The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch crates - Why are they not a guaranteed drop?

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am thankful for the offchance to get my 4 gems (sometimes 5) but not knowing if you watched enough or did something wrong the day before its really annoying.

Just either tell us we did or didn't get one, and let us get on with our lives. Not everyone wants to watch PC players PVP while they speak in heavy accents for 6 hours.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    people got too many crown gems. zos wants people to buy crates to get gems
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were a guaranteed drop, players would watch for just over 10 minutes and then tune out. With it being random and players not knowing whether or not they got one or the exact way the RNG works, they tune in for longer for that chance to get the crate. Free advertising for ZOS as the expense of transparency. They want you watching the streams. The crates are just the bait to get you there.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they were a guaranteed drop, players would watch for just over 10 minutes and then tune out. With it being random and players not knowing whether or not they got one or the exact way the RNG works, they tune in for longer for that chance to get the crate. Free advertising for ZOS as the expense of transparency. They want you watching the streams. The crates are just the bait to get you there.

They are really sendnig mixed signals with these things.

Free crates! Yay!
    But they wont have anything good! Boo!
    But they'll give free gems! Yay!
    But you wont get one each day you watch, even if you watch 6 hours! Boo!

They walk a fine line between useless and manditory.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IM watching like 5 streams at once, does this increase my drop chances?
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IM watching like 5 streams at once, does this increase my drop chances?

Apprently no, but when I do that I never miss a drop... so go figure

I am over the drops though since I got my Apex Twitch Mount!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

They are really sendnig mixed signals with these things.

Free crates! Yay!
    But they wont have anything good! Boo!
    But they'll give free gems! Yay!
    But you wont get one each day you watch, even if you watch 6 hours! Boo!

They walk a fine line between useless and manditory.

Do they also contain potassium benzoate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlcFTbgoeBk
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guaranteed (so far) at 0710 local email time - if not an (rare) additional at 2012. PST. So - 1 a day for sure; sometimes 2.

I always have someone’s stream running while I play, if drops are enabled. Some are actually really fun!

I don’t have a Torchbug Pet or Twitch Guar Pet, so I always type. the. thing. for giveaways... even though I haven’t won - and I don’t run pets, ever.

S.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's... free. You get what you get. Why the entitlement??
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just afk my phone for ten minutes, usually while I am getting coffee or petting the cat. Maybe it's my age but, I find the streamers incredibly boring, and a little creepy. If you look at their frozen, expressionless, dead looking faces while they are playing intensely, it's scary. If I get a crate, yay. If I don't, no big loss.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's... free. You get what you get. Why the entitlement??

My time is not free.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then stop watching crappy streams and buy the crates frim the crown store.

(Or - super secret 1337 pro hint - let the stream run on the second monitor and mute it)
    Edited by thorwyn on December 6, 2019 5:37AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind watching twitch for crates. I don't even mind that they have crap 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the time. I just wish they'd take the RNG out of it so we don't feel like our time is wasted or we did something incorrectly.

Or at least tell us "Sorry, you didn't get a drop today" so we know its just RNG and not a bug.

That way when we watch 5 days in a row and get nothing, we know its just bad luck.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is the best explanation. The funny part is that it doesn’t guarantee actual viewership. If I wanted free crates from twitch I’d just mute my iPad and let it suffer in my place. But of course it’s not about how many people are watching, but how many devices, so I suppose there’s no difference to the marketing people. The numbers are what they are.
    forever stuck in combat
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people got too many crown gems. zos wants people to buy crates to get gems

I, as many others, have been supporting this game for years: I don't buy crates but I've subbing for years.

Regarding free crates, it's better to have some than none at all: I'm glad that console players at least now have an equal chance to get them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't really like how ESO does it

Almost every other game starts drops at specific times in the streams, and they also usually pay out instantly.

I don't know why we have to sit here with Twitch open all day, or why we have to wait until the next day for our drops.

I'm not in the least ungrateful for the free stuff - I just think the distribution method is wacked out.
    Edited by lagrue on December 6, 2019 4:45PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IMO, they just need to lift the daily restriction, and it'd be fine. If they actually want us watching their streams, make the reward worth the time. As it currently stands, they're absolutely not worth the time, unless you really want that mount or pet.