The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Date of next event?

Maxx7410
Maxx7410
✭✭✭✭
Hello anyone know when we will have the next event? i need my last indrik but i will be on vacations from the 20 of this month.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    New Life Festival (12/19-1/1/2020)—Celebrate the end of another great year and the beginning of the new one with fun quests and mud balls. Lots of mud balls.

Unless they bring back Undaunted in-between now and the next event.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    ufff by 1 day thanks
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said the Undaunted Event would come back before the end of the year, after being cancelled previously. One theory is that it will start on the 12th (this Thursday) and run until the 16th so it fills the space between the two planned events. And the Undaunted Event is always short but gives 3 tickets per day, so that would work.

But the last berry probably won't be available until the New Life festival starts on the 19th.

If the Undaunted event does come back my advice is to make sure whatever else you do you end the event with 10 tickets, so you can buy the 4th indrik berry on the 19th before going away. (New Life gives 2 tickets per day, so you could save 8, or 6 if you'll have time to play on the 20th, but I wouldn't recommend that if you can possibly avoid it because trying to juggle preparing to go away with doing events in ESO complicates both, and if there's any problems with the New Life festival you might not be able to get the tickets.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Life previously started about 3 weeks before the end of the year and ran just past the beginning of the following year.

If you're on vacation/home, you're likely in luck. If you're on vacation/gone, you're likely out of it.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be in vacation out of my country i currently have 10 tickets so i can just got my last berry in the first day
    Edited by Maxx7410 on December 9, 2019 2:52PM
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is disappointing that it's so short this year; New Life is one of my favorite events.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    It really is disappointing that it's so short this year; New Life is one of my favorite events.

Agreed. They should start it a week early.
    forever stuck in combat
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you do to deal with the repetitiveness of the same quests every year?
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

What do you do to deal with the repetitiveness of the same quests every year?

I guess it helps that I don't feel like I have to run every quest every day of the event on every character.

I have a lot of alts... I just figure out the amount of time I have to play in a given day (which is certainly not all day long), and then mix and match. Maybe I use a new alt that hasn't played through the festival yet. Maybe I take a few loops for crafting nodes. Maybe I send my wood elf back to visit her imaginary family in Grahtwood. Maybe I work on that fishing achievement in an icy lake, or hit a dolmen in the desert. I tend to use the quests as jumping-off points for other things I've been meaning to get around to anyway, rather than treating it as a grindfest. In other words, I don't do exactly the same sequence of events on each day of the festival. And I still manage to pick up plenty of boxes that way, and the rewards are some of my favorites outside of the Witches Festival and the anniversary event.
  • Electricblulion
    I get tired of the same new life quests in the event but I do like the rewards, most of the time. It's also one of the less complicated ways to get event tickets. I would be lucky to get one ticket in an undaunted event. I love the loot but in a way I'm just burnt out on events and eso on general but mostly because I spend 95% of my playing time dealing with inventory.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love New Life. I don't plan to run every character through the quest every day this year though the way I did last year. I need 20 tickets on my second NA account. And that's what I'll be doing. Anything else I do will be.... fun. And if it's not fun, I'm not going to do it.

Right now I'm a lot burned out on events, though New Life is my favorite one of the entire year, as Christmas is my favorite RL holiday (regardless that I really have no use for the whole religious thing). I want this one last indrik on my second account. And that's absolutely it.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll farm out new life for motifs mostly. I’ve only got a few left I need to finish on my crafter
    Edited by Contaminate on December 11, 2019 5:45AM
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    Please no more events for at least 3 months. Unless they do one in Craglorn with double resource drops 😜
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    if new event starts tomorrow, where is NEWS ARticle about it? cant find
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    if new event starts tomorrow, where is NEWS ARticle about it? cant find

Americans always write dates as month-day-year. So the announcement and the second post of this topic is saying New Life will start on the 19th December, not the 12th.

There's been speculation that the Undaunted event, which was cancelled in November, will be run from the 12th - 16th, but that's just players guessing based on ZOS saying it will come back before the end of the year, there hasn't been an official date given. And at this point it's looking unlikely because we haven't had an announcement yet and even for ZOS that would be very short notice.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this was contingent on them getting the Groupfinder working and it is still broken, I don't see this happening.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com