The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shield enchants

Gnortranermara
Gnortranermara
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey ZOS, any chance we could get some shield enchantment options that won't change our Max Stats when we bar swap?

There are a few different reasons (to include avoiding a nasty resource drain bug) that many players prefer to build so our Max Stats don't change when bar swapping. To an extent, this is a fun element of crafting a build. But it is a bit too restricting when trying to run a shield with a different weapon type. This is a pain point for tanks running back bar staves and for PvP builds with only one S&B bar.

Suggested fix:

Add a cool new Essence rune in a future DLC. The additive glyph could add a flat Armor value to armor and shields, while the subtractive glyph could be an awesome Weapon+Spell Penetration buff on jewels.

Or maybe just allow shields to accept the Shielding and Bashing jewelry enchants if that's easier. We just need some kind of alternative to Max Stat bonuses.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wardens dropped shield has a health recovery enchantment on it, let us just use jewelry enchantments on shields.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Lord wardens dropped shield has a health recovery enchantment on it

Really?! That's great news for me since I suck at tanking and was already planning on replacing my Alkosh with Leeching Plate soon so I can stay alive. I'll have to forego the arena backbar (due to the 4pc Max Health bonus), but at least I can run a staff. I legit love this, thanks.

Still need some options on other sets, of course.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on December 10, 2019 1:17AM