The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

(HOUSE ITEM SUGGESTION) Singing NPC

Xanathos
Xanathos
✭✭✭
Greeting,
visiting many ingame towns, inns or crafting area its not hard to meet singing npc which make time spend in that area more comfortable and relaxing.
My suggestion is to add new NPC for house, not assistant, only "object" to place in house.
I very excited to see at first Khajiit NPC like that one in Rimmen crafting area:
xjjozr99zi0n.jpg
That NPC could sing same melody in same time as that one in specific area.

Please post you opinion about that type addition to Your homes.
Edited by Xanathos on December 9, 2019 4:56PM
  • SkoomaPie
    SkoomaPie
    ✭✭✭
    It would definitely make houses feel more alive that's for sure.
    Xbox Gt: SkoomaPie
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More NPC in general would be amazing it shouldnt be so hard to add them either (though moving ones would a tad tricky)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a bard for my houses, but only if they use the Malukah version audio. Last thing I want is some warbling altmer bringing the tone down.
    Edited by Thannazzar on December 8, 2019 11:47PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Need a nice nord bard/songstress for my meadhall
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to have more NPCs to populate our homes and a bard would be wonderful, especially the bard in the Rimmen crafting area, as pictured in the first post! <3
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a target dummy that's singing "Last Christmas" as long as it is alive?
    Would increase the average serverwide DPS by 200%.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Xanathos
    Xanathos
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    I'd love a bard for my houses, but only if they use the Malukah version audio. Last thing I want is some warbling altmer bringing the tone down.

There are many option, as we all known, there are many bards of almost each race and male/female version. For me i ready even buy Khajit bard (like that in Rimmen) for 5000 crowns.
  • Xanathos
    Xanathos
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to have more NPCs to populate our homes and a bard would be wonderful, especially the bard in the Rimmen crafting area, as pictured in the first post! <3

There is also male version (that Lion like Khajiit) in one room of Senchal, but female verion sound better :P
  • Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    Nice,
    I didn't know someone is also interested in bard songs and eso music (my favorite is lute).
    I love to spend time in ESO in taverns just becouse the music without unnecessary horse riders mounting sounds :P
    Would also love to see some bards playing in homes, it's rly relaxing and would be great to combine it with nice view or self-build house even if spending high amount of crowns for it.

Hm I also would undestand some limitations of server performance why Bethesda didn't implement them before, but as i see in shop music boxes with music that are poorly being able to hear more than 3 min ... I truly dunno why we didn't get music npc yet. (btw there is also singing achivement wall from elswyr i think)
    Also made some feedback posts few times for it but i don't know if someone actually read it.

I have my fingers crossed and hope for @Bethesda to make playing npc/furniture type simmilar to achivement wall in near future for us ^^
    Maybe with next year patches / new releases?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need NPCs, with logical pathing and idle activities, for our homes. Of any kind. Add this one to the list.

I don't know if i would ever have this myself, unless i can toggle it off, but i know the players would live this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    unless i can toggle it off.

I agree caouse everyone can be in diffrent mood in various situations and think that this option is a "must have" to everything what initiates any action.
    Anyway all simmilar items ingame already have it.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isskander wrote: »
    Nice,
    I didn't know someone is also interested in bard songs and eso music (my favorite is lute).
    I love to spend time in ESO in taverns just becouse the music without unnecessary horse riders mounting sounds :P
    Would also love to see some bards playing in homes, it's rly relaxing and would be great to combine it with nice view or self-build house even if spending high amount of crowns for it.

Hm I also would undestand some limitations of server performance why Bethesda didn't implement them before, but as i see in shop music boxes with music that are poorly being able to hear more than 3 min ... I truly dunno why we didn't get music npc yet. (btw there is also singing achivement wall from elswyr i think)
    Also made some feedback posts few times for it but i don't know if someone actually read it.

I have my fingers crossed and hope for @Bethesda to make playing npc/furniture type simmilar to achivement wall in near future for us ^^
    Maybe with next year patches / new releases?

Many players asked for a bard, but ZOS gave us music boxes instead - one song per box. I'd much rather have had a bard that could sing a variety of songs, but I suspect ZOS thought they could make more money going the music box route. I haven't bought a single one.