The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brand New to The New Life Festival

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
This will be the first time I have been a part of the New Life Festival. I am trying to obtain a Colovian Fur Hood? Where will I be able to attain one? Are they a reward for quests? Are they obtained in Runeboxes? I don't know what a Runebox is? I am also hoping to obtain the Stalhrim Frostcaster Style? Where will that be located during the New Life Festival? Lastly any advice or tips for someone new to The New Life Festival? Also, am I able to obtain a Mudball during the event? Will I be able to find one? And where will I find it? Thanks :smile:
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also imagine that ZOS a will have an article on its website about this once we are finished with the Dragonhold event.

Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    I would also imagine that ZOS a will have an article on its website about this once we are finished with the Dragonhold event.
    This will be the first time I have been a part of the New Life Festival. I am trying to obtain a Colovian Fur Hood? Where will I be able to attain one? Are they a reward for quests? Are they obtained in Runeboxes? I don't know what a Runebox is? I am also hoping to obtain the Stalhrim Frostcaster Style? Where will that be located during the New Life Festival? Lastly any advice or tips for someone new to The New Life Festival? Also, am I able to obtain a Mudball during the event? Will I be able to find one? And where will I find it? Thanks :smile:

OP, also look at previous year threads here, and pages on the game site. From one year to the next, there are sometimes additions to the annual events, but not too many changes, and that goes for New Life as well.

The one thing I'll offer to get you started, is to begin with the free event quest starter from the Crown Store. It becomes available at the very beginning of the event.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to want to have someone port you to the Kynesgrove wayshrine in Eastmarch as well which is close to where the quest giver you will be dealing with will be located. And also research where the locstions for the other quests in the event will take you to make it quicker and easier to get back and forth. There are usually people offering ports and groups to lake certain event quests easier to complete.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, you are likely to obtain more mudballs than you could ever possibly want, friend. They will appear often in the daily quest rewards.

The Colovian Fur Hood is likely to make an appearance, too, and yes, it comes in a runebox, which will sometimes drop in the daily quest rewards. There are five (?) daily holiday quests. If you do them all each day, especially if you have alts, you are very likely to have multiples of each runebox by the end of the event. Open the runebox when you want to acquire the collectible; it then shows up in your collections tab (not your inventory). Any remaining runeboxes you have, you will not be able to open if they are multiples and you have already acquired that collectible. However, the runeboxes are not bound, and you can sell them through your trading guild, or in zone chat. Just be aware that they are pretty common, so you're not likely to get much for them.
    Edited by amapola76 on November 30, 2019 5:17PM
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One question I have - are we getting the New Life charity writs and the new Skaal ones, or will we be able to get Crystalfrost by doing the Skaal writs.

Writs aren't uncommon, but it does seem daunting to get 12 for Crystalfrost and another 12 or so for Skaal. I know I wouldn't have been able to get the Witch title without the duration extention.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There like 8 daily quests, one for each race except Imperial I believe. Nords do a polar plunge, Redguards have a relay to light 4 braziers, Woodelves have you killing encroaching wildlife or just making a charitable gold donation, Khajiit have you picking locks of chests, High Elves have you throwing mudballs, Bretons have you performing circus feats like blade juggling, sword swallowing, and fire breathing. Argonians have you fishing for food for charity. Orcs have you finding ingredients for a feast and belching.

Options
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What platform are you on, if you're on PC NA I'll send it over if I get one.
    Campos de oro
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll need these wayshrines:

Kynesgrove wayshrine and Windhelm wayshrine in Eastmarch
    Percolating Mire and Hissmir wayshrines in Shadowfen
    Bergama wayshrine (or Divad's Chagrin wayshrine) in Alik'r
    Rawl'kha wayshrine in Reaper's March
    Ebonheart wayshrine in Stonefalls (I think you need the Davon's Watch one as well)
    Skywatch wayshrine in Auridon
    Alcaire Castle wayshrine in Stormhaven
    Gil-Var-Del wayshrine in Grahtwood (or the Elden Root Temple wayshrine)
    Stonetooth wayshrine in Betnikh (an island just south of Glenumbra)

Edited by SydneyGrey on November 30, 2019 9:41PM
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems I forgot the dark elf activity in Ebonhart. Basically has you dancing in taverns around the province of Stonefalls. 9 quests in total. Imperials are the *** race of the game and don't get a special holiday quest.
    Options
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

What platform are you on, if you're on PC NA I'll send it over if I get one.

Unfortunately, I am on PS4. But thanks for the offer.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
    Options
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    FierceSam wrote: »

OP, also look at previous year threads here, and pages on the game site. From one year to the next, there are sometimes additions to the annual events, but not too many changes, and that goes for New Life as well.

The one thing I'll offer to get you started, is to begin with the free event quest starter from the Crown Store. It becomes available at the very beginning of the event.

Would you possibly willing to post a few links? Just to get me started. And that's good to know. So I can assume that The Starhilm Frostcaster will be available in the crown store for 2,000 crowns. What about the Colvional Fur Hoods? I saw a screenshot in one of the videos. I know I can earn them during life festival. What about the memento mudball pouch? What kind of additions do they add? Thanks
    Options