Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you send holiday gifts?

Odovacar
Odovacar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For me I have my list of good buddies who I always make sure to send items to for the holidays. It usually consists of wax, gold, tempers, etc.

I love to give irl, so naturally ESO is no difference. I Do you give during the holidays? If so what do you send?
Edited by Odovacar on December 11, 2019 2:12PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one RL friend who plays ESO, so I usually end up getting her a PSN card so she can get whatever she wants from the crown store. For her birthday, I ground for pieces of the ginger kitten runebox for her.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Started doing it to my best ESO friends last year.

And I also pick a random low level around Christmas and send him/her something useful.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do! I generally participate in the gift exchange and try to give people either the things they request, or something close. Like someone wanted a house, but we can't gift them, so I sent them gold towards it (to buy in-game or the crown exchange). I love the idea of gifting other players during the holidays. We are a community after all!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    In the real world absolutely. No way in heck! When it comes to the people on this forum or people playing this game.

VDVBdAG.jpg

Edited by SocialAssassin on December 12, 2019 8:09AM
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making list of guildies who want to receive gift and sending it to them at 01.01
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gift people great deals on the traders. I'm really generous like that.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope in game and IRL

Birthdays/Xmas/New Years and any other "special" day is just a normal day to me, Haven't cared nor will I ever care anytime soon but if you want to send me 100k gold ingame name is in sig
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IRL not so much anymore. With my immediate family (sister, parents), we decided a few years ago not to give each other gifts anymore because we had fallen into the habit of just getting gift cards for each other because nobody could decide what they wanted, and my dad was insanely difficult to buy for, anyway.
    Then my dad passed away two days after Christmas (cancer), after being in the hospital for Thanksgiving and going back in on Christmas Eve and staying there until he passed. (on the same day and just a couple of hours before Carrie Fisher passed, actually.)
    That kinda killed 'the holiday spirit' for us as a family in the years since.

I had a few people I used to gift when I played Marvel Heroes, but I haven't formed any friendships of that nature here.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t send mailers but I do giveaways in December for the holidays. This year, I have been giving away Mothers Sorrow inferno staves golded up, free to the first whisper. I figure it’s better than them collecting dust in my bank.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I send all kinds of gifts to my alts usually. But It's throughout the year, not just during the holidays.