Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do the dragons yell "croissant!"

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hear this a lot before my char flies away lol

Fus Ro Dah - Unrelenting Force
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 2, 2019 10:31AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be "CROISSANT!!!!"

They also mumble something about "Cheese....corn DOG!!!!"

omfg
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I can also hear them shouting:
    "Tea !... Or Die !"

I guess one Dragon is French and wants some croissants, and the other is British and wants a cup of Tea... :D:joy:
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are hungry?
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a bit of practice I can now hear "Croissant". I just needed to be listening in the right accent :)

Yes! It sounds very French. :D
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the holiday baking shows on TV this time of year, I keep hearing "pâte à choux" mentioned. It is an airy puff pastry dough, most commonly used to make cream puffs. But I always feel like it should be a dragon shout. Pat ... Ah ... SHOO!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a wiki with all Dragons and their quotes!

I love those yells but too bad that sort of stuff is only understandable by ZOS and maybe a few lore experts that don't seem to brother to share their knowledge.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    I will never unhear Navhiintas saying "Now you run!".

That is what he's actually saying though isn't it? It makes sense, because then the meteors start to fall and you do have to run. It's like he's toying with us.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, me & guildmates thought it sounded like ‘oiseaux’ - still French, but upset about the birds for some reason.....🐥
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like "poissant" to me
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    With all the holiday baking shows on TV this time of year, I keep hearing "pâte à choux" mentioned. It is an airy puff pastry dough, most commonly used to make cream puffs. But I always feel like it should be a dragon shout. Pat ... Ah ... SHOO!

I need a cream puff in my life now...
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there still be dragons in Elsweyr after the end of this year?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there still be dragons in Elsweyr after the end of this year?

Well, is Molag Bal still here? Yes, just pop by your local dolmen and he’ll chat with you. Likewise, regardless of whether you save the world from dragons or not, they will still be around fus roh dahing you on your butt.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks... @Jaraal 😊
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I swear one of them says "Wax On!" and I think of a really pissed off Mr. Miyagi.

Lol that's what I say to my hubby every time we fight that dragon.....I say "Wax On!" then he says "Wax Off!"
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need a wiki with all Dragons and their quotes!

I love those yells but too bad that sort of stuff is only understandable by ZOS and maybe a few lore experts that don't seem to brother to share their knowledge.

There is one linked on page one of this thread.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks a lot, guys. Now it's Sunday morning, and I'm sitting here eating a croissant while I wait for dragons.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    The ice dragon in SE has just shouted "***" just b4 he died
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    The ice dragon in SE has just shouted "***" just b4 he died

actually it was "barstead"
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one that sounds like it's speaking German; wo bist du!
    forever stuck in combat
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone taken the time to figure out what each color dragon yells, and what happens after they yell it?

I've been trying to figure it out, but the language just isn't clear enough for me to determine what they are saying most of the time.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The already linked
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dragon#Dialogue
    is probably the closest you'll get at the moment.
    Everyone's free to make that list better! :D The shouts are already there, so it's mostly adding what the shout does.
    Edited by Varana on December 8, 2019 10:16PM
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought they say “leave or die” at least that’s what I hear.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they say “leave or die” at least that’s what I hear.

They say lots of different things as it turns out. Each color dragon has some unique shouts too. I'm fairly certain that what they shout corresponds to what they are about to do, so it seems relevant to know their shouts, especially in hard mode Sunspire.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naviinthas says something in SS final battle that sounds like: You'll run!

Yes! On the clock phase, I also hear it! We need a "misheard shouts" compilation 😝
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that ice dragon is just shouting "Imma freeze yo ***" right before he starts the storm that kills a third of the people fighting him.
  • NeptunXIV
    NeptunXIV
    ✭✭
    After much deliberation, I feel like they're shouting "Rii Vaaz Zol" - meaning 'Essence Tear Zombie' and the attack being 'Soul Tear'. They just seem to say 'Rii' very quietly so it ends up sounding like croissant.
    EU scrub on PC/NA810 CP#BardKnockLifeESO-Database • Other half: @LtSnowballin

50 | Loreleii Caemoriin Excavates-The-Antiquities: // Altmer Argonian Magsorc DPS // Grand Master Crafter
    Because I'm an altoholic:
    PvE;
    50 | Zoloft gra-Prozac: // Orc Stamcro DPS
    Cofiwch Dryweryn: // Dunmer Magblade DPS
    Menagerie Manager: // Imperial Magsorc DPS // Meme build

50 | Revives-The-Inept: // Argonian Magcro Healer
    50 | Healies-Your-Feelies: // Argonian Stamden Healer

50 | Pankei-Io: // Argonian Magden Tank

PvP;
    50 | Heals-The-Incompetent: // Argonian Magplar Healer // Former Empress // EP
    Purges-The-Inadequate: // Argonian Magplar Healer // DC

Ğomija Sun-Eater: // Orc "Goblin" Stamplar DPS // EP

RP
    Cleans-The-Floor: // Argonian Magplar // Poor floor sweeper working for a mean Breton family. Cleans is very shy and apologetic - a people-pleaser even to those undeserving. She was found as an egg in Murkmire, near Blackrose Prison, with a weathered and unreadable note. Her scales are pale from spending all of her time indoors cleaning, and she is 1/64th Naga.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly this gave me a laugh because I've also been hearing Croissant :lol: but I'm a templar and this shout is the queue for me to run around dropping retribution so others can purge that pink and yellow aura that eventually kills without a purge. So I wonder if it isn't "Krasaar" which is dohva for sickness?
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see this linked here yet.

Dragon <-> English translator https://www.thuum.org/translator.php
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sir Vord Own

Or maybe that’s just a PC EU thing