The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Tips on improving Eso performance

AmeenHania
"In my previous thread I mentioned that Windows 10 had improved the performance for ESO, though the full effects would most be felt by Nvidia users. I have some tips would should work for both AMD and Nvidia users which should give you a smoother experience in your games. In terms of framerate the benefits based on your hardware will vary, i'd guess anything from a whopping 0% up to 4-5% increase in FPS, however these changes are more about creating smoother gameplay rather than raising the FPS. These tips will include terms specific to the Nvidia control panel but i'm sure there will be a Radeon equivalent.

First go to your game settings make sure Vsync is OFF and you are in Fullscreen mode (not Windowed(Fullscreen)) then find out your monitor refresh rate, mine is 144hz, for this to work we'll need it to be either 120hz or 60hz (Though since ESO has a cap of 100fps so you'll need to set it to 60hz unless you want to raise the cap by tweaking some ESO config files (guide at the end). Some games allow you to set the refresh rate in-game but for those that don't you should be able to set it in your GPU's control panel, for Nvidia it's Display>Change Resolution, the Hz rate is off to the side.

Once it's set to 120hz or 60hz open up Nvidia Inspector (for Nvidia users) or Radeon Pro (for Radeon users) and set Vsync to Force On / Always On, turn ON Triple Buffering, then use the Frame Rate Limiter / Dynamic frame rate control to set the FPS to 2 below the refresh rate, 118 (for 120hz) or 58 (for 60hz). It is important to note however, that if you have an SLI/Crossfire setup or Multi-GPU card you should set Triple Buffering to OFF. The first optional step is to set Power Management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance, this should prevent the GPU from underclocking, though this will use more power. The 2nd optional step is to set Maximum pre-rendered frames / Flip Queue Size to 2 or 1.

The final step (I only know the Nvidia terms for this). Go to ESO profile in the Nvidia Control panel, set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x, make sure Gamma Correction is OFF, Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimisation is ON, Texture Filtering - Quality is set to High Performance and Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation is ON. Despite being optimisations they will have no noticable impact on visual quality but should increase your framerate by up to 4% on some machines. Doing all of this should make ESO much smoother while giving a small FPS boost to boot. I can't guarantee the exact impact this will have on your game(s) since all rigs are different but you should get something regardless, I personally no longer drop any frames while exploring and remain consistent while in towns/hubs (I used the 60hz/58fps setting). Enjoy

RAISING ESO FPS CAP.
Go to Documents, Elder Scrolls Online, liveeu, UserSettings (make a copy of this file before making any changes) and look for SET MinFrameTime, this determines the FPS cap ESO has, by default this is 100, using Nvidia Inspector/RadeonPro to cap the FPS to 58 might be quicker but if you have a meaty rig that can get above 120fps and want to do the 120hz -118 fps cap you'll need to raise ESO's default limit. It should start out as SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000" for 120fps you'll change this to SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.00845000". This guide goes more in-depth with this https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/38v4ld/guide_how_to_limit_your_framerate_in_eso_for/"

-quoted source :https://orderofthepie.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/7589916/id/25511986-tips-on-improving-eso-performance-should-work-for-most-games-too

"For anyone who needs to limit the Elder Scrolls Online's framerate any reason including tearing above your monitor's refresh rate, to make sure G-Sync stays enabled full-time, or raise the default limit of 100fps if you're using, for example, a 120hz or 144hz display, you can edit the usersettings.ini file in your "Documents" folder under Elder Scrolls Online\live. You can see how to find/edit it below, and I'll list the line you'll want to change after the picture. I'll add in some tech stuff but also I'll plain-English it if you just want to know what to change :), too!

(You can see this post with a little bit better formatting in its home thread on the official ESO forums here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173780/ but I have copied the info to Reddit for people at work or who can't go to them for whatever other reason.)

Image link: http://i.imgur.com/9VQE9bh.jpg

The line you'll want, by default (unless you have changed it previously) will be this:

SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000"

This is the value in seconds, or in other words, a second divided by this number, that the game is allowed to render frames for display output (layman's terminology: the FPS limit =)). You can change this to any number you would like by altering the number in quotation marks in that line. For example, 60 frames per second is 16.66e milliseconds mathematically, or essentially every 16.6 milliseconds with the 6 after the decimal repeating infinitely. If you wanted to limit your framerate to 60 fps to keep heat/power use down, you could change the line to look like this, instead:

SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01680000"

Why didn't I say to just do sixes in there? Because the number is what the game engine is told to aim for, and the actual framerate will vary a little depending on what's happening in-game just by the nature of how it all works internally. By adding in a little bit of a lower limit, this will generally keep it from exceeding 60 fps, but not limit it to much less either. If you need to stay below a specific frame rate, make sure you add this kind of extra time buffer in the number you enter.

Quickly and easily, here are some of the common framerates you might want to set as limits, and a line you can just copy in to do so, pasting it to replace the existing one. Remember, you can always paste the stock one back if you goof it! You won't cause anything to actually go wrong if you make a mistake. To calculate your own, simply use a calculator to divide 1 (one) by the number of frames per second you want. Then, add around 5% (1/20th) of the number you get onto itself and use it:

30 FPS SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.03450000"

60 FPS SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01680000"

96 FPS SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01042000"

120 FPS SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.00845000"

144 FPS SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.00705000"

For G-Sync users, add a little extra padding (~10% instead of 5% as described above) to make sure you don't have your framerate exceed your monitor's refresh rate, which causes G-Sync to disable itself temporarily until the framerate goes back down below that level. For 60hz on my 4K G-Sync monitor, I use...

SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01700000"

...to ensure that it doesn't go above 60. Another easy alternative is to use a program like MSI Afterburner's "RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server)" to set a global framerate limit for any Direct3D/DirectX game, which usually is able to work within 0.1-0.2 FPS of the limit you set with the caveat that due to doing it at the OS level rather than the game itself, will add an extremely minor amount of input lag (generally, only tournament-level competitive gamers will even perceive this, but I did want to note it)."

quoted source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/38v4ld/guide_how_to_limit_your_framerate_in_eso_for/

-also make sure you turn off addons that may reduce your performance.