The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

we really need a battle royal

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.... But if ZOS chooses to go there for those who do want it, fine. I don't pvp at all, and wouldn't do BR either, but as long as it's optional, that works.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    I am very happy that there is no Battle Royal. In any scenario I would pick the current BG over any form of Battle Royal, that would be no balanced mode, NBs would have a huge advantage for example since they can turn up, kill and vanish. If you have a team they know where the NB was and can act, but not if its all solo players.

So.… Cloak is the problem, I agree! Nerf cloak!

Random grouping in BG's! No premades!
    Edited by Stebarnz on December 9, 2019 11:49PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The common BG is 4vs4, and a duell cannot be started without a yes from another player. So there are little options for small-scale pvp for solo players. It s quite hard to play 1 vs 4 vs 4 in a coomon battleground. We rly need a BG where everyone is for himself and you dont need to play without teams.

Ffs not every game needs a br. It works for pubg and fortnite cause that is their focus. Would not work for eso due to build and item diversity.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it — if it were done in the way that you pick up random spell books with a finite amount of charges (the guns and ammo), potions (meds), shields (body armor) —

To do it with the current system wouldn’t work because it wouldn’t be a level playing field.

Outside that the biggest problem would be teaming, which we already see in BG and Cyrodiil, solo yellow fighting a solo blue, blue getting packed up, blue’s red friend jumps in — (arbitrary example), basically teaming, which is more prevalent in MMO.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason why RPG rather than more FPS style battle royale all crash and fail. Balance becomes very skewed, hard to accommodate all classes with equal balance, progression and deeper gameplay is impossible to implement without dragging rounds on very long, and basically everything gets dumbed down to a battle royale. With FPS games this works because they’re literally just shooting like a regular FPS.

If ESO tries to make a BR it’ll just be a waste of resources for a game mode with far more negative feedback than positive feedback.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, this game is missing pretty much all of the fundamental elements of a BR. It has an inventory system that does not lend itself to quickly and efficiently equipping loot, no way of producing in-world loot drops without using a container, absolutely no class balancing oriented around 1v1, especially a 1v1 with gear that pretty much by necessity would need to be generic so as to be applicable to all classes and not the carefully tailored sets that class balance depends on in this game, no map that could easily be used for a BR-style game, limited movement options compared to a BR (no PUBG crawling, no Apex jump sliding and wall jumping, no wacky Fortnite vehicles, etc.) and what mobility options DO exist are class-specific and would be highly unbalancing, etc, etc.

Basically, it would be a huge amount of work for... what, exactly? Why would I play a BR in a game that isn't even remotely designed to support that kind of game mode when I could, you know, go play an actual BR if I want to? Speaking as a fan of BRs, and as someone about to rank out of the current Apex season: this seems like a completely unnecessary idea at best and a terrible idea at worst.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on December 10, 2019 12:46AM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yessss.........
    tenor.gif
    But...Seriously...NO!
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on December 10, 2019 12:54AM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle Royale has potential in abstract and its certainly brought up enough to suggest there is some demand.

There's 2 hurdles I think it would face.

Hurdle 1: it adds a whole new dimension for balance. The rest of ESO's PVP modes don't really support 1vX playstyles. Players still manage to 1vX successfully (mostly against disorganized players), but the Devs don't really support it and tend to nerf the sets and skills that make 1vX too powerful. Battle Royale means that ZOS would have to balance PVP for large scale combat in Cyrodiil, 4v4v4 in Battlegrounds, and 1vX in Battle Royale AND PVE end game content.
    I don't see that working out well.

Hurdle 2: it further splits a dwindling PVP population. Are we really certain that there is enough demand for Battle Royale that it would stay populated and competitive?
    PVP gets a lot less fun without a robust population. Battlegrounds suffers from low pop, which directly impacts the MMR and problems with facing the same pre-mades over and over again. Unless Battle Royale has a much higher demand, I suspect it would see the same type of problems as Battlegrounds.

Finally, something to consider is that Battlegrounds was very much desired and anticipated during a time when ESO had a much higher active PVP population with a lot of competitive small scale groups. Look at BGs now.
    It's easy to say "People want this! Make it so, ZOS!"
    Its a lot harder to actually implement a new game mode that will consistently draw a competitive population.

Overthinking. All zos needs to do is add a free for all mode to the current modes. People can already queue for specific matches, a free for all would just get added to the death match category.

I also don’t know why everyone thinks battle royal is only games like the current popular ones. Free for all is battle royal, there’s no need for some loot system or permanent elimination. Just a simple death match where you’re on your own.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • EnemyOfDaState
    EnemyOfDaState
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol a battle royal system in a game with Tanks. I can picture it now the last two people standing are two tanks who can't do enough damage to kill each other.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant even beat anyone on a 1v1.
    How can I win in a 1 vs everyone.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't think we need Battle Royale in ESO.

