Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP in Cyrodiil idea

Vilype
Vilype
Soul Shriven
Hello. I would like to raise the issue of Cyrodiil in this thread.

In a few words, a good next step in the game would be to expand / add new things to PVP in Cyrodiil.

The point is that at the moment everything is based on taking over locks and other objects and scrolls, and you could somehow spice up this PVP.

You can also play Cyrodiil as in normal game locations, except that PVP is included here.

Even the castle object itself takes up a lot of space, and inside it is empty and it looks like an infinite idea.

I don't have specific ideas, but I think that diversifying PVP would definitely attract many players.

If any of the ESO authors read this, please include the PVP expansion in this game.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has added some new stuff to Cyrodiil over the years, including the 3 new outposts, destructible bridges/gates, capturable towns and Volendrung. Each addition saw increased interest in PvP for a time until the novelty wore off, and people realized it was just the same old capture the keep and scrolls. New players are probably fine with things the way they are for a time, but ZOS will need to do something more to keep long time PvPers interested.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect that fixing the persistent performance issues that have plagued PVP in Cyrodiil for years would both spice up PVP and provide a solid foundation for future changes.

Changes and diversification without fixing performance is unfortunately akin to gilding a turd.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP isn't really popular enough, sorry.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding more has proven to not do much. What they need to do is change the ring system and how you crown emp. Maybe add outside keeps and outposts to the crowning system, add more incentives to spread out but throwing a flag or outpost at a random location isn’t going to change much.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on December 10, 2019 1:34AM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp can be fun in a large group but I find PVP makes me hate other people
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding more has proven to not do much. What they need to do is change the ring system and how you crown emp. Maybe add outside keeps and outposts to the crowning system, add more incentives to spread out but throwing a flag or outpost at a random location isn’t going to change much.

Make it so you need 2 inner keeps to hold emp, stops everyone from just stacking that last keep, a bit of strategy at play.
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭
    Vilype wrote: »
    Hello. I would like to raise the issue of Cyrodiil in this thread.

In a few words, a good next step in the game would be to expand / add new things to PVP in Cyrodiil.

The point is that at the moment everything is based on taking over locks and other objects and scrolls, and you could somehow spice up this PVP.

You can also play Cyrodiil as in normal game locations, except that PVP is included here.

Even the castle object itself takes up a lot of space, and inside it is empty and it looks like an infinite idea.

I don't have specific ideas, but I think that diversifying PVP would definitely attract many players.

If any of the ESO authors read this, please include the PVP expansion in this game.

How about fix the lag first aye?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bounties on groups/players farming massive AP.

More ways to take a keep.

Exotic seige. An example would be ladders.

Different types of tents (1 that that is highly volitile but has a shorter timer, 1 that has a larger radius but requires a longer recovery timer etc...)

More destructable locations.

The heart of pvp is seige and ZoS does such a pitiful job with that. Also finding more uses for many small groups scattered throughout the map.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP looses massive swaths of players everytime thier is a bad patch for this games combat.

No other single reason can even come close to the impact that this has had.

PvP would thrive if this game

1. Ran properly without lag and crashes
    2. Had a less volatile and seemingly random balance cycle from patch to patch

If from the beggining we had not had a single PvP new content update but instead had constant performance and ballance, PvP ppopulations would be much healthier today.
    Edited by JackDaniell on December 10, 2019 4:55AM
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • dRudE
    dRudE
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

Different types of tents (1 that that is highly volitile but has a shorter timer, 1 that has a larger radius but requires a longer recovery timer etc...)

The heart of pvp is seige and ZoS does such a pitiful job with that. Also finding more uses for many small groups scattered throughout the map.

Yeah ladders would be good, but over powered if they could just be used right off the bat, would need a mechanic like they can only be used if the keep is flagged and an allied player is inside on the wall where they need to be placed, would give stealthy nightblades a good reason to try and sneak in through a siege to help their team.

Of course the lag needs to be dealt with first and foremost imo.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dRudE wrote: »

Yeah ladders would be good, but over powered if they could just be used right off the bat, would need a mechanic like they can only be used if the keep is flagged and an allied player is inside on the wall where they need to be placed, would give stealthy nightblades a good reason to try and sneak in through a siege to help their team.

Yeah. Number 1 issue: performance. Even hardcore PvPers have their inexorability tested from time to time. When you die time after time because of lag it really makes you wonder, what are you even doing here.

