Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My inn rooms: #1 - Mara’s Kiss

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
My inn rooms were empty for a couple years. I just couldn’t imagine how to create the look I want to having only 30 slots. Yet last night I challenged the hardest: Mara’s Kiss Public House room. This led me an idea to furnish all the inn rooms as follows:
1. Cozy and truly functional for a traveler.
2. Local style – if it is an Altmer city, Altmer style as much as possible.

Here’s the outcome: Mara’s Kiss 30 slots

r2X9Gv6.jpg

exlPkBc.jpg

UfDN4YG.jpg

Altmer aesthetics is addictive, so next room will be an Alinor one!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it, i do find it fun the challenge of making a decent room with only 30 slots and you definatly suceeded here.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the Alinor one.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I swear your Mara’s Kiss room looks much larger than mine!

lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely work! You maximized the space well! :smiley:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for sharing! I've got an Altmer bed in mine, but it doesn't fit like yours does. Mine is a different style from yours so maybe I need to try one of the other versions, as mine only fits at an odd angle.

I also love decorating my inn rooms in the local style and to make it functional for a traveler, so it's more than just a bed and wardrobe/trunk, etc. I usually have a desk and some seating, but Mara's Kiss doesn't allow for much. I'm going to take another crack at it after seeing yours.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your other inn rooms!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice. :smile:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Thanks so much for sharing! I've got an Altmer bed in mine, but it doesn't fit like yours does.

It clips slightly, placed that way.

Might be worth it for the extra space it frees up, though.

Sadly, my brain won't let me do that - if I try, it keeps saying "But, you couldn't do that in real life!" and I have to move it, lol.

You can even put a double bed in there, diagonally, if you don't mind the back of the headboard clipping with the windowsill.

Again, I can't bring myself to do it, even though you can't even see the clipping from the front...

I placed a single Altmer bed lengthways down the room.

It's the only way it doesn't clip and is still parallel to the wall.

Edited by Tigerseye on December 10, 2019 3:52AM
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks better than the bigger ones! Keep it up
    Dirtybyrd
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Thanks so much for sharing! I've got an Altmer bed in mine, but it doesn't fit like yours does.

It clips slightly, placed that way.

Might be worth it for the extra space it frees up, though.

Sadly, my brain won't let me do that - if I try, it keeps saying "But, you couldn't do that in real life!" and I have to move it, lol.

You can even put a double bed in there, diagonally, if you don't mind the back of the headboard clipping with the windowsill.

Again, I can't bring myself to do it, even though you can't even see the clipping from the front...

I placed a single Altmer bed lengthways down the room.

It's the only way it doesn't clip and is still parallel to the wall.

Ah, ok! I thought maybe one of the Altmer beds actually fit that way, without clipping. I also cannot place anything in a way that it would clip into something - unless it's on purpose, like pushing part of something into a wall or floor if you want to only have certain parts visible.

I have actually fit my bed in diagonally on one side, with no clipping, but it takes up a lot of real estate that way.
  • Nila
    Nila
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely and cosy <3
    PC EU
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently redid my Mara's Inn with idea of making it a bit of a loft apartment for the Assistant Banker. Fae provides the tour.
    ty6qcqe4j2g7.png

cod1zfo6zpee.png
    mqyd62wqadkn.png
    d6mdqsgk2s4s.png
    2jxkyshd9bgj.png

Edited by faeeichenlaub on December 11, 2019 11:17AM
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."