The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any tips for my first stamina char?

mocap
mocap
✭✭✭✭✭
Slowly building my first stam character. Behold... Khajiit stamblade 2H/2H ! xd
I want to make super off meta for vet dungeons and normal trials. Also i have vMA 2H.

I googled 2H/2H PvE builds and i found 0 (ZERO) builds. Absolutely nothing. DW/2H - yes, even DW/DW, but nothing for 2H/2H.

Any tips about bar skills i need to use?
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one uses 2h/2h cause carve is weak now and so is stampede even with vma 2h. Not using another weapon (dw/bow) is limiting the number of skills and dots u can use. Crave is the worst dot compared to rendering slashes or poision injection. Plus your aoe damage will take a big hit without a bow. I wouldnt run vet dungeons with a 2h/2h build.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really want a Bow on one Bar for the DoTs and Ranged needs of most Trials and Dungeons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... it is super off-meta. First, Khajiit in PVE are not what they used to be. Second, and more importantly, a 2H nightblade in PVE is borderline handicapping yourself. If you want to be a Khajiit and a 2H stamina DPS, stamsorc or warden might be the better call. As for your 2H/2H, that sounds closer to a PVP 2H/S&B build. Those 100% do not work in the content you want to run in PVE.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, well where to start

You HAVE to use bow back bar. 2H BB can work but is generally just a massive DPS loss and makes you useless throughout about half the mechanics in the game (no range). You will need this bow to be vMA, Masters as a slightly easier to get alternative.

You will HAVE to use relequens, because it goes 6k+ DPS compared to any other sets 2-3k.

No idea what passes for a good second set these days, used to be AY and nothing else was close, Deadly Strikes was an almost as good alternative so people used that to not be completely braindead meta.

Personally I made a bleed stamsorc with Drozakars (relequens was still way better, then they nerfed Drozakars a tonne before it got to live making it even worse, because ZOS hate fun...?), deadly strikes or Pillars of Nirn (DS is better now because, again, Drozakars was nerfed heavily and is basically a dead choice, so the combo with Pillars of Nirn is worth *** all)

Went the usual, Hurricane, Trap Beast, Blade Cloak, twinblade (cleave and stampede for the 2h).

Very off meta, on PTS prior to nerfs it could pull like 35k self buffing, but with massive downsides. No real survive, very squishy, no ranged capabilities.

EDIT: To be clear this was also before even more DOT nerfs, the seperate caltrops nerf, the soul trap nerf, BUT it did make use of stampede (as *** as it is) to hold up the backbar zerk enchant, which itself is worth a fair amount - just nothing compared to volly holding the backbar enchant.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on December 10, 2019 1:27AM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth, when I did play, I did have a character that pulled about 20k DPS, and was otherwise a DD half tank. In nTrials I could easily hold aggro on any off-tank mechanic, and generally be the last person in the group to die (including both tanks).

vDungeons, can solo most of them, not the DLC ones and a few select non DLC vet dungeons are too hard.

It's doable but you and your group will suffer from your low DPS. While in the quite bad groups I ran trials with would benefit from a competend flex role like me, when everything is running like clockwork, there is no room for my build.

The meta simply does not support it, or atleast there has never been a meta formed around these strange builds so if there is a place where they will shine, that place does not yet exist.

Feel bad for breaking reality to you like this, but after years of PTS testing, trying to find a new offmeta to replace my old godly level offmeta frost mage, I found myself here, realised ESO doesnt cater to me in any way anymore, and quit. Sad really because so much of the game is so good, and yet its all encrusted with a layer of complete ***.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im aiming for 32k-35k dps without group buffs and already at level 26 (CP 810+) got 19k just with Stampede and spaming Wrecking bro (Moon Acolyte + Hundings).

Thanks for response, everyone! Will continue this road, though, no matter what )
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best advice: Get vigor, use it a lot proactively before taking damage, put it on your front bar.

Most new PvPers don’t heal themselves or at least not enough. That alone will be enough to dominate most beginner BGs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Slowly building my first stam character. Behold... Khajiit stamblade 2H/2H ! xd
    I want to make super off meta for vet dungeons and normal trials. Also i have vMA 2H.

I googled 2H/2H PvE builds and i found 0 (ZERO) builds. Absolutely nothing. DW/2H - yes, even DW/DW, but nothing for 2H/2H.

Any tips about bar skills i need to use?

If you are dead set on doing this, then here is my advice. You need to separate your two bars into Melee abilities and Range Abilites/Gap Closer. Here are the abilities I would suggest: Front Bar: Wrecking Blow, Carve, Killer's Blade, Barbed Trap, and Leaching Strikes. Back Bar: Soul Splitting Trap, Relentless Focus, Stampede, Vigor, and Flex Spot (momentum). As for ultimates: Flawless Dawnbreaker (front) and Incap (back). For gear - Relequen and Hunding/Automaton/Moon-Acolyte/Advancing Yokeda/Tzogin/Lokke…all of these sets are valid, you will not be wearing a monster set. Instead you need a master's 2h on your front bar and put a vMA 2h on your back. Why do you need the Master's 2h, because you are severely lacking in AoE damage and the master cleave will make up for a lot of it.

