The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Performance Update? Game feels smoother

mrfrontman
mrfrontman
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys, just curious if I'm the only one experiencing this cause people I've asked have said they don't notice a difference.. Ever since the last maintenance my game has been running a LOT smoother in trials and dungeons. In trials my frames would drop to about 30FPS (on a high end rig mind you) and now my frames are at a constant 80-90 FPS in trials. There are occasional drops to 50-60 but it feels SO smooth now. I didn't read anything about an optimization patch within the last week so I'm curious if there was a patch or not.

Either way, I'm extremely happy and the game feels so good now, please don't change whatever was fixed.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do notice a difference. I'm voicing when ever I'm dissatisfied, so why not point out something positive I've noticed. Yay!
    It's not, however, a constant feel, at times it dips, sure but the overall feeling is smoother.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say in general yes... However I actually came to the forums now to see if anyone else has issues.
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the problems are worse then ever. Particularly in southern elswyr.

Frequent game crashes and FPS drop rates down to single digits is what my game is like now.

It played much better a year ago.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw title and thought this was sarcasm. The performance update, just like the fix to dungeon finder which broke dungeon finder more, has done nothing for me but further hinder performance
    Edited by nryerson1025 on November 30, 2019 12:45PM
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ofcourse its smoother... Dungeon finder still doesnt work, guild finder doesnt even work, so everything else is smoother. Makes sense to me...

EDIT: And no I'm not being sarcastic... Stuff don't work = less calls to DB = smoother...
    Edited by JPS on November 30, 2019 12:53PM
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for me, it's worse in Elswyr, LA and skills not firing half the time, my latency at 3am was 56 then jumps to 175 then back again, when LA and skills do fire a good percentage go through or don't register damage, when stood bang in front of highlighted target, trying to do DPS at present is just tiresome, so craft dailies only for me.

Guild finder not working etc, so no it's not any better, placebo effect I think for some.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with the game it work fine as it should.
    The real problem is the hardware you guy have.
    Thee is no graphicscard at the marked you can run smoth with Elder Scroll Online, so we just need to wait to the make some grapgics card who can run the game.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today it feels horrible

Weekend + that event : (
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, now you jinxed it, OP.

Kidding, kidding. The game actually has been running smoother for me too, with fewer freezes and crashes, even faster loading screens. Admittedly I haven't tried grouping or done any dungeons lately, so I can only comment on the base functionalities. Still, if they did do something to the game to make it run smoother, they did good.

Hope it stays this way. *knock wood*
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got headache from playing in Cyrodiil,drops to 20fps when things got busy.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try zos employee, not fooling anyone
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    Hi guys, just curious if I'm the only one experiencing this cause people I've asked have said they don't notice a difference.. Ever since the last maintenance my game has been running a LOT smoother in trials and dungeons. In trials my frames would drop to about 30FPS (on a high end rig mind you) and now my frames are at a constant 80-90 FPS in trials. There are occasional drops to 50-60 but it feels SO smooth now. I didn't read anything about an optimization patch within the last week so I'm curious if there was a patch or not.

Either way, I'm extremely happy and the game feels so good now, please don't change whatever was fixed.

It's just you. On PS4 / NA yesterday, my game crashed twice, once in Southern Elsweyr, and once in Cyrodiil. Blue Screen crashes, which I rarely see on other PS4 games. And froze once trying to fast travel from wayshrine in Southern Elsweyr to wayshrine in Northern Elsweyr.

Glad it is working for you. Hope ZOS fixes it for others.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol I had a good laugh at some of the comments here (the joke comments I mean, not insulting anyone there).

Good to know some other people notice it too. Sorry to hear about the ones who aren't experiencing the increase in performance. I wasn't trolling though, since the maintenance the other week, the game has been running really smooth for me in all areas - dungeons, trials, cyrodill, towns.. basically everywhere - especially in my home now, I was on 70-80FPS before and now I'm on a stable 100 inside my home - this is with a LOT MORE furniture than I had earlier too.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for me Jeff.

I’m still experiencing lag, snapback, rubber banding, low to no FPS, skills not firing, blah blah the list goes on.

U24 has to be the most unproductive set of performance updates yet.

Oh wait.....

It’s crashed...

Again.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    Not for me, it's worse in Elswyr, LA and skills not firing half the time, my latency at 3am was 56 then jumps to 175 then back again

As an aussie I would KILL for 175 ping.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be a Debbie downer but pvp feels even worse than before. My group still blue screening nonstop and I’ve lagged out every single fight. 5 times in the past hour.

And I am hard wired with bis internet
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only the game runs a little better, but the servers seem to be a little better too, i can't even remember when was the last time i have got disconnected during a large battle, and this was a common thing for me.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing all the threads about the performance being worse after the most recent update but that hasn't been my experience. I was dealing with huge asset delays and blue screens before the patch, but I played tonight in high population dragon events and everything was much better. I do have issues with my skills firing after the patch but the performance overall is improved. I'm on a base ps4.

Edited by weedgenius on December 4, 2019 3:29AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    My experience has been that with every "performance fix" the games performance gets worse.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try i just tried to log in to get daily awards and got kicked 3 times before getting in like wow thats worse before i got to travel before it happened
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can’t believe this op in the slightest. If anyone tells you it’s got any better on console they are straight up lying. It’s literally only gotten worse.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    I honestly can’t believe this op in the slightest. If anyone tells you it’s got any better on console they are straight up lying. It’s literally only gotten worse.

Nobody said anything about console, you've got to be pretty small minded to come on forums and accuse people of lying.
    "omg it doesn't work for me so they MUST be lying!!!"

Please, give me a f- break.