The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worried For the State Of This Game?

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
This game has had its fulfillment of up's and Down's, and there is no other game out there like this, but I feel like you guys are dropping the ball hard on something that is very unique! Its disappointing that "WE" the consumer/community kept telling you guys about performance years ago and yet you allowed the game to get to where it's at and now decided to start looking at performance updates. It really might be a little too late. Will you still have a playerbase? Of course but it isn't going to be a huge one. This MMO will end up being a mirror of itself in a few year's if not sooner. A game like this requires constant performance updates. I for one still log on because of all the time I spent playing, but you guys have something very unique and it's as if you guys don't even realize it.
Edited by regime211 on November 30, 2019 7:16AM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    K

You must have gotten blue screened trying to finish your sentence.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a big issue is players with real bad internet, or living in EU/Oceanic and playing on US servers or vice versa. It's messed up almost every online game I've played from Battlefield/CoD/Madden to this one.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    I think a big issue is players with real bad internet, or living in EU/Oceanic and playing on US servers or vice versa. It's messed up almost every online game I've played from Battlefield/CoD/Madden to this one.

Not really. People living in Europe have serious problems with playing on PC EU during prime time...
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other people's connections have no influence over your own connection in a game with dedicated servers, unless the devs royally screwed something up. We're all connecting to the same server, in the same location, so whether my connection has double your ping or not doesn't influence your connection.

You're probably thinking of games with peer-to-peer connections, where instead of us connecting to a central dedicated server, somebody's game acts as a host, and we all connect to that person's game. In those cases, other people's connections can influence your own, since your own connection is their connection -- you're talking directly to each other.

ESO doesn't use peer-to-peer connections, though, so that doesn't apply to us.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, what should PC EU players do if they can't play on EU server either? :(
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing from the EU, I actually experienced better performance on the US server than on the EU one, explain that away :D
    Edited by vestahls on November 30, 2019 2:19PM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as