The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

We should not able to soultrap dragons

OsManiaC
OsManiaC
✭✭✭✭
I mentioned here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6487243#Comment_6487243 but ofc no one cares xD

but it is really annoying. We cannot soul trap dragons. We should not.
GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why it's a bad idea to take the way the game's mechanics work as lore gospel. They're designed to be playable, not a reflection of Nirn's physics.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zo$ doesn´t care about lore. If you disagree go and ask the bosmers their opinion.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    I mentioned here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6487243#Comment_6487243 but ofc no one cares xD

but it is really annoying. We cannot soul trap dragons. We should not.

You didnt trap the dragon, only the souls of his flees :)

Worldsimulating sandboxes are long gone. Ryzom had seasons and migrating beasts. Some travels only have been possible in winter. Ultima once had an ecosystem where rabbit eats grass and wolf eats rabbit. They had to take it out of game because player eats wolf and rabbit andn o one did the mowing :) xp addicted little buggers.

Modern games are usually Themeparks.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Soul" is a very hazy, ill-defined term in TES Lore. TES Souls do not fit any IRL definition of the soul that I have ever come across. TES Souls are not indivisible and they are not a spark of the divine.

"Animus" is a word that is used interchangeably with "Soul" in TES Lore. Animi are divisible. I find it helps my immersion in TES to think in terms of animus rather than in terms of souls.

I find that a good way of thinking about soul-trapping Dragons in ESO, that is lore friendly, is to assume that what we are trapping is just a part of the animus of the Dragon, some of its "energy" if you like, and the special part of the Dragon's animus which constitutes the "Soul" the Dragonborn would be able to consume, is not trapped.
    PC EU
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can soultrap dragon souls into a soulgem in Skyrim too. Which happens before you then eat its soul. Found that way more immersion breaking.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soultrap works on quite a few things it shouldn't, like feral soulshriven in Coldharbour or drawven spiders. I suspect ZOS thought it was more likely to bother players who don't care about the lore if it's inconsistent and only works on certain enemies than it would bother lore fans to see it working on everything. Or they just thought it wasn't worth the time to program in the restrictions.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "There will never be Dragon's in ESO"

- Zenimax 2014

Nobody cares anymore dude.
    PC EU