The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Future Event Tickets

jaws343
jaws343
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If the event Ticket model continues into next year, tickets need to be removed from the loot pool of an enemy. Myself, and many players, have lost tickets due to untimely crashes. There is nothing more ridiculous than getting the credit for killing a dragon, even though the game crashes while the dragon is at 50% health, but not getting the event ticket because there is no possible way to loot the dragon.

First of all, why is credit for killing a dragon being awarded to a player who isn't even in the server when the dragon actually dies? I know I was awarded credit for the kill because my kill dragon quest was updated when logging back in.

Secondly, if this last year has been any indication, the Ticket mechanic needs to be removed from the loot and just be auto awarded with completion of the task. If killing a dragon is the thing that needs to be done, you should just be given the ticket after killing the dragon. Or, at the very least, tie it in to speaking to a specific quest giver. Something, anything, that cannot be negated because the game crashes.

For what it is worth, this isn't a "there aren't enough tickets" whine. I have plenty and losing 1 isn't the end of the world. But, with no knowledge of how these are going to play out going forward, this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    First of all, why is credit for killing a dragon being awarded to a player who isn't even in the server when the dragon actually dies? I know I was awarded credit for the kill because my kill dragon quest was updated when logging back in.

You have been disconnected from your client, but you are still connected on server. I see this in Trials where I have lost connection but my character is still there in middle of fight, just standing around and doing nothing. If I try to get back in, I am told, "This account is already logged in," or something like that. I will ask people on TS, "Let me know when my character disappears so I know I can log back in."

As long as this mismatch between client and server status is a thing, tickets should not come from loot.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should Would be a simple matter to not credit the daily loot restriction until the loot actually gets looted...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

You have been disconnected from your client, but you are still connected on server. I see this in Trials where I have lost connection but my character is still there in middle of fight, just standing around and doing nothing. If I try to get back in, I am told, "This account is already logged in," or something like that. I will ask people on TS, "Let me know when my character disappears so I know I can log back in."

As long as this mismatch between client and server status is a thing, tickets should not come from loot.

In that case, why wouldn’t you be able to loot the dragon if according to the server you were there for the kill?

But I agree that tickets should not be awarded through loot, or should not count toward your daily allotment until you actually pick them up, whatever would be most feasible and ensure people not lose tickets to disconnects.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

In that case, why wouldn’t you be able to loot the dragon if according to the server you were there for the kill?

But I agree that tickets should not be awarded through loot, or should not count toward your daily allotment until you actually pick them up, whatever would be most feasible and ensure people not lose tickets to disconnects.

1) kill may have despawned by the time re-login is possible.

2) toon gets loaded into another instance than the one the killed creature is on, hence no looting it possible because the "body" simply isn't there.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had two disconnects last night (which is pretty unusual for me) while fighting dragons and in both cases, I was able to log back in and loot the dragon's corpse. I had already gotten my tickets for the day, so I don't know if the tickets would have been there upon relog along with the rest of the loot, but the dragon's were certainly lootable upon relog.

I would agree that tickets should be awarded upon completion of a quest. But with this event, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get the tickets from completing the dragon hunt quest in both northern and southern Elsweyr. There were some days when I only had time for one dragon in the north and south.

And I'm not sure how that would work with the Witches Festival since there really isn't a quest for that outside of the initial quest to get the whistle.

I've been lucky since I've never missed out on tickets unless I wasn't able to play or I had forgotten to spend tickets when at cap. But, it seems like there are more problems with missing tickets when it's part of loot rather than part of a quest reward. I'm not sure how they would address that with events that don't involve specific quests.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I had two disconnects last night (which is pretty unusual for me) while fighting dragons and in both cases, I was able to log back in and loot the dragon's corpse. I had already gotten my tickets for the day, so I don't know if the tickets would have been there upon relog along with the rest of the loot, but the dragon's were certainly lootable upon relog.

I would agree that tickets should be awarded upon completion of a quest. But with this event, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get the tickets from completing the dragon hunt quest in both northern and southern Elsweyr. There were some days when I only had time for one dragon in the north and south.

And I'm not sure how that would work with the Witches Festival since there really isn't a quest for that outside of the initial quest to get the whistle.

I've been lucky since I've never missed out on tickets unless I wasn't able to play or I had forgotten to spend tickets when at cap. But, it seems like there are more problems with missing tickets when it's part of loot rather than part of a quest reward. I'm not sure how they would address that with events that don't involve specific quests.

I think it would be a simple update to the events by adding a quick marker to talk to someone each day. You talk to them to pick up the quest and then kill the thing you need to kill to get credit and then turn the quest in.

Or, they just award the ticket automatically when you kill the thing you need to kill, rather than requiring you to loot it.