The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Straw Furnishing Request

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please can you consider adding a flattish, rectangular straw furnishing (ideally, in a couple of sizes)?

Straw is really needed to furnish stables and barns.

I know there is a Strawpile and various Hay Beds, but neither are really suitable for use as bedding for animals.

I've tried turning the Rough Hay Bed, Tidy over, but not only does the cloth still show a bit, the furnishing turns a darker colour when upsidedown.

Presumably, the latter would also happen with the Strawpile and also, it's round, so it won't fit into the corners of the barns/stables without showing on the outside of the buildings.

At the moment, I'm having to use 52 x Crop, Wheat Stacks to fill the stable in the Snowglobe.

Not only is that, obviously, extremely wasteful of slots, it's also not ideal, visually.

As no one uses whole sheaves of wheat as bedding for horses.
Edited by Tigerseye on December 5, 2019 10:51PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's a lot of regular items we don't really have. Regular hay is one of them, there's also a lack of faucets (not spigots, not cranks, not creatively placed barrels), a lack of a painting stand (we got paintings, and a palette, BUT a pottery wheel instead of an easel, why), a lack of diverse chamberpots (I keep using the Assembly General head and custom potty chairs with the Striated Breton Urn in all my homes and it does get boring), and no plant planters either.

I also tend to use the Rough Bed, Hay Tidy for my stables - and pretend that I gave my mounts blankets or something ... :no_mouth: But yeah it's not proper hay, and neither are the Wheat Stacks. I shudder to think how many slots you end up wasting, when it could be so easy for ZOS to add a proper items for such a commonly used purpose!

You'll be happy to hear, I think, that the Straw Pile does have an 'appropriate bottom' :smiley: it's still not perfect because the Pile is quite tall so you'll still need to buy several items and flip them, but they have the correct colour and texture.
    r6zojpvbfek4.png

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a similar note, it would be wonderful to have flattish furnishing pieces for both grass and sand. The former would be very useful for making rocky or even paved areas more verdant without trying to cover the ground with a bizillion plants (just a green ground texture would be nice, but if it had some added dimension of small plant life to it, like the terrace garden of the Alinor Crest Townhouse, that would be AWESOME). The latter I would like for using the sand meditation circles to make a rock garden (they don’t look right to me other surfaces).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a lot of regular items we don't really have. Regular hay is one of them, there's also a lack of faucets (not spigots, not cranks, not creatively placed barrels), a lack of a painting stand (we got paintings, and a palette, BUT a pottery wheel instead of an easel, why), a lack of diverse chamberpots (I keep using the Assembly General head and custom potty chairs with the Striated Breton Urn in all my homes and it does get boring), and no plant planters either.

I also tend to use the Rough Bed, Hay Tidy for my stables - and pretend that I gave my mounts blankets or something ... :no_mouth: But yeah it's not proper hay, and neither are the Wheat Stacks. I shudder to think how many slots you end up wasting, when it could be so easy for ZOS to add a proper items for such a commonly used purpose!

You'll be happy to hear, I think, that the Straw Pile does have an 'appropriate bottom' :smiley: it's still not perfect because the Pile is quite tall so you'll still need to buy several items and flip them, but they have the correct colour and texture.
    r6zojpvbfek4.png

Ah, thank you. :smile:

It's still round at the edges, though (and quite small), so a flatter, rectangular pile would be better.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a similar note, it would be wonderful to have flattish furnishing pieces for both grass and sand. The former would be very useful for making rocky or even paved areas more verdant without trying to cover the ground with a bizillion plants (just a green ground texture would be nice, but if it had some added dimension of small plant life to it, like the terrace garden of the Alinor Crest Townhouse, that would be AWESOME). The latter I would like for using the sand meditation circles to make a rock garden (they don’t look right to me other surfaces).

Yes, it would and also patches of soil in various sizes and shapes.

Some for containers and some to just place on the ground, as flower beds.

Also, soil filled versions of containers.

We still don't have the Alinor planters with the soil and flowers in them, do we?
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re asking for too much! No hay and dirt for you!! ;)

I use hay beds and flipped upside down cwc junk piles for dirt (thanks to @swankery for the latter idea). I know they aren’t ideal but they look pretty good. Also, eht, but I know you aren’t eht-y so I’ll leave it at that
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re asking for too much! No hay and dirt for you!! ;)

I use hay beds and flipped upside down cwc junk piles for dirt (thanks to @swankery for the latter idea). I know they aren’t ideal but they look pretty good. Also, eht, but I know you aren’t eht-y so I’ll leave it at that

lol, I know - I'm probably being far too demanding, here.

The junk piles sound like a good idea - thank you. :smile: