I urgently request the fix of the Battleground system.

NStunner
NStunner
✭✭✭
In the previous patch, the match was not starting due to missing players in the teams. I thought they fixed this problem. But they had changed only the problem. Now we play every match with the missing player. Have you ever seen a football team which play a match with a missing member without reason? I think the team that developed this game is just the programmer, because I don't think they're gamers.

I demand whatever needs to happen in an ordinary Multiplayer game:
*Equal number of players
*Power balance of teams
*Easy to find match

I demand a greater sanction for the player who leaves the match. Please consider our demands.
Edited by NStunner on December 1, 2019 8:11PM
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you see yourself:

depositphotos_67931355-stock-photo-man-demanding.jpg

How the devs see you:

tenor.gif
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counting to 12 is hard. After you run out of fingers and thumbs to count on, you begin to lose track.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS works on ZoS time, not angry player time
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go buy a crown crate to cheer you up. ;)
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, Z0$ doesn't work at all.
    https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers
    So many job openings.
    Go ahead and apply, fix the game yourself!
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a crime to be angry? Yes i'm angry because I have repeatedly played 1/4/4 matches. I want everything to be the way it should be, nothing more.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm sure they'll take your demands more seriously compared to the rest of the community.
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    Those who laugh at what I write are either not playing Battleground, or are masochistic flatters. I just want an equal number of people to play, what's wrong with that? I may have an angry tone, but I'm sick of it.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, if there's still only 10-11 people in the queue after 7 minutes.......

So maybe there just aren't enough people playing battlegrounds. Like Cyro, maybe it's dying and players have lost interest in it.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS does not negotiate, ZOS does not bend to 1 threads list of demands
    they will close the thread as bashing/non constructive though so.............
    at least they read it :)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NStunner wrote: »
    In the previous patch, the match was not starting due to missing players in the teams. I thought they fixed this problem. But they had changed only the problem. Now we play every match with the missing player. Have you ever seen a football team which play a match with a missing member without reason? I think the team that developed this game is just the programmer, because I don't think they're gamers.

I demand whatever needs to happen in an ordinary Multiplayer game:
    *Equal number of players
    *Power balance of teams
    *Easy to find match

I demand a greater sanction for the player who leaves the match. Please consider our demands.

It does suck being in an outnumbered team. But at least you get to play.

It's better than just sitting there forever until you get bored and eat the deserter penalty. So while not the solution I would prefer, at least it's better than it was.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, many players spend most of their play time in BGs myself included. I literally stopped playing because of this issue, this needs to end ZOS!
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regardless of what matchmaking tool is in place, there have to actually be players engaged with the content.

for pvp, battlegrounds is just not something the vast majority of the players are playing.
    there IS interest, and there are those who love it.
    however, most of us just dont do pvp content at all.

we pve carebears get broken queues too.
    waiting for a tank in dungeon finder? i will just go bake a cake and do my taxes.
    but if there are no tanks in the queue, everyone else has to wait for one.

the point is, there isnt a flaw in the queue system if not enough players are playing the content to make full battlegrounds or to have faster dungoen teams group up.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    regardless of what matchmaking tool is in place, there have to actually be players engaged with the content.

for pvp, battlegrounds is just not something the vast majority of the players are playing.

waiting for a tank in dungeon finder? i will just go bake a cake and do my taxes.

the point is, there isnt a flaw in the queue system if not enough players are playing the content to make full battlegrounds or to have faster dungoen teams group up.

Your actually trying to say there isn’t enough players interested in doing Dungeons (daily pledges) lolololol
    Thanks for the laughs
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean a never knew that PVP was a niche in ESO. I guess my usual que of over 200 in prime time must be wrong.
    Lolololol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many job openings.

damn, that is a lot of open job openings...hmmmmm, did they just fire/lay-off a bunch of folks - can't imagine they're expanding their staff just to improve existing game performance or to create new content...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    So many job openings.

damn, that is a lot of open job openings...hmmmmm, did they just fire/lay-off a bunch of folks - can't imagine they're expanding their staff just to improve existing game performance or to create new content...