LA = Light Attack
    BS = Bar Swap

Always start a fight with leaching and Relentless focus going

As for rotation (this is a wild guess) - Soul Trap > LA > Stampede > LA > BS > Trap > LA > Carve > LA > Wrecking Blow > LA > BS > Assassin's Scourge > LA > BS > Wrecking Blow > LA > BS (repeat)

when you need to cast leaching again, just drop carve and for relentless drop stampede.

I am taking a wild guess, there is probably alterations that need to be made. Good luck mate.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are dead set on doing this, then here is my advice.
    Relequen is super meh for vet dlc dungeons, cuz almost everything there is moving like crazy, teleporting, has ads, immortal phases, mechanic phases. Or just dying too quick. It's not like bosses in some trials, when you just stand in packed group and DPS like parse dummy. In the end - it is off meta build.

Im looking at Moon + Sword Singer combo to maximize 2h skills potential, especially spaming Wrecking Bro )
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relequen is super meh for vet dlc dungeons, cuz almost everything there is moving like crazy, teleporting, has ads, immortal phases, mechanic phases. Or just dying too quick. It's not like bosses in some trials, when you just stand in packed group and DPS like parse dummy. In the end - it is off meta build.

Im looking at Moon + Sword Singer combo to maximize 2h skills potential, especially spaming Wrecking Bro )

Relequen and Advancing Yokeda probably aren't a good choice now that I have given it more thought. You don't want sets that stacks since you won't have a way to keep the damage at range. Sword-Singer is fine since a lot of your damage will be coming from 2H abilities.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im aiming for 32k-35k dps without group buffs and already at level 26 (CP 810+) got 19k just with Stampede and spaming Wrecking bro (Moon Acolyte + Hundings).

Thanks for response, everyone! Will continue this road, though, no matter what )

dont expect a linear progress with level. Crafting gear and CP buffs ur leveling dmg to the sky.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After I played with staves for a year the hardest part I found was actually running up to enemies to hit them. So that's my first tip.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    dont expect a linear progress with level
    well it's pretty much linear. Stats downscale from leveling will be metigated by passives i don't have yet (armor, racial, class, guilds, golden weapons etc).
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Relequen and Advancing Yokeda probably aren't a good choice now that I have given it more thought. You don't want sets that stacks since you won't have a way to keep the damage at range. Sword-Singer is fine since a lot of your damage will be coming from 2H abilities.

Might want to go with VO + Sunderflame. If OP is hell bent on all 2H or even all-melee, sustain is going to be a major issue. VO gives that and since heavy attacking has to make up the rest Sunderflame makes sense.

EDIT: New Moon makes very little sense with this build. Penetration should not be an issue with trials, so that is a wasted buff. Sometimes its an issue with dungeons, but running Sunderflame gives you minor breach and fracture near equal to the penetration of NMA and 4,000 flame damage. Most of your damage is going to come from abilities. Why make them more expensive to use in exchange for a bump in weapon damage?
    Edited by El_Borracho on December 11, 2019 11:05PM
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kept thinking about this, so I took it to the pts and tried a few things. My damage would have been higher, but I am really rusty with my nightblades and i got few lag spikes during the parse. If I really wanted, I probably could have maxed it around 60k, maybe a little higher like 62k tops though. The sets I used were New Moon Acolyte, Automaton, Master Sword (nirnhoned, frontbar), and Maelstrom Battleaxe (infused, backbar).

Frontbar: Wrecking Blow, Carve, Executioner, Relentless Focus, Barbed Trap, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Backbar: Soul Splitting Trap, Stampede, Barbed Trap, Leaching Strikes, Flex Ability, Incapacitating Strikes

When using Automaton or Sword-Singer, Wrecking Blow and Executioner perform better than Surprise Attack and Killer's Blade, but if you are not using either of those two sets.

I won't lie, it performed better than I thought it would, but I will leave it to you to master the rotation.

2h-nightblade.png
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on December 12, 2019 6:09AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    dont expect a linear progress with level
    well it's pretty much linear. Stats downscale from leveling will be metigated by passives i don't have yet (armor, racial, class, guilds, golden weapons etc).

you must have great passives, which doubles ur dmg.
    Edited by Luede on December 12, 2019 6:53AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h-nightblade.png

super impressive! Much appreciated. Will save this picture as example.
    Also, this is probably WORLD'S FIRST 2H/2H parse )

I have PTS too, but recently im geting 400+ stable ping from my region, i can't test anything with such delays.
    Edited by mocap on December 12, 2019 7:14AM
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last one, I wanted to hit 60k but the lag kept spiking, 59k will have to do. This is with Velidreth, Automaton, and NMA. Automaton Greatsword on frontbar. Otherwise everything else is the same as above. You can use this more for single target, but I would still recommend the Master's Greatsword for AoE cleave for mob fights.

2h-nightblade-v2.png
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a tendency to get fixated on things. Thrown on relequen in place of Automaton and you get this:

2h-nightblade-rele-nma-veli.png

I was going to do Lokke too, but I keep lagging every single parse...I pretty sure I could hit 70k...
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on December 12, 2019 8:21AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shelve the stamblade

Roll a stam necro because they are currently the highest stam dps atm and wanted most in end game trials/dungeons
    Beta tester November 2013
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Shelve the stamblade

Roll a stam necro because they are currently the highest stam dps atm and wanted most in end game trials/dungeons

Yup. I still love my stamblade but necro is DPS for dummies