Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate DeathMatch

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
I am considering deliberately removing DM from my Queue.

It feels like a zergball-fest, with everyone balling on eachother at the center of the map. 9/10 times. And half of those times, at least one team gets one or two healbots. These BG's will go full 15 min, with no one getting above 300 points.

In Domination or Chaosball or Relics there are plenty of chances for real 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2v3, etc. etc. The DM rounds all seem to just turn into one huge 4v4v4 brawl which gets super boring super fast.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes?
    While the other match types sometimes reward teams for splitting up to cover more objectives, Deathmatch favors teams who coordinate and fight well together.

Which isn't that surprising, really, given that Bbattlegrounds was created to appeal to the "I just wanna small scale, no zergs" players in Cyrodiil. Small group, coordinated play is exactly what BGs were designed for.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM is usually the game mode that involves the least “balling up” in the center of the map.

At the higher end of the skill spectrum, it’s mostly just three teams all circling each other and hesitating to commit to a fight out of fear of getting hit by the third team...

Just keep playing. As you get better you’ll find that healers are less important and that the fighting is less centralized / hectic and more position focused.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    DM is usually the game mode that involves the least “balling up” in the center of the map.

At the higher end of the skill spectrum, it’s mostly just three teams all circling each other and hesitating to commit to a fight out of fear of getting hit by the third team...

Just keep playing. As you get better you’ll find that healers are less important and that the fighting is less centralized / hectic and more position focused.
    Except when every other high MMR game is filled to the brink with nightblade healbots doing 2m+ healing each game. Whether you accurately judge the importance of healers or not, the result is garbage gameplay where people rarely die. Welcome to PC EU.
    Edited by Koensol on December 5, 2019 5:08PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Except when every other high MMR game is filled to the brink with nightblade healbots doing 2m+ healing each game. Whether you accurately judge the importance of healers or not, the result is garbage gameplay where people rarely die. Welcome to PC EU.

On NA we just shame the healbots into playing something else. EU needs to step up their chat PvP game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In EU, I can do 3.5m+ damage + minor defile and major defile all the time (Warden OP) and barely any of the teams reach 300 points.

The problem is the burst dmage. If you are build for burst then you luck sustain or defence and in such games you will be eaten alive. But if you have sustain and mitigation you can finish you opponents :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM is the most boring BG. Great for days when walking and chewing gum is a challenge but that is about it.

I have seen it done better in other games.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

In EU, I can do 3.5m+ damage + minor defile and major defile all the time (Warden OP) and barely any of the teams reach 300 points.

The problem is the burst dmage. If you are build for burst then you luck sustain or defence and in such games you will be eaten alive. But if you have sustain and mitigation you can finish you opponents :smiley:

Thogard isn't wrong however, many DM's on PC/EU are filled with teams who fail at the "position game" (of you could call it that) and prefer to just brawl, which makes them very susceptible to being sandwiched by the 3rd team.

As long as you can patently wait you can win most DM games on PC/EU (assuming your team composition isn't too horrible), because it's almost guaranteed that two teams will start to brawl in some mosh pit at the centre of the map.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Thogard isn't wrong however, many DM's on PC/EU are filled with teams who fail at the "position game" (of you could call it that) and prefer to just brawl, which makes them very susceptible to being sandwiched by the 3rd team.

As long as you can patently wait you can win most DM games on PC/EU (assuming your team composition isn't too horrible), because it's almost guaranteed that two teams will start to brawl in some mosh pit at the centre of the map.

I have 2 builds prepared:
    • High single target damage with cross healing
    • High sustain aoe damage with constant roots and defiling

If players are positioning and they have the mobility I use the first build, if they dont have the mobility and stack together I switch to the second build.

I want to see how will you position yourself vs charged trait destro staffs with frozen blockade on a warden if you are not stamina, vampire or nord? Once we catch one member of the group and he cannot escape, after we eliminate him we get points and we make 4vs3 fight trivial if the other team wants to fight.

MY point is: prepare a few builds and adjust based on the players you have and the enemies you should fight.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If players are positioning and they have the mobility I use the first build, if they dont have the mobility and stack together I switch to the second build.

I want to see how will you position yourself vs charged trait destro staffs with frozen blockade on a warden if you are not stamina, vampire or nord? Once we catch one member of the group and he cannot escape, after we eliminate him we get points and we make 4vs3 fight trivial if the other team wants to fight.

