The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

an hour penalty for leaving a dungeoin when the players clearly cant win it?

Lady_Linux
Lady_Linux
✭✭✭✭✭
whose crazy idea is that?
I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot or it didn’t happen ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour?
    The longest penalty I've ever had for a dungeon was the 15-minute deserter penalty.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mama always told me pugging was like a box of chocolates.

Also, there is not a 1 hour timer for leaving the group early unless your timer (and yours alone) bugs out to exactly 60 minutes.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If true that sounds like a bug. 15 min is the standard and IIRC the countdown starts as soon as you enter. If you give it a good go for 15 minutes and then leave then you dont get a penalty.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, they could add a "give up" vote, like a kick vote. If enough of the party votes to give up, everyone leaves with no penalty? (Perhaps have a minimum time before it can be done, or minimum number of player deaths?)
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn’t even a penalty after you spent a certain amount of time in the dungeon. I’ve quit halfway into dungeons because the team literally just sucks and not have to wait.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omfg. Yeah bad Zos. They should also, besides a vote button with "I'm a Muppet that is not capable to finish this, daddy I quit", put a full loot drop, cancel a penalty time and give additional drops and 50 gems so you don't feel bad.

Ffs just uninstall.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, they could add a "give up" vote, like a kick vote. If enough of the party votes to give up, everyone leaves with no penalty? (Perhaps have a minimum time before it can be done, or minimum number of player deaths?)

The timer starts the moment you begin your dungeon. If you are in the dungeon for 15 minutes and quit, there is no penalty. If you quit 5 minutes in, then you have a 10 minute penalty. It is more accurate to describe it as a delay between using the dungeon finder.

Unless this has changed with Dragonhold (and if it has, they should revert it back), the system you just described is already in effect, and that is, after 15 minutes, if you can't win, you can quit without penalty.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to remove the penalty altogether this penalty is just a pain for good players that can't or don't want to carry...
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    They just need to remove the penalty altogether this penalty is just a pain for good players that can't or don't want to carry...

The penalty is largely in place to prevent players from queuing for the daily random dungeon, only to drop and requeue until they get the easy dungeon they want. Its to encourage players to actually spend at least 15 minutes trying the dungeon they get - although, usually the only way you take the full 15 minute penalty is if you arrive, form a snap judgment of your groupmates, and drop group.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On pugs random normal my cp healer typically pulls 40% of damage plus healing and some defense according to combat metrics... i dont mind at all.... whn i am pulling 60% of damage i dont think we are going to get through wgt....
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly as they would not have had any penalty if they actually spent the time to try.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Exactly as they would not have had any penalty if they actually spent the time to try.

Only takes one boss to see we wont get through wgt

BTW, I use arch too
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »

Well, sure. But where I'm confused is this hour penalty.

That's not how Groupfinder is supposed to work. At max, there's a fifteen minute leave penalty that starts when you enter the dungeon. If you ran the first boss, it should be leas time than that.

So if you got an hour-long penalty where you couldn't requeue, that's got to be a bug. Maybe you should put in a Support ticket on it?
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 8, 2019 11:37PM
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this stupid penalties always looks like a joke to me. Especially in ESO, where simple BG or dungeon run may become torture because of bugs, lags and inadequate randoms.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not how Groupfinder is supposed to work. At max, there's a fifteen minute leave penalty that starts when you enter the dungeon. If you ran the first boss,

So if you got an hour-long penalty where you couldn't requeue, that's got to be a bug. Maybe you should put in a Support ticket on it?

it was actually 52 minutes.... i cal it an hour.. should have taken a screen shot.

BTW, I use arch too
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not how Groupfinder is supposed to work. At max, there's a fifteen minute leave penalty that starts when you enter the dungeon. If you ran the first boss,

it was actually 52 minutes.... i cal it an hour.. should have taken a screen shot.

You should absolutely submit a bug report. It's supposed to be 15 minutes from the time the activity starts. I'm guessing 52 minutes was because you spent 8 minutes in the dungeon, so you should have been left with a 7-minute penalty.
    The Moot Councillor
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is of the utmost importance that you try as hard as you can to replicate this situation as you are the only person I've ever heard (out of millions playing) that experiences anything other than a 15 minute cooldown. The fact that it's 52 minutes exactly is extra perplexing. You seem to have found some sort of super bug that needs to be brought to the attention of the devs right away. Either that or it was 15 minutes and you're exaggerating.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think timer's have been a bit buggy, I tried to get unstuck in Cyro after someone knocked me into a tower door, only to be told I'd used /stuck too recently.

I haven't used /stuck in days.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is of the utmost importance that you try as hard as you can to replicate this situation as you are the only person I've ever heard (out of millions playing) that experiences anything other than a 15 minute cooldown. The fact that it's 52 minutes exactly is extra perplexing. You seem to have found some sort of super bug that needs to be brought to the attention of the devs right away. Either that or it was 15 minutes and you're exaggerating.

The only thing I could imagine that could maybe have lead to this one hour penalty is if the 4 15-minute penalties of everyone somehow got stacked on just one person - minus the time they actually spent in the dungeon. No idea if this could actually be a thing but it would, sort of, explain that weird time.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hour penalty is a glitch. I've only had it happen twice before, but it's real.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The LO is not an hour. It is about 15 minutes from the time you accept the queue. So submit a bug report. Best to do it in game, second best is in the Bug Report sub forum. Posting this in general seems more like it is complaining for the sake of complaining.