The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage per

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilcosu wrote: »
    with a pet sorc build running 2 pets you'd really want to grab necropotence instead of false gods to stack max magicka and look into getting illambris monster set.

pretty much look into alcasts pet sorc build and it sets you into the right direction

I disagree. FGD is a better set than Necropotence with the difficulty of sustaining a Light Attack rotation this patch. Siroria will beat both, but it’s more difficult to use effectively.

Ilambris does seem to be making a comeback, mostly in Sunspire where Zaan cannot hit the dragons (please fix this ZOS). If you’d rather not rely on a damage proc set then mixing 2 different 1pc Spell Crit monster sets is almost exactly the same DPS as Ilambris (assuming you have the Shadow mundus with 7 divines armor). I actually end up using Grundwulf in all but the most optimized trial groups, because sustain matters more than a couple % DPS.

What rotation are you using? That is likely the biggest factor here.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done it 6 times and it varies from 10500 to 12500. Maybe cause of my Cp being low

With no CP you should be capable of at-least 30k or there about.

It is worth noting that without a party not all "meta" builds carry their own full buffs/debuffs (eg.. Minor/Major Breach) which sometimes means "solo parse" builds with a few ability tweaks pull higher DPS.

1. Get your BIS pots, make sure you have the 30% duration boost from the alchemy skill tree, chug a potion on opener, chug another one every time the cooldown ends. This will give you 100% uptime on these crucial buffs.

2. Food, find your BIS, use it

3. take your rotation slow to start, count the number of damage numbers that appear on the dummy each hit, compare it to what you expect (eg force pulse is 3 numbers, fire enchant is 4, so if I get my light attack cancel in correctly thats 5 numbers I should see). Every ability has a different cast time requiring different timings, practice makes perfect and its not simply a case of tapping LMB before you cast, the timing needs to be right.

4. Traits, enchants. Make sure you have the best mundus stone, if its good enough for you, go divine on all your armor traits. Jewellery should be stat regen or spell damage depending on how you cope. Chest/helmet/armor are your "large" items and they get better enchants, make sure they are magicka enchanted and you COULD see higher DPS if you use the trait to boost this.

5. Make sure your rotation is optimal and up to date. Last few updates a lot of dots got heavily nerfed - there are a lot of outdated builds and information out there.

6. Make sure you bar swap cancel effectively, this takes practice but is essential for keeping a smooth rotation with buffs up 100%

7. Weapon enchantments and backbar proccing. Backbar enchantment procs if you use an AOE *weapon* DOT, even while you are on your front bar. For magica builds this means wall of elements, for stamina builds this means bow and volley. Keep it on your back bar, cast it, swap front bar. Dont let wall of elements drop, but also dont clip it by more than 1 second, 2 at a push. Back bar enchants are usually either Zerk (spell damage) or absorb stam/mag depending on if your class needs the extra regen.

8. Use Combat Metrics without CP to determine where your damage is coming from, use this to work out where you should place your CP. Remember that as you get better certain elements of your damage will improve so doing this early will require you to do it again as you get better. This is a lot more efficient and personalized than using a guide which mostly assumes you have a meta build and are 810.

9. Dont underestimate penetration. You need to be hitting 12k penetration, this means with minor/major fracture you need to have 6k base penetration. Dont rely on just CP penetration as it has heavy diminishing returns, but also dont ignore it, the first bit of penetration from CP is cheap and anything.

Hope this helps. I dont play anymore, but did used to spend hours upon hours on the PTS testing builds :P
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade