The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Apex Mounts - Why always Horse, Senche and Wolf?

FanmaR
FanmaR
✭✭✭
So I've never gotten an Apex before so I don't care so much, but with the new crates coming out soon I wondered: why is it always the same types?

I bet the horses, senches and wolves are the most popular mounts in general but it's still a bit boring. I'm sure they'd still make money if it wasn't those 3 for once. Why no apex Guar or Bear or something? Or even an Apex Camel? I believe the only exception is the "Ebony Dwarven Spider" which in my opinion doesn't even look good enough to be radiant apex. And I say that as a huge Dwemer fanatic.

Would you guys like other Radiant Apex mounts? If so, what would you like to see? And if not, why not?

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You literally JUST missed the Baandari Pedlar Crates, which were the first Crates to break the pattern.

They had a Senche, Camel, and Dwarven Spider as the Radiant Apex mounts.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Baandari_Pedlar_Crate
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be so p!ssed if I pulled a radiant camel xD
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »
    I would be so p!ssed if I pulled a radiant camel xD

I actually was pretty pleased when I got the Camel.

The effect is unique and it IS the only Radiant Camel.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need a radiant guar

like very very BADLY!
    at a place nobody knows
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Absurd that the Xanmeer crates din't have a Radiant guar.

Though I would hate to be trying to get one, awesome as it would be. It's bad enough just gunning for gems for the regular Apex guar.
    Molag's balls!
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    years later Radiant apex are still mostly Horse, Senche and Wolf

As a fan of camel, im really sad
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted a radiant apex Elk. Hailcinder is not enough :(
    Edited by MajThorax on June 17, 2021 6:11AM
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche raht model is becoming a trend rn for them so there will probably be more reskinned senche raht radiants like the curse-bound senche raht
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I generally don't find the apex mounts that interesting, they are mostly too obtrusive, glowing, glittering and so on. So, I don't care if there are only those three or others.
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭
    Seconding the Radiant Guar. Or at least add a new kind of Bipedal Mount like a Terror Bird.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Senche,Wolf and Horses are the most liked type of mounts by many players,add some cool effects to it and viola,people will spend a good amount of cash to get them either way.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    I've always wanted a radiant apex Elk. Hailcinder is not enough :(

While I would love more types of elk mounts,I think it would look very weird if they would add some flashy effects to them and some weird looking saddle/bags.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    We need a crown crate with 5 varieties of Riding Rams, and 1 Kagouti dressed up to look like a Riding Ram.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    That said, we are getting Jester crates next. I hope that the mounts will be other animals pretending to be the standard faire.

Horse: Donkey
    Senche: Bandari Palanquin
    Wolf: Durzog
    Guar: Giant Bantam Guar
    Camel: Giraffe
    Bear: Boar
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Wtb radiant guar
    Edited by xv1_me on June 18, 2021 9:11PM
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cause they used them so often its easier to just continue reskinning them as opposed to actually having to make new mounts
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Guar Appreciation Foundation would be outraged to see such a loyal, hardworking and adorbsoverload animal not get counted as an Apex Mount :o
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    years later Radiant apex are still mostly Horse, Senche and Wolf

As a fan of camel, im really sad

I find a majority of mounts to be boring even the radiants. Compared to most other games with mounts, ESO mounts are rather unimaginative. The current selection is a little more imaginative. But overall i don't see what the obsession is with the same basic half dozen mounts being reskinned 7 ways to sunday.