Monster set if more protection is needed and keep one Heal on one of your bars.

OH, Chudan. One of the group members gets a "target" circle on their feet. That player runs to the Sorc shield and stands either in front of it or behind it (if you have time) and places themselves directly in line with Chudan. Chudan charges that player and goes underground and destroys the Sorc.

Sometimes it isn't high DPS that gets the job done but surviving long enough to deal out the damage.

Anyway, don't fret, you will get it done and soon you will be breezing through the vet DLC dungeons with relative ease.

If I were on PC EU I would help you. Alas, I'm PC NA.

Wait till you run Frostvault. :)
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't you think it's annoying that Zenimax thinks that harder dungeons are more fun? Literally, all they've done is make dungeons harder and harder each DLC, but why? All it is doing is filtering out players at end-game based on skill.

Of course they do and I hope that will never change.
    What other capability than "skill" would you prefer to be needed to complete a so called "hard" dungeon?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, I suggest finding some regular players to run with and use voice comms. Between the two a group can overcome much and there is one mechanic on the final boss that communication can help. There are probably guides that are available on the internet.

As MMORPGs mature so does the group content with more interesting mechanics. Mechanics can sometimes trip players up but most players who are wiling to put the effort into it can overcome the challenge. That is part of the fun an MMORPG brings. This is similar with trials. The early trials are fairly straight forward with later trials introducing mechanics requiring coordination, planning and good area awareness. It keeps us on our toes.

Good luck.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milchbart wrote: »

Don't you think it's annoying that Zenimax thinks that harder dungeons are more fun? Literally, all they've done is make dungeons harder and harder each DLC, but why? All it is doing is filtering out players at end-game based on skill.

What other capability than "skill" would you prefer to be needed to complete a so called "hard" dungeon?

Tbh. The only reason I can think of when it comes to more & more difficult dungeon DLC is... P2W gear (power creep behind a pay-wall).

I mean think of it. By making dungeons super-hard ZOS is conveniently covering the fact that new gear that drops in DLC dungeons is significantly more & more powerful than previous base game content & older DLCs.

So it works like this and people tend to think: "I have completed hard dungeon, it is my skill that allowed me to get this very powerfull set".

No, you bought the DLC 1St, as it is the only way one can get dungeon DLC 5pcs sets. You can not get them from gold vendor / undaunted vendor or trade with other player. It is locked behind pay-wall. And Skill involved into getting this gear is there to "mask" its P-2-W-ness.

Otherwise, If ZOS would want to make way more money, they would simply make those dungeons easy-peasy so every one could do those & therefore more people would buy those.

Edit: In short, this is how companies sells P2W (advantage), but at the same time they cover it up by making it also require some time investment & effort (grinding gear). As a result players don't say it is P2W because the invested themself & their time and this kind of P2W becomes more socially acceptable.

(which is something we as players should never accept & be fooled into thinking, as it is not healthy for the game, but hey that is only my opinion)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 12, 2019 1:17PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh. The only reason I can think of when it comes to more & more difficult dungeon DLC is... P2W gear (power creep behind a pay-wall).

I mean think of it. By making dungeons super-hard ZOS is conveniently covering the fact that new gear that drops in DLC dungeons is significantly more & more powerful than previous base game content & older DLCs.

So it works like this and people tend to think: "I have completed hard dungeon, it is my skill that allowed me to get this very powerfull set".

No, you bought the DLC 1St, as it is the only way one can get dungeon DLC 5pcs sets. You can not get them from gold vendor / undaunted vendor or trade with other player. It is locked behind pay-wall. And Skill involved into getting this gear is there to "mask" its P-2-W-ness.

Otherwise, If ZOS would want to make way more money, they would simply make those dungeons easy-peasy so every one could do those & therefore more people would buy those.

Edit: In short, this is how companies sells P2W (advantage), but at the same time they cover it up by making it also require some time investment & effort (grinding gear). As a result players don't say it is P2W because the invested themself & their time and this kind of P2W becomes more socially acceptable.

(which is something we as players should never accept & be fooled into thinking, as it is not healthy for the game, but hey that is only my opinion)

are you literally going to bring this P2W rhetoric into every single thread and post that you make? This is off-topic for this conversation (and many other places you've posted in threads). It's frankly bothersome. I get you're annoyed at things, I agree you should have a voice on it, but every. single. thread. doesn't need to be turned into a P2W argument.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In this logic the game is P2W simply because it's not F2P.
    - Having chapters or DLCs you have to pay upfront and they have a trial, dungeon or arena where you can get certain gear that improves your DPS or whatever is not P2W in any case. Under this definition Orsinium is P2W because Maelstrom weapons add 3-5K DPS you wouldn't otherwise be able to get, but the fact is that you still have to finish the arena on veteran to get them.
    - P2W would be something like Perfected Maelstrom Weapons that are considerably better than the ones you can get in the arena, which are available only in Crown Crates and can't be otherwise obtained in game. Same with foods, drink, potions that give better stats, that wouldn't be obtainable in game otherwise. There are plenty of games that follow this type of monetization model, but I don't think that ZOS is so dumb to adopt it since they would probably lose most of the player base instantly if they did it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ROM is probably one of the easiest DCL dungeons now thanks to all the nerfs, as has already been mentioned the totem at the last boss is the priority
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ROM is probably one of the easiest DCL dungeons now thanks to all the nerfs, as has already been mentioned the totem at the last boss is the priority

Yep this. But I’m reading the OP feeling frustrated at the mechanics, why not jump on YouTube and search for a guide before going in to a dungeon?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Eso101rus seems to be more than just a mechanics issue
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

are you literally going to bring this P2W rhetoric into every single thread and post that you make? This is off-topic for this conversation (and many other places you've posted in threads). It's frankly bothersome. I get you're annoyed at things, I agree you should have a voice on it, but every. single. thread. doesn't need to be turned into a P2W argument.
    Only 2 or 3 of my posts (out of 3.4K or something like that) were about P2W. Not every single one LOL. :D:joy:
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might help: https://youtu.be/1vZU0ZcG7wc?t=2074

Totems first, ignore the streaks on the last phase and just try to avoid the big circles. if the healer does a decent job you dont have to worry much...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    this thread is an L for saying mazzatun of all things is too hard
    There’s plenty of helpful guides for noobs

(Btw rip juice wrld)
    Edited by notvenousdrake on December 12, 2019 5:20PM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    - at all times stack closely and save ultimates for the totem; it always spawns on the person farthest from the group, so if you're all stacked it will spawn close and be easy to DPS so you don't get all your resources sucked dry.
    - the tank should not chain the stone shaper until he actually starts channeling the ability, since if he does it before it will gain
    In my experience this is what kills most groups,hm or not.