Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engine Guardian Arms Pack

Dirtybyrd
Dirtybyrd
✭✭✭✭
Will it return and if we can get a time frame! I was away and missed it during the time it was out and I really liked the staff so I went out and got myself the Style Page: Opal Engine Guardian Staff and than I saw it could not be dyed and that was an upset. But if I can get any info that will be greatly appreciated lN3JcW0.png
Dirtybyrd
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most return sooner or later, usually if they can be linked to some thematic ingame event...such as iceheart now with the newlife festival....so maybe well see it again with a dwemer themed event...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully soon for you, @Dirtybyrd ... I can recommend wearing any kind of Refabricated Style with the Engine Guardian staff.

C15HArd.png

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 8, 2019 11:43AM
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully soon for you, @Dirtybyrd ... I can recommend wearing any kind of Refabricated Style with the Engine Guardian staff.

C15HArd.png

Thank you and I am can't wait till the pack returns so I can dye it to look almost as good as yours :)
    ELzXpvL.png
    Dirtybyrd
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engine Guardian and the Ice style are the two I had to buy, they both look so good...Love the lightning on the staff.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C15HArd.png

Unfortunately, the same recommendation cannot be given for the Engine Guardian shoulder piece, because it clips with the Refabricated chest piece quite visibly in the "ribs" part of the shoulder piece, due to the somewhat elevated parts of the shoulder area of the Refabricated chest pieces. While the clipping can be camouflaged to a certain extent by dyes, it is not what I was expecting. I find it regrettable that two such great outfit styles do not work together smoothly.

Refabricated Heavy:
    0MpNbQi.png

Refabricated Medium:
    C0VrQgb.png

Refabricated Light:
    E6U956Q.png

This is the Dwemer Heavy armour for comparison. It does not clip at all (the shoulder area is quite flat), however, being an older Motif, its resolution is visibly a bit lower:
    pmQITN4.png

In case anyone is wondering about the sword used on the screenshots, they are the the Dwarven Remnant Sword from the Dragonscale Crown Crates and the Engine Guardian Shield from the Engine Guardian Arms Pack.

By the way, the Heavy armour is dyed with Dwarven Brass (as is the Engine Guardian shoulder piece), while the Medium and Light armours are dyed with Mastic Yellow. The Dwarven Brass looks much much darker on the Medium and Light armours.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's that aquarium from?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Where's that aquarium from?

It was made with the best housing addon https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html and other items
    Dirtybyrd
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dirtybyrd
  • Wodensbeard
    Wodensbeard
    Soul Shriven
    I'd Love to see the engine guardian arms pack back, I was very new to the game and didn't realize it'd be well more than a year before it would come around again.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far, the only monster arms pack that came back was Iceheart for the New Life festival. Other than that, we haven't gotten rereleases of any of them.

There are now 40 dungeons, and that'll go up by 2 around August. We've seen 20 of those come out as styles, with number 21 coming up next month, and a further 6 have been datamined.

If we're getting these monthly, it'll be ages before they loop. And around the new year, we also went a few weeks with no monster sets available.

What I'd like to see is them start to do what they do with crates: bring back an older set for a week or so while another set is active. Example: what if next week they also let us get Lord Warden's set, even though Balorgh is still active.