The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unique rewards question?

Sewyr
Sewyr
Hello guys,
New player here so excuse me if I seem ignorant

What unique rewards do we have in ESO that are locked behind a difficult achievement (something to show off)? Like you have a mount for vSS, dyes for completing certain things, but what else?
I'm asking because I feel like almost all mounts/pets/skins/motis/styles are found on the crown store. Barely anything to show off for achievements.
Even armor is getting so easy to get. I've been told that Zaan is so hard, but I managed to complete the veteran dungeon with cp 200, and I only had to run it once because its a guaranteed drop, then just transmute to the required trait.

For example, in Runescape (a game I used to play), you needed to farm hard bosses to rarely get a mount related to that boss/dungeon. The closest thing I've seen to such a thing (which I *think* is a thing in all MMOs) is dungeon sets that need farming such as burning spellweave.
So my question is, again, what are the unique rewards we have other than dyes?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most endgame rewards are titles, and to a lesser extent, skins. The "Godslayer" title, for example, is basically a pipe dream for 99% of all eso players. Skins can actually be bought with gold for a group to carry the buyer. Titles can be locked behind hard mode/no death/speed run requirements that can only be achieved by very experienced and well cohesive groups.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's mostly polymorphs and character skins which give weird effects. There are some of those available from the crown store (either directly or via crates) but the ones from trials and things are different and presumably people who are interested in that sort of thing will know which is which and where it came from. There's useful items too of course, like some item sets which only come from vet dungeons or trials, but those can be traded.

But my impression is that the appeal of doing harder content in this game is more on some combination of gold farming (via getting rare drops to sell) and doing it for it's own sake - and your friends, guild etc. will know you're able to complete it because they'll be there with you, or will hear about it from the people who were. Getting rare items to show off to the casual players who won't ever get them always seemed a bit pointles to me because, speaking as one of those casual players, they probably won't know what it is or where it comes from anyway.
    Edited by Danikat on December 9, 2019 11:51AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...there are a few quests and items you can collect that will Unlock certain things for you. The Theodolite pet comes to mind
    https://youtu.be/zYyUOTRDMWI
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every 'unique' reward looks pretty crap imo. The only mount we can achieve through gameplay is the Sunspire Trial achivements one, but they released a better looking re-skin of it as a gamble-crate gem exclusive so... So much for rewarding gameplay.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look through the “Achievements” section of your in-game Journal and look for ones that have the little treasure chest symbol below them, which you can click on to expand and see the reward. They’re almost all dye stamps, titles and skins.