The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Important] Ignore/Block/Offline/Emotes function re-work

deleted008293
deleted008293
✭✭✭✭
Over the past few years I've spend in this game but especially more recently I come upon some problems regarding how the Ignore/Block/Offline/Emotes mode function can be abused in order to harass people directly or worse, from behind a "firewall" without beign able to answer back.

Last night I've met few peoples In zone chat whom started to harass me, calling me names, play emotes in zone chat, etc, all that from offline / ignore mode active which ofc I feel it wasn't friendly and it caused me drama with their sole presence.

Could you please look into it and implement some changes into the chat structure, server shards structure and character look/animations so:
- When a person have another on their block list, the block should work both ways so when one person talk in zone or even PM, the other party should not receive that message.
- When a person have another on their block list, and one party want to have a talk, a temporary ban pass should be given and if accepted those people could talk to eachother if needed.
- When a person whisper you from offline mode, you should be granted an offline mode pass in which you can actually answer back.
- When a person whisper you from offline mode, a warning text should tell this person that he or she is in offline mode and that your status will change automatically or given the choice to, in order to comunicate.
- People who have you on block list or people whom you have on block list are NOT placed into the same zone instance, or their character, animations, and or names are rendered invisible towards you.
- Have you considered an option to turn off emotes from beign played in general? So if someone mud ball you, and you have emotes=off, then you should NOT be affected, same in case of lute, dances, or simply having an indecent looking character.
- Also I did noticed a lot of people like to abuse the ignore/block function over just as much as playing emotes in front of them, a simple PM, etc. I would like to suggest that people whom want to ignore others, should be forced to write an essay and send it to the ZOS.
- There should be a limit at which you can block same person over and over, in general and especially in a given time. Reason for this is that a person can use the block function to harass / fight someone and then not let this person talk back.
- When you are inviting a person into your group and this person have the offline status active, the game tells you that the specific user delayed, or refused to join your grou, betraying their offline mode status. Game should tells you instead that the user was not found. This flaw tend to upset people whom value their privacy.
- When you are inviting a person into your group and this person have you on block list, the game should tells you that the user was not found and not betray their online status.

Thank you.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have someone blocked, I want them blocked. I don't want them annoying me with confirmation messages asking me to kinda not ignore them for a bit. The same goes for when I'm in offline mode.

If I want to block someone over and over, that's my choice. I don't want any limits on the number of times I can do that.

I'm getting the impression that offline and ignored mean something much different to you than they may mean to me.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should always be allowed to opt in/out for the "unblock" or "go online mode" notifications. Repeatedly blocking unblocking and switching online offline mode is abusive however.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like Ignore/Block to be improved in 2 ways.

1. Ignore/Block should go both ways. If you have someone ignored, you shouldn't be able to message them. I supposed some PVP trashtalker will get really good at quickly unblocking/reblocking people, but the OP's time limit suggestion might help.

2. Ignore/Block should work with groupfinder. I know that's a tall order for the current groupfinder team, but if I don't want to see someone's chat, I generally don't want to be grouped with them either. And if someone is toxic towards enough people, a longer wait in queue seems appropriate.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people that like to harass others like that. But, they only do it when they get a response. Don't talk to them, don't respond to them in any way, don't even put them on ignore. Those idiots have the attention span of a goldfish and the stamina of a freshman at the prom.
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extending ignore list will be enough - there are many other, real problems in this game. Spending time for creating ten types of blocking and ignoring looks strange to me, when half of the game is broken.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If such behavior was not caused by your actions, just ignore and take pity on them. If somebody harasses strangers, it means he has large problems IRL and trying to compensate for them in game.