The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 304 "Already logged in" -- what is the REAL error?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
When you are obviously not logged in and you get this a half dozen times in a row... what is the real error?
  • Rhyono
    Rhyono
    ✭✭
    You get prevented from logging in for some reason (likely just trash servers), then, it deems your account logged in (because trash). Now you're on a cooldown for it to log you out.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of Patch 5.2.5:

General

Added a 30 second wait time between logins from the same account to fix a variety of data corruption issues that could affect characters. If you try to log into the same account within the 30 second window, you will receive an error message stating the account is already in use.

Note: This will not have any impact on swapping characters.

If something went wrong with your first login, maybe that 30-second delay is preventing subsequent ones?

If you've waited a while and still can't get in, you may want to submit a ticket.
          In verity.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    As of Patch 5.2.5:
    General

Added a 30 second wait time between logins from the same account to fix a variety of data corruption issues that could affect characters. If you try to log into the same account within the 30 second window, you will receive an error message stating the account is already in use.

Note: This will not have any impact on swapping characters.

About 10 (?) hours had passed since my last login and I did properly log out my character.
    So customer service saying I got disconnected or booted and my character hadn't been logged out yet isn't the case.
    So, the very first Error 304 shouldn't have happened in the first place.

For the subsequent ones though, I suppose this might explain it. But calling it "Already logged in" is still an obviously incorrect description of what is going on.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hear this. When the game drops me I get this message. I end up having to delete my saved data to get back in.
    For the Empire