The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grave Robber synergy

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have time to create a necro toon and i haven't read up on everything out there, so help me out guys. Can someone answer me this one question:

how the heck does the Grave Robber synergy can be triggered by either its own caster, or one of those blighted "pet"?

coz I was in a CP Cyrodiil (NO WAIT keep reading please, i swear it's not a PLEASE NERF/L2P thread), stumbled to a lone necro (stam or mag, i dunno), and we were duking it out...

I lost.

then I met her again. Same thing again.

I was keeping up just fine (StamDK here), hitting hard, leaping, healing, buffing, stunning, usual stuff. i avoid red circles, i stay away from the giant zombie slamming the ground, i'm fine. well, I was fine. until the end.

On BOTH death, my tooltip and combat metric add-on recorded: some skills, 3k damage, blighted thing, 1k, 2k, some maybe 6k if it crits (im a medium user, im used to these numbers), then suddenly........ *BOOM*

GRAVE ROBBER: 12k ~ 13k.

Sooooo I googled up what kind of skill is it, and its not even a skill! its a synergy! like DK's banner's Shackle synergy that require other people to trigger.

Like... huh?

How??
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necros can synergize their own boneyard if they use the "avid boneyard" morph.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Necros can synergize their own boneyard if they use the "avid boneyard" morph.

now my DK knows what he wants for Christmas...........
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was making use of the harmony jewelery trait, with 3x gold pieces it increases the effectiveness of synergies by 105% effectively doubling its damage. The base damage of the synergy is around the same as blast bones, so you can see why those numbers were so high.

Obvi OP
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was making use of the harmony jewelery trait, with 3x gold pieces it increases the effectiveness of synergies by 105% effectively doubling its damage. The base damage of the synergy is around the same as blast bones, so you can see why those numbers were so high.

Obvi OP

*** that's smart.

i wouldn't call it OP. i'd call that good planning. not "abuse" just yet.

but now i wanna try some harmony trait with Shifting Standard and play with a buddy.... :trollface:
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have the buddy run harmony... you provide the Talons and Standard.

The real terror is Nova synergies.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully it’s a ground based aoe so easier to avoid once you know what they’re trying to do.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've been meme'd by a harmony user.

They might aswell rename the thing to bone zone honestly :trollface:
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 6, 2019 11:35PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yo man. learn sth new everyday.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    I don't have time to create a necro toon and i haven't read up on everything out there, so help me out guys. Can someone answer me this one question:

how the heck does the Grave Robber synergy can be triggered by either its own caster, or one of those blighted "pet"?

coz I was in a CP Cyrodiil (NO WAIT keep reading please, i swear it's not a PLEASE NERF/L2P thread), stumbled to a lone necro (stam or mag, i dunno), and we were duking it out...

I lost.

I was keeping up just fine (StamDK here), hitting hard, leaping, healing, buffing, stunning, usual stuff. i avoid red circles, i stay away from the giant zombie slamming the ground, i'm fine. well, I was fine. until the end.

On BOTH death, my tooltip and combat metric add-on recorded: some skills, 3k damage, blighted thing, 1k, 2k, some maybe 6k if it crits (im a medium user, im used to these numbers), then suddenly........ *BOOM*

Sooooo I googled up what kind of skill is it, and its not even a skill! its a synergy! like DK's banner's Shackle synergy that require other people to trigger.

Like... huh?

How??

I got hit for 14k grave robber the other night.

Turns out being able to synergie your own ability + harmony stacking is a thing of beauty...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lost.

Like... huh?

How??

Turns out being able to synergie your own ability + harmony stacking is a thing of beauty...

i want to be able to sync my own Banner too :(
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aye guuuurl....ooops looks like you just stepped in ma bone zone....is yo name harmony guuurl? Cuz Imma bout ta abuse yo ass rn if you know what I mean.....betta watchout.....
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I lost.

Like... huh?

How??

Yup, or duo with a templar. You can outright one shot people with nova. My food ran out and I was hit with a 23k. I proceeded to use nova like crazy.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 10, 2019 2:25AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since DK cant self-synergize, im starting to look at other traits....

i wonder what'll happen if i got, say, 3 Bloodthirst jewel trait. How effective my 2H Executioner will be?