In my opinion any resources spent on such a mode would be a waste. I would prefer ZOS spending the money on better servers and more PvE content.
    Edited by Watchdog on December 10, 2019 1:48AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BR is cool, but won't feel great here. Progression should matter and people need to reign in their expectations for what ZOS is capable of. They only make new systems if they can sell or improve player replayability, it is a business after all. Would BR do this? No. It's impossible to balance with 100s of sets in the game and it would take over a year to properly code and make an acceptable build for players to use, therefor it would be used as a selling feature for a Chapter.

If it was sold for a chapter which it would have to be justify the delvelopement time, the pvp palyer base would be seperated and paywalled. ZOS no longer has any intention with making their PVP queue longer. They learned their lesson by making BG and Imperial City free for the base game.

Laslty, BR is not something that can easily be marketed towards an MMO audience if they chose to sell it with a Chapter. BG's was easy enough to make for Morrowind because it had smaller teams so less server load, provided a more solo/quick experience than Cyro and gave an opportunity to develope new maps for future DLC's.

If BG came in to play, you would seperate your player base and increase the queue time, because it would be something that is PAID for, not base game.

The best we can hope for is a free-for-all. All they need to do is use the existing maps and remove the teams, it would be a 4th mode. This mode would be free to base game since it wouldn't be something they could sell, but it's also easy enough to code so it would keep existing players engaged and happy to have more content..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on December 10, 2019 1:43AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP needed performance fixes long before even the IC update. God forbid we see another PvP expansion ontop of these server issues we already have.

Zenimax shouldent start contemplating adding new PvP modes until PvP works.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Battle Royal as a BATTLEGROUNDS MAP OPTION would be a great idea for the devs to explore in future content.
    Edited by marius_buys on December 10, 2019 6:54AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    For some reason Battle Royal would lead to tears.

Situation 1:
    A player joins Battle Royal gets creamed and then comes to the forum and talks about how good of a players is but then cries because he had no chance.

Situation 2:
    A player joins Battle Royal gets creamed and then comes to the forum and then comes to the forum and cries about how it is so unfair.

Situation 3:
    Zeni adds Battle Royal to ESO but nobody plays it.

I think Battle Royal would fail.

From my history of playing Minecraft Survival Games (the OG battle royale btw), the point of the match was to get the best gear you could find, and hide until the end of the match. With any luck, the only fighting you'll have to do is with whoever else is left. Immediately searching for other players is the fastest way to lose.

You make a good point.

I think many feel an ESO BR would allow us to use our current character builds and gear. I have yet to see a BR that had predetermined and custom builds though I expect there may be one or two.

So that essentially means Zos would have to design and build out a new combat just for BR. That just does not make sense in any manner. It is why I said earlier than ESO should be ESO and not try to be every flavor of game someone suggests.

In the end, if Zos decided to make a BR in some sort of TES theme it should be a stand alone game.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear OP,
    I think its a good idea, but most of the community for unknown reason, hate good ideas just for the sake of hating.
    No one forces them to play an extra PVP mode (Which is highly needed at this moment), but will still vote against it.
    Go figure.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the one thing that WILL drive me away from this game, this and a dab emote
    Why?

Because we don't need 100 unkillible tanks huddled in one part of a map, and ES isn't made for a BR mode and for the Dab, its pretty self explanatory, its the worst emote followed by every other one used in that god awful 2 week game
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a mode I want in ESO thanks.

I imagine it would only cannibalise a small portion of players from BGs. They might enjoy it but would soon start whining, go toxic and bore everyone. New players would avoid it like the plague.

I believe there are more than enough Battle Royale games out there for you to enjoy.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure...
    What ESO "needs" is yet another mode of play that would need balancing...leading players to start whining about getting killed and asking for nerfs because a lot (not all..but a lot!) of players can't handle taking an L, because they think they should win every single fight.

To put it politely; No thank you. ESO definitely doesn't "need" this at all.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No we really don’t.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really don't need a battle royale mode. Ever.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Dear OP,
    I think its a good idea, but most of the community for unknown reason, hate good ideas just for the sake of hating.
    No one forces them to play an extra PVP mode (Which is highly needed at this moment), but will still vote against it.
    Go figure.

Problem is battle royale is basically last man standing mode. With ESO balance it's hard to imagine balanced and fun battle royale mode where everyone can win based on the skill not based on the setup. And then there is also performance.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 10, 2019 12:35PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, we don't need a BR mode.

It's already been purposed by someone else and refused by the large majority of players.

PvP parameters/modes are fine as they are: big scale (Cyro) and small scale (BG).
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer will be No today, with a slight chance of even more No tomorrow, and all throughout the week we can expect lows of Emphatic No with highs in the Hell No.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does everyone that wants something changed in a game (any game) feels they have to start a ' We need blablalbla….' ? Just to create a sense of ' We' ? Afraid to stand up for what >You< want? Afraid to stand out? Be left outside alone in what you/we want?

Anyway... NO!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial City needs a revamp.
    PC EU
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My humble opinion on the BR subject is a BIG hell NO!
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed for violating our community rules. Please refer to it to understand what is expected from members of our community.
    Staff Post
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would just be filled with 70K health, heal bot tanks. BR is best suited to a game that does not allow for one spec to be unkillable like the BR game that released a year or so ago. It will NEVER work in ESO the way you think it would
    Beta tester November 2013