The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mismatched windows

PopotoSalad
PopotoSalad
✭✭✭
Please fix housing so that interior windows match their placement on outside walls (or at least be more careful about it in future houses.) It's driving me absolutely batty trying to find a larger house without window errors.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! It seems like it would be straightforward to do, especially when it’s a simple thing like whether windows are even there are not, nevermind the precise placement (although the more things fit, the better). To site just one instance, I LOVE Alinor Crest Townhouse but it would be even better with windows for the front downstairs rooms so as to match the outside (and because Alinor windows are beautiful). :)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix housing so that interior windows match their placement on outside walls (or at least be more careful about it in future houses.) It's driving me absolutely batty trying to find a larger house without window errors.

Would be nice.

Hunding's, especially, could do wih some more windows at the back, to at least vaguely match the ones on the outside and the Alinor Townhouse should have had two arched windows at the front, downstairs.

Even if they had to be a bit shorter on the inside than they are on the outside and have a shorter version of the Alinor curtains provided, to fit them.

Unfortunately, nearly all the houses have at least one glaring anomaly.

Most have several.

It's not just windows, either - sometimes, the interior layout doesn't match the exterior, to one extent or another.

Like the hallway in Old Mistveil, which shouldn't exist, going by the outside.

I can normally tolerate it, within reason (you have to, if you want to do housing, at all), but I had to draw the line at Jode's Embrace, which is, basically, only half (or even less) of the house it looks like it would be from the outside.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Unfortunately, nearly all the houses have at least one glaring anomaly.

Most have several.

It's not just windows, either - sometimes, the interior layout doesn't match the exterior, to one extent or another.
    This, 100%. :disappointed:

It's one thing that the exteriors don't match the interiors - this has been an ongoing thing since Homestead was launched, see Old Mistveil as Tigerseye mentioned, or Quondam Indorilia, or the Alinor Townhouse, etc. Most recently Jode's Embrace has a whole lot of exterior space that is nowhere to be found inside. So yes, it would be nicer if ZOS could release houses where exteriors and interiors match.

But even more annoying is the fact that the interior don't even make sense on their own, nevermind the exterior. For example Princely Dawnlight Palace has windows on the same wall, facing the same way, where one of them light up and the other doesn't. This ruins the internal cohesion, it doesn't even matter that the windows aren't there on the outside. Many other houses have just randomly placed windows that are insanely off-center, such as Lucky Cat Landing and Jode's Embrace.

mpzjkg7fulzs.png
    r11ihb2mp9vm.png

1) ZOS should preferably release houses where the interior actually matches the interior.
    2) But at the very least ZOS should release houses where the interior and the window placement makes sense at all!!!
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    2) But at the very least ZOS should release houses where the interior and the window placement makes sense at all!!!

Seriously, how hard can it be for them to make windows line up properly, consider that they're building the houses from scratch?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    But even more annoying is the fact that the interior don't even make sense on their own, nevermind the exterior. For example Princely Dawnlight Palace has windows on the same wall, facing the same way, where one of them light up and the other doesn't.

I think some of the windows there are supposed to be tinted darker?

But, I totally agree that it would be better if they all lit up.

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how much they want us to PAY for these things, I expect them to make them RIGHT.

I mean, would you buy a car with the wheels on the roof? Oh, they just don't quite line up properly, but it'll do...
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.