Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a viable BG build for Melee Nightblade - Build that doesnt get you melted in 2 seconds.

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Title. I've been actually getting pretty bored with the game lately on my Stamblade. And by bored, I mean so much that I actually would rather go to sleep than play. (Actually happened twice now)

I'm making this thread simply cause of getting tired of 0 flavour, 0 skill ballgroups utilizing heavy AoE and Coordinated burst, while being shockingly incompetent 1v1. (Which also gets boring pretty quick.)

As a result my main barely gets used in battlegrounds, and pretty much just camps Imperial City. BGs are my favourite passtime so I would love to find out about any good stamblade builds out there that actually allow you to not feel like a useless piece of old skin on the battlefield and let you have at least some sort of impact, in heavy unavoidable damage-controlled enviroment.

Would prefer Melee, altho ranged can also work with me, if it has at least some depth to it. I have tried several different builds, and while my own gank setup works awesome for solo or picking people off, it's absolutely useless in a just about any other outnumbered situation. I'm just tired of looking/farming/trying out & failing at this point. Tired of spending 1 000 000s of gold and priceless hours on maxing out sets and builds, so bear with me here, please.

I cannot seem to be able to figure this one out myself, with perfect balance of healing/damage/protection. At least not on a Nightblade. It seems outright impossible. Where I have 5 different effective well balanced builds for DK and Templar, on NB i have none.

Would anyone happen to have any good links, ideas, please?
Edited by Nyladreas on December 6, 2019 8:47PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, i'd like to help you but i dont think i can. regarding melee nb and how delayed they are now (assassin's will / ults) and the lack of efficient aoes in its toolkit (because yes, aoes and undelayed things are what's mandatory to any decent build):
    you wont find any nb build on par with a dk/templar/warden build.

i'm not saying NB are bad. they can be efficient in some situations, but they are just very teddious to play, and they just cant have "balanced" build. they'll lack of something, whatever way you look at it. beside bringing nothing to your team ofc.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    well, i'd like to help you but i dont think i can. regarding melee nb and how delayed they are now (assassin's will / ults) and the lack of efficient aoes in its toolkit (because yes, aoes and undelayed things are what's mandatory to any decent build):
    you wont find any nb build on par with a dk/templar/warden build.

i'm not saying NB are bad. they can be efficient in some situations, but they are just very teddious to play, and they just cant have "balanced" build. they'll lack of something, whatever way you look at it. beside bringing nothing to your team ofc.

Great, that only confirms my feelings.

Ima just delete this piece of *** class and move on then. Thanks :)

Time to re-roll my main, since ZOS doesn't offer class change tokens, and likely never will. Sigh.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 6, 2019 9:14PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont be this rude! :p

NB may not be on the highest spot, it's still enjoyable and doesnt deserve to be delete.

it could also be on top again in a few months/years.

just reroll if you enjoy izi play until nb becomes less tedious to make profit of.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaan, Caluurian and 2H ultimate. Instant win.
    PC EU
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    dont be this rude! :p

NB may not be on the highest spot, it's still enjoyable and doesnt deserve to be delete.

it could also be on top again in a few months/years.

just reroll if you enjoy izi play until nb becomes less tedious to make profit of.

I don't much mind difficulty but rather the fact that I just cannot seem to be effective as other classes and have to play with a sort of niche or actually stick to a limited playstyle.

If skull was the only barrier then I wouldn't mind in the least. But thank you for trying to motivate me not to delete it. I used to be hopeful but lately I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Who knows... Maybe I'll just keep it for the sake of writs now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zaan, Caluurian and 2H ultimate. Instant win.

There’s some truth to this. I think even Magblade is in a better spot than stamblade. Can you imagine if snipe desyncs ever get fixed?

Don’t delete your character though, have multiple characters. Brawler NBs don’t work right now, but might in the future, the game changes all the time.

For spec I’d try a higher health and sustain rollerblade with dark cloak. Just don’t pick your own targets, find the tanky one in your group and follow them around. Make sure your light attack weaving is solid, NBs are a gimped class without light attack weaving.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 7, 2019 2:42PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current BG build is working pretty great. Making a reveal in a few days.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First step, switch to DK.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I’ll mention about making a new character and how to build. I’ve noticed this from making a new character and seeing different play styles and working my way back up the MMR ranks.

New PvPers: don’t heal themselves
    Low MMR rank pvpers: don’t heal themselves enough
    Middle rank MMR pvpers: don’t heal themselves enough
    Middle rank PvPers in premades: don’t heal themselves enough, use a healer to cover their crappy play

See a trend? Front bar vigor always. Cast it before you engage like a buff. For some reason people think that loading up all on damage abilities helps them when they get blown up in 2 seconds.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 7, 2019 3:14PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    One thing I’ll mention about making a new character and how to build. I’ve noticed this from making a new character and seeing different play styles and working my way back up the MMR ranks.

Middle rank PvPers in premades: don’t heal themselves enough, use a healer to cover their crappy play

See a trend? Front bar vigor always. Cast it before you engage like a buff. For some reason people think that loading up all on damage abilities helps them when they get blown up in 2 seconds.

StamNB can't afford to front bar Vigor though, outside DW builds.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Titanbrandd does I’m pretty sure, I think he’s the best stamblade I’ve seen. Some things you have to make space for.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Titanbrandd does I’m pretty sure, I think he’s the best stamblade I’ve seen. Some things you have to make space for.