Rope ladders that can be used only from the top of the outer wall, underground entrances to keeps (with doors etc. to make it harder for zergs, and guards for solo players).
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing from passive to active campaign progression. No more passive ticks, but actively gaining/loosing points by turning or defending a keep.

Without the passive progression the nightly PvDoor'ing and its super ticks are history. They might PvDoor the maps for, let say, 1000 points. But once the pop logs in they take all back and equalize those 1000 points.

Stupid rock and resource trolling would be a waste of time. Meanwhile it would be possible to make x points for turning a keep. Resources dont give any points towards campaign progression.

Attacking a keep and failing would give the defenders some points. This would encourage more coordination and play-as-intended. May the lag be with you, but thats how it should be. 100 defenders and sieges in all four directions...

Politics would loose some power. If, say.., red and blue attack yellow they get 50&50 points. If red attacks blue they get 100% of the points.

Scrolls are buffs but have nothing to do with calculation the progression of the campaign. But winning/loosing one would count like a keep.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    What happen if we have PvP and PvE version of Cyrodil. PvP version still the same for PvP but PvE version will fullfill with quest and activity, trading to explore. The guild who have most score on PvP version will earn a castle or a keep on PvE version to decorate , earn money tax from NPC vendor ...etc
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dRudE wrote: »

Imagine they added ladders. It would simply work like the all the ladders in the game. Imagine. 20 characters looking up, then 2 minutes of loading screen before they appear on the wall.

PvP content doesn't really bring enough money so it's never gonna happen but would be nice if the keeps weren't so empty. Would be nice if NPCs were more than minor inconvenience. Would also be nice if they made the towers above second flags usable in some way (maybe place for oil and siege, or some magical defence device?).

Would also be great if there was some new mechanics involved. Like scrapping the low pop bonus and introducing detachments of NPC armies that are sent out to help the players of an alliance pushed back to the gates by superior numbers. Maybe some new scroll gameplay? instead of just providing passives, they could be used to perform some sort of ritual depending if it's an offensive or defensive scroll?

Also, bring back deer.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    What happen if we have PvP and PvE version of Cyrodil. PvP version still the same for PvP but PvE version will fullfill with quest and activity, trading to explore. The guild who have most score on PvP version will earn a castle or a keep on PvE version to decorate , earn money tax from NPC vendor ...etc

Turn cyrodiil into a massive trial like zone where all 3 factions fight this "daedric incursion". Cyrodiil is huge and should be expanded on.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adding more to PvP? Players can't even show up to defend what they have now.

I think there should be more penalties if you fail to show up and try to defend your keeps.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I think there should be more penalties if you fail to show up and try to defend your keeps.

Make sure you fix the stuck in combat bug first, please. It's super annoying to want to rush to defend a home keep but be forced to run there, on foot, hoping you'll somehow make it in time there to make a difference. I'd rather not be penalized on top of that for a bug I can't really do anything about.

Performance improvements have to come first.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Undo!
    Undo everything that’s been added or removed from Cyrodiil...
    All the way back to the removal of the Deer.
    The wolves attacking the deer was a cool addition....and obvs wasn’t the issue.
    Make the Towns a limited range respawn similar to the Forward Camps to remove them as a SuicideSpawn point
    And you no longer need to have Bridge/Gate Deconstructions...which has soo many issues.
    Oh n those postern platforms that were added to replace the postern houses so you could put counter siege on it...ya...they block your line of fire....
    And...the Hammer.....*insert eye roll here*
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Make sure you fix the stuck in combat bug first, please. It's super annoying to want to rush to defend a home keep but be forced to run there, on foot, hoping you'll somehow make it in time there to make a difference. I'd rather not be penalized on top of that for a bug I can't really do anything about.

Agreed. Stuck in combat is very annoying.

Edited by vamp_emily on December 10, 2019 1:39PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want the lag to go.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of suggestions have been brought up before. Obviously the best improvement would be to fix performance issues.

I think little things would go a long way also along with many of the big changes others have mentioned. For example. Make some of the quests feel like you are contributing to the campaign in some way. Like the scouting quest. I actually find that one kind of fun but I don't feel like I am contributing to the campaign in any way. Maybe add a small defense boost to the entire faction that increases with the number of scouting quests turned in. That boost would degrade over time and more scouting quests would need to be turned in to keep the boost at its maximum. Nothing crazy remind you, just a little boost. Enough to make it feel like you are contributing something when doing these quests.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

^^^

You're complaining about people not showing up to defend keeps, as I'm jogging from rayles to gladesmist.