A number of those are for their new project which is not related to ESO.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be when someone left a match there would be a replacement short after, now almost every single game 1 or 2 tards leave and you're stuck like that vs a premade. Everytime ZOS says they will fix something it gets worse, EVERY-SINGLE time.
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »

If there are 9 players to play, you can't set it to 4/4/1, you have to set it to 3/3/3.
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    So many job openings.

If a bridge is cracked, are you going to study civil engineering and repair it?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many job openings.

Omg ..... So many vacancy.....
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »

So maybe there just aren't enough people playing battlegrounds. Like Cyro, maybe it's dying and players have lost interest in it.

That is is so wrong. I had that impression that BGs are not so popular because I play only vs the same 30 players each night.

But once zos removed the MMR system for 2 weeks I saw probably thousands of new players. The queue was 5 seconds long and each game I had different opponents.

The problem is their match making system.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

That is is so wrong. I had that impression that BGs are not so popular because I play only vs the same 30 players each night.

But once zos removed the MMR system for 2 weeks I saw probably thousands of new players. The queue was 5 seconds long and each game I had different opponents.

I was going to write a post of my own regarding this but bashev basically said what I was thinking.

Easiest solution right now imo is to remove the mmr system so we're back to how it was about a month ago. Best time I've had in BG'S in a long time.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I was going to write a post of my own regarding this but bashev basically said what I was thinking.

Easiest solution right now imo is to remove the mmr system so we're back to how it was about a month ago. Best time I've had in BG'S in a long time.

This is what they should be doing, regardless of any queuing issues. Current MMR is absolute garbage, and is in no way indicative of actual skill level. It needs to be replaced with a more robust metric that reads from multiple stats, to get a more complete idea of a player's skill level.

And until that happens, until the new metric is actually ready to deploy, current MMR needs to be removed, because it does way more harm than good. Makes queue times unbearable, severely limits the amount of players you can match against which basically kills match diversity, matches you with perpetually harder and harder opponents regardless of whether you're actually at their skill level, allows for matching against premades due to premades just having their MMR inflated to differentiate between them and solo queues, the list goes on.

Remove current MMR, work on a new solution that's just overall better, own up to your mistake. Constantly fiddling with numbers is not going to help if the actual equation is not correct.
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

This is what they should be doing, regardless of any queuing issues. Current MMR is absolute garbage, and is in no way indicative of actual skill level. It needs to be replaced with a more robust metric that reads from multiple stats, to get a more complete idea of a player's skill level.

And until that happens, until the new metric is actually ready to deploy, current MMR needs to be removed, because it does way more harm than good. Makes queue times unbearable, severely limits the amount of players you can match against which basically kills match diversity, matches you with perpetually harder and harder opponents regardless of whether you're actually at their skill level, allows for matching against premades due to premades just having their MMR inflated to differentiate between them and solo queues, the list goes on.

Remove current MMR, work on a new solution that's just overall better, own up to your mistake. Constantly fiddling with numbers is not going to help if the actual equation is not correct.

i think, Gear setup and stats should also be considered when calculating MMR. The player Marks himself as a healer or tank in order to find an easy match, but but actually he's a bow ganker :D

Of course, there are many problems that need to be fixed before considering my proposal.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @quadraxis666 nailed it
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

i think, Gear setup and stats should also be considered when calculating MMR. The player Marks himself as a healer or tank in order to find an easy match, but but actually he's a bow ganker :D

Of course, there are many problems that need to be fixed before considering my proposal.

Roles don't matter for BGs. If you open your group tab (P) you'll see roles are greyed out once the group is formed.

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many job openings.

If a bridge is cracked, are you going to study civil engineering and repair it?

No, I'd pilot a plane and fly over it. B)
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.