2H/Bow can not front bar Vigor though. If you have both Rally and Vigor on one bar, firstly that leaves only three skill bars for offense skills and also leaves you without an heal on Bow bar, which is the bar in which StamNBs spend majority of time in in. DW/S&B builds front-bar Vigor, but only because they have Rally back bar. Also stamNBs rely on Rally more than Vigor as a stamNB, you can avoid tons of damage, even on BGs. Right now 2h/Bow rollerblades are stronger than all kinds of brawlerblades and every rollerblade build right now is using two body damage sets on body as well as Camo Hunter/Ambush front bar, removing any possible space for Vigor front bar.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2H/Bow can not front bar Vigor though. If you have both Rally and Vigor on one bar, firstly that leaves only three skill bars for offense skills and also leaves you without an heal on Bow bar, which is the bar in which StamNBs spend majority of time in in. DW/S&B builds front-bar Vigor, but only because they have Rally back bar. Also stamNBs rely on Rally more than Vigor as a stamNB, you can avoid tons of damage, even on BGs. Right now 2h/Bow rollerblades are stronger than all kinds of brawlerblades and every rollerblade build right now is using two body damage sets on body as well as Camo Hunter/Ambush front bar, removing any possible space for Vigor front bar.

Yea, IDK stamblade specifics. I tried making one and don’t have the temperament/patience for it, I used echoing vigor and Soul Siphon because I was used to healing.

I’m probably the worst person to give advice on playing the class, I really stunk at it. I just tried kill stealing all the time, something magblade is better at doing so I switched it to a magblade.

I have noticed playing against them they’re usually squishy. The ones who get good BG stats just kill steal with snipe when others have almost killed someone. When I see one I immediately toppling charge and Sweeps spam, it’s all you really need to kill one because they’re squishy and lack self healing to recover. They might start dodge rolling to avoid some damage, but with dodge roll costing 4.5k and sweeps costing 2k them dying is inevitable.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 7, 2019 5:11PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use this bar set up and change the gear around is my suggestion https://dottzgaming.com/build/shadow-walker-magicka-nightblade-pvp-build/

It's kinda melee due to how lotus works and then you get the nice heal from merciless. Magblade is in a pretty weird and not so great place right now so I wouldn't expect a whole lot from it.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's not what you're asking, but have you tried magblade? I feel like I have a lot of range in no-CP PvP to try out way different set combos and skill setups on magblade. I've used 2H Onslaught builds, max magicka-stacking healer, and a New Moon's + Marauder's haste build (+88% movement speed fully buffed!!), all of which have been fun and successful.

I often find when I'm bored with one class or spec, it helps to switch it up and come back to the character later. Also learn a lot that way about how other classes are faring in the current meta
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it's not what you're asking, but have you tried magblade? I feel like I have a lot of range in no-CP PvP to try out way different set combos and skill setups on magblade. I've used 2H Onslaught builds, max magicka-stacking healer, and a New Moon's + Marauder's haste build (+88% movement speed fully buffed!!), all of which have been fun and successful.

I often find when I'm bored with one class or spec, it helps to switch it up and come back to the character later. Also learn a lot that way about how other classes are faring in the current meta

Thank you for the effort but the thing is: I have a magblade setup on a different character. Also, I'm 100% happy with that one and how it works. I want my main to be a stamblade as that was the idea I created her with, in the beginning. There is no point for me to play that character if i don't make it work nicely somehow.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Thank you for the effort but the thing is: I have a magblade setup on a different character. Also, I'm 100% happy with that one and how it works. I want my main to be a stamblade as that was the idea I created her with, in the beginning. There is no point for me to play that character if i don't make it work nicely somehow.

Not going to lie. People are stuck in the past and magblade is better imo. If s not great, but better.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not going to lie. People are stuck in the past and magblade is better imo. If s not great, but better.

Like I said, I have a magblade that I regularly play, and I am satisfied with it. I would, however, like to have a good functional build on my stamblade, for the sake of utilizing my first ever character. There's a connection to that character. I've done all on that said character, from quests, over exploration, to the most difficult achievements. I technically COULD switch to Magicka for the sake of staying sane, until they switch how classes operate again...

Ughhh it pains me though...

Is there perhaps a good magbuild that you can suggest, that you think could play with dual wield, so I could at least pretend?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Like I said, I have a magblade that I regularly play, and I am satisfied with it. I would, however, like to have a good functional build on my stamblade, for the sake of utilizing my first ever character. There's a connection to that character. I've done all on that said character, from quests, over exploration, to the most difficult achievements. I technically COULD switch to Magicka for the sake of staying sane, until they switch how classes operate again...

Ughhh it pains me though...

Is there perhaps a good magbuild that you can suggest, that you think could play with dual wield, so I could at least pretend?

I’m the same way as a magblade. Switched to magtemplar because NB has been over nerfed. One day maybe I’ll switch back, I’m waiting to see what the next couple of patches will bring.

I’ve tried lots of different combinations to make magblade work. If you play no-CP there’s a pelinals 2h gankerish build with onslaught build that works. If you play CP there’s a DW small scale/large scale healer build that works but doesn’t work well in BGs. I can link them if you’re interested.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 8, 2019 7:06PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair