The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing ticket after game crashed

nightstrike
nightstrike
✭✭✭✭✭
A few days ago, the game crashed after I killed a dragon but before I looted the corpse to pick up the ticket. As most of you know, if you don't loot the corpse, you don't get the ticket, but you ALSO lose the ability to get tickets for the rest of the day. Since the dragon was gone by the time I got back into the game, I lost the ability to get tickets from that dragon for that day, leaving me with only 1 instead of 2 acquired. Now, you would think this would be a simple support request.... give me the missing ticket, and I'll be happy.

But this is Zenimax.

I opened Incident 191201-005277, and after a few back and forths, they completely misunderstood the problem and are not budging on ticket redemption. Can anyone help?
Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the actual back and forth might help, if you could post it. Sometimes things can be made more clear. Sometimes it just takes a bit to get through.

I assure you if you keep replying, they'll have no choice but to keep the ticket open.

Regarding the tickets, if you did not attempt to loot (open the dragon 'container'), then your ticket set should have still been intact (even on an additional kill).

Simply explain that you made the first kill in the zone, but the game crashed before you were able to access the body. Ask them to check the logs, confirm the kill, confirm no ticket for that zone, and they will likely credit you a single ticket one time.

If it happens again, you'll have a more difficult time getting results.

I had a similar occurrence with the IC event. I got knocked into the environment, but still got kill credit. There was a ridiculous amount of back and forth with canned answers, answering everything but the question I posed. Eventually, explaining why all that dialogue was irrelevant to the initial request, someone will get on there and actually correct the situation for you.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the tickets, if you did not attempt to loot (open the dragon 'container'), then your ticket set should have still been intact (even on an additional kill).

That's not how it works. If the enemy dies and you don't loot the corpse, you get flagged as using up your ticket chance for the day and thus can't get another, despite you not actually getting your ticket. This is how it works for any of the "kill" quests, including bosses and whatnot. Support knows this very well, and I've hit this issue before.
    Simply explain that you made the first kill in the zone, but the game crashed before you were able to access the body. Ask them to check the logs, confirm the kill, confirm no ticket for that zone, and they will likely credit you a single ticket one time.

If it happens again, you'll have a more difficult time getting results.

I had a similar occurrence with the IC event. I got knocked into the environment, but still got kill credit. There was a ridiculous amount of back and forth with canned answers, answering everything but the question I posed. Eventually, explaining why all that dialogue was irrelevant to the initial request, someone will get on there and actually correct the situation for you.

There has been an enormous amount of back and forth nonsense with this support request. Their latest set of mails told me that I should be more cautious.

I am awaiting an answer to my obvious followup query of how I should be more cautious of the game crashing while you are attempting to loot a corpse. I do not expect anything intelligent out of these people. Frankly, it is trivial for them to fix the issue and costs them literally nothing. The fact that they refuse such a simple request is astonishing.

The funny part is that I've had issues in the past of missing tickets due to the stupid and predatory 12-ticket limit. For that case, when it was my mistake for not spending first, they had no problem at all giving the extra ticket. In this case, where the game crashed and the predatory design forced the issue, they refuse. Figure that one out.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the current statement from them is that they acknowledge how the system works (the ticket attempt is removed when the enemy dies, not when you actually get the ticket). They acknowledge that that happened to be me, they acknowledged that the game crashed and the dragon was gone when I logged back in, and I couldn't get the ticket........

......but they claimed they can't determine whether or not I picked it up. I find this stupid, as they can clearly see that my total ticket count is an odd number.

I'm 19 emails in at this point. It pains me to think that we pay their salaries.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21 emails, and now two voicemails... Still nothing useful from support.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 emails, 3 voicemails, and a few PM's.... and they finally agreed to fix it.

I am fully aware that the cost of my frustration and time spent is far more than the 250 crowns I could have spent to just buy another ticket. Sigh.........