MY point is: prepare a few builds and adjust based on the players you have and the enemies you should fight.

I agree with the bolded part you wrote 100%, my point was more that you can gain alot in a deathmatch with good positioning as thogard stated, even tho positioning isn't everything, I think it makes a big difference and can sometimes compensate for having a less optimised group (just speaking from my own experience)

And to answer your question: Race against time maybe? Assuming you've barspace for it :)

Just want to clarify that I'm not bashing or calling anyone or any particular team out, just sharing my experience with how I see it on PC/EU.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with the bolded part you wrote 100%, my point was more that you can gain alot in a deathmatch with good positioning as thogard stated, even tho positioning isn't everything, I think it makes a big difference and can sometimes compensate for having a less optimised group (just speaking from my own experience)

And to answer your question: Race against time maybe? Assuming you've barspace for it :)

Just want to clarify that I'm not bashing or calling anyone or any particular team out, just sharing my experience with how I see it on PC/EU.
    You are definately right about the positioning, and I agree with Thogard as well on that point. My point is that in many games this point becomes almost irrelevant because of the amount of healbots present. Like, you can move around all you want, but a good healbot will still be able to keep their team alive. Even in a sandwich. Especially when his team also has plenty of heals slotted themself. Its just completely out of whack at the moment. Like its no surprise people fall back on cheese like 2h ult.

The occasions when there are no nightblade healbots and you can have proper 4v4v4 against good players are very rare indeed. I have played a nb healer in the past and I know how easy it is to completely ruin a game for the opposition.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get caught in a wall of elements or a permafrost, you already lost. Learn to prekite.

I am aware that EU tends to build tankier whereas NA tends to play farther apart.

NA hasn’t really seen many harmony groups succeed in BGs though. It’s been tried many times but NA mobility is just significantly higher than EU (perhaps this is due to the higher server quality making mobility a more reliable defense on NA?) which makes it extremely difficult to land synergies on targets.

I’d be curious to see how many harmony groups are on EU: with the players moving more slowly and having higher HP, id expect it to be a more effective tactic there.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you get caught in a wall of elements or a permafrost, you already lost. Learn to prekite.

I am aware that EU tends to build tankier whereas NA tends to play farther apart.

NA hasn’t really seen many harmony groups succeed in BGs though. It’s been tried many times but NA mobility is just significantly higher than EU (perhaps this is due to the higher server quality making mobility a more reliable defense on NA?) which makes it extremely difficult to land synergies on targets.

I’d be curious to see how many harmony groups are on EU: with the players moving more slowly and having higher HP, id expect it to be a more effective tactic there.
    Two friends of mine experimented with a novabomb duo in BGs and it worked pretty damn well, even in high MMR they had some amazing bombs. Mainly because people just didn't expect it. They became more cautious afterwards though. This was about 2 updates ago, but I don't think it would turn out any different in the current patch.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love the Sigil of Power to come back (maybe add other Sigils).

But they need to redo the whole idea so it doesn't end up rewarding the premades who are already spanking.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But they need to redo the whole idea so it doesn't end up rewarding the premades who are already spanking.

Got to Mario cart balance them power-upz.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

A "blue-shell", which can only be picked up by the team in 3rd and which goes to explode and one shot everything in 10m radius of the best player on the leading team, can be an interesting idea to promote spreading up. Just saying...
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont que for it
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spec for more damage. If everyone’s tanky and high healing the game will go full time but the group with 2 healers rarely wins. Burst as a group and people will go down.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    I am considering deliberately removing DM from my Queue.

It feels like a zergball-fest, with everyone balling on eachother at the center of the map. 9/10 times. And half of those times, at least one team gets one or two healbots. These BG's will go full 15 min, with no one getting above 300 points.

In Domination or Chaosball or Relics there are plenty of chances for real 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2v3, etc. etc. The DM rounds all seem to just turn into one huge 4v4v4 brawl which gets super boring super fast.

I agree, DM is my least fave BG mode. After the random daily I queue for all but DM.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

A "blue-shell", which can only be picked up by the team in 3rd and which goes to explode and one shot everything in 10m radius of the best player on the leading team, can be an interesting idea to promote spreading up. Just saying...

its a stupid idea as for me. one should win due to higher skill and without help of an exploding crutch. if there is not enough spreadouting for you then create a new char and join low lvl battlegrounds.