The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Venom skull needs a buff.

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
There's no reason whatsoever to slot it over dizzy in pvp.
It either needs at least a 15% damagebuff or added utility.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason to slot any of the ranged stam spammables over dizzying swing. They're all terrible in comparission if you are a melee build. but the point is, these spammables have 28m range(exception stonefist 15m, but thats just the usual DK treatment), If these ranged spammables dealth as high damage as d.swing then there wouldn't be much reason to play with d.swing.

Its an attempt at making bow/bow builds viable however when magicka sorcs are hitting my 30k spell resist Dk for 6k crystal frags, I'm pretty sure your bow/bow necromancer or warden would have zero chance to survive against them. Magicka ranged builds are just much more natural , and much more tankier than bow/bow setups using these spammables.

Buffing these spammables will result in a scenario where you have melee builds that run ranged spammables and nobody but stamsorc/stamDk would touch dizzy or any weapon spammable again. They expect somebody to use these weapon abilities so thats not happening.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buff it making it less clunky to weave. Using Overload light attack animation is just...meh and feel horrible.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason to slot any of the ranged stam spammables over dizzying swing. They're all terrible in comparission if you are a melee build. but the point is, these spammables have 28m range(exception stonefist 15m, but thats just the usual DK treatment), If these ranged spammables dealth as high damage as d.swing then there wouldn't be much reason to play with d.swing.

Its an attempt at making bow/bow builds viable however when magicka sorcs are hitting my 30k spell resist Dk for 6k crystal frags, I'm pretty sure your bow/bow necromancer or warden would have zero chance to survive against them. Magicka ranged builds are just much more natural , and much more tankier than bow/bow setups using these spammables.

Buffing these spammables will result in a scenario where you have melee builds that run ranged spammables and nobody but stamsorc/stamDk would touch dizzy or any weapon spammable again. They expect somebody to use these weapon abilities so thats not happening.

They ahould buff it to cutting dive lvl which they made pretty decent and lots of stamdens seems to prefer it over dizzy in this update.
    Venom skull is by far the worst of the three ranged class stam spammables.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on December 10, 2019 8:44AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They made cutting dive pretty decent and lots of stamdens seems to prefer it over dizzy in this update.

Cutting dive's bleed is the strong part about it rather than the spammable, but even so majority of stamdens stick to dizzying swing.

I'm not opposite to the idea of buffing venom skull or stonefist, however their power should be relative to their range.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They ahould buff it to cutting dive lvl which they made pretty decent and lots of stamdens seems to prefer it over dizzy in this update.

Uh, no DK has the worse spammable at 15 meters vs. 28 on the other ranged spammables. For the life of me I don't know why people think this is acceptable. When we can get hit from 28 meters with no speed buff except chains which pulls us to the target so why do I need a speed bump then, lol.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Uh, no DK has the worse spammable at 15 meters vs. 28 on the other ranged spammables. For the life of me I don't know why people think this is acceptable. When we can get hit from 28 meters with no speed buff except chains which pulls us to the target so why do I need a speed bump then, lol.

Dk at its core is a melee class, and if you wanted to play a ranged DK build then the %25 poison cost reduction from world in ruin makes it clear you have an edge at using bow abilities such as poison arrow, venom arrow, lethal shot, acid spray.

For this reason I believe stonefist should have been a melee ability to begin with, and could have been something other than a spammable honestly. Its not a good example to compare to cliff racer or venom skull because its range is half of those.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK is a melee class but that mid range messes me up since I play other classes that have 28meter spammable. I know that a me issue but I perfer some things to be consistent across classes. Plus it would be nice to have ranged attack compared to others we could use. Especially since we need 3 stacks to stun, we could get one or 2 in before we close the gap.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Venom skull needs improvement to it's animation, as all necro skills do though.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    DK is a melee class but that mid range messes me up since I play other classes that have 28meter spammable. I know that a me issue but I perfer some things to be consistent across classes. Plus it would be nice to have ranged attack compared to others we could use. Especially since we need 3 stacks to stun, we could get one or 2 in before we close the gap.

28m stonefist would be too much of a zerg friendly ability as the stagger works with other Dks. I'm against the idea of turning the great DK class into the equavalent of zergsurfing snipeblades, as the ability and its mechanic works the best when multiple people spam abilities on a single target.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely agree. Venom skull is horrendous. Its slow lob that is dodgeable and blockable and doesn't really do much damage. Only reason I even slotted it was to level up necro skills to begin with.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the patch of redundant Class skills. Go ahead and slot that Turn Evil on your Nightblades because Aspect of Terror is now obsolete in comparison. Enjoy your class identity.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ranged spammables except snipe need to have the projectile travel time reduced vastly. For this reason skills like venom skull and dive are not viable.