The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2020 Housing Plans

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I see that ZOS will be doing a reveal on what 2020 holds for their next year-long storyline (For those that might have missed the announcement - https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57313) . I ask that you guys please don't forget about us housing enthusiasts around that time. I appreciate that housing is not a huge part of the game but we do have a strong and growing community of enthusiasts that are all eagerly awaiting some information about what is planned for housing in 2020. I just ask that you please don't forget about us in all the hype about the next big adventure.
With Cardi having joined ZOS, many of us are really keen and excited to see if this will result in some of his outstanding work becoming part of the game system.
With the joining of @ZOS_Adrikoth and @ZOS_Nith to the housing forums we have seen a much welcome increase in feedback (Thank you both - its great to see your input) so it would be great if you guys might pass this request back to ZOS that we would all be hugely appreciative of some info around that time, on what is planned for housing for 2020. I appreciate that you guys wont want to dilute the message and marketing for the next big theme so maybe a separate article a few days afterwards on housing plans?? This would be hugely welcomed and appreciated by the housing community.
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I am wanting to read about
    Dirtybyrd
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Zypheran, for posting this!

I know many of us housing enthusiasts have been frustrated over the years, and even downright angry (myself included!), but I think ZOS can head much of this off by providing us a general road map for housing in 2020. I know it's a curse/kiss (LOL at this ZOS coinage!) for them to share their plans, since if they don't work out for a variety of reasons, players get mad and call them liars - which is ridiculous, since a plan is just a plan, not a binding contract.

In any event, I'm hopeful that ZOS will be more communicative this next year and give us some idea as to what's in store for us. And even more general acknowledgement that they've read/heard our suggestions, even if they ultimately decide not to implement them.

They recently stickied a thread on cobbled fireplaces. I would like to suggest that ZOS provide a stickied thread for housing suggestions. This would at least be an acknowledgement that they consider our feedback to be important by providing a thread that doesn't end up getting buried and that they can easily refer to. There are two such threads in the crown subforum, and it would be nice to have at least one here.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please can we get 2 lux vendors
    1 that stays open 24/7 with past wears and 1 that appears on weekends with all new items please please
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 that stays open 24/7 with past wears and 1 that appears on weekends with all new items please please

I'd even be happy with having an assistant for the old stuff just being there on the weekends if it meant Zanil got some new stuff.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if I like the 24/7 part just because I understand it's a lucrative flipping process for in-demand house items.
    However I like part of this idea and I think it'd be neat if we could see two lux vendors per week, one that sells stuff on the current rotation and the other that just picks a random week and sells that stuff; It is rather annoying that you can only get certain stuff at a decent price one time out of the whole year before it gets jacked up.
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they will reconsider to put housing items into crates. I´m ok if they put them in the normal crown store but it s a shame they seduce people to gambling to get those items. We already pay excessive prices for the special homes.

Really interest in the book pile from todays crates but not in this way. It bother me everytime I see it...

Also I hope they reconsider their housing item limit and test new ways like with animated and non-animated items to increase the limit.
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Zypheran for this post! As usual you speak the collective minds and hearts of the majority of our beautiful Homestead community!

I agree 100%, I do hope we are tossed a "bone" or 3 lol. Im very excited to see what @ZOS_Cardinal will be working on and when we will see some major housing overhaul moving into 2020! No pressure Cardi ;)

ESO Housing is definitely a major plus in an MMORPG, as I've ventured into a few distant lands as of late, (Hello beautiful Azeroth!) I have imagined what it would be like to have a home in that part of the "world". Im thankful for my home (s) in Tamriel, and look forward to what 2020 will bring! <3
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just want to revisit this request now that the announcement has been made.
    It would be great to get an article outlining what plans you guys have for housing in 2020.
    @ZOS_Adrikoth could you please pass this along to the powers that be. I know it would be hugely appreciated by the housing community to get some info on what plans are in place for this aspect of the game.
    Thanks
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello @Zypheran Thank you for your continued interest in ESO Housing! We wanted to let you know that we have passed this along to our team. :)
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 17, 2020 3:41PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello @Zypheran Thank you for your continued interest in ESO Housing! We wanted to let you know that we have passed this along to our team. :)

@ZOS_Adrikoth Thank you, very much appreciated <3
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that whatever furniture plans will come 2020, some new ones will be saved for the fall DLC. It was so depressing that there were no new ones to gain with Southern Elsweyr.
    PC/EU
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be good to hear something, but personally I'm not super into any of the housing styles of the region. I doubt they'll interest me.

But with 40% of the first DLC content being Blackreach, I am hoping for some interesting plants and furnishings.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope that whatever furniture plans will come 2020, some new ones will be saved for the fall DLC. It was so depressing that there were no new ones to gain with Southern Elsweyr.

This isn’t housing related per se, but I hope when we buy the new expansion that we don’t get just half of the region like we did with Elsweyr. Please do not let this be the new model going forward.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully all the performance focus this year will finally let them look into increasing the furnishing cap. A few years back I'd be looking at my place, wanting to flesh it out more and I wouldn't be able to. But now it's that + being tempted by all the amazing things being added every single update :p

I'm sure a lot of us don't need yet another house. Yes it makes the most money, but please... With all the amazing furnishings being added each update and not to mention the antiquities added, it only makes sense to give us more space for all the new stuff.

Housing works so well in ESO, but just like all other content, stuff is just being added in volume instead of improving the systems in place :(