The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DW/Bow Stamknight PvP Build?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please tell me there's a build out there that does NOT use 1H&S or 2Handed. I don't chase the Meta.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is hard to kill anybody experienced without 2H executioner, whirling blades damage is too low and every second guy is vampire with pariah, which means your damage becomes minimal when target has less then 15% HP.

Given your approach to sorc, if you don't mind running a little bit squishy you may try such setup: balorgh+nma front bar (bow)+brp dw (backbar)+any other WD damage set you like. Medium armor to maximize WD and crit chance, corrosive armor ultimate... reach 5x stacks of hawk's eye, activate corrosive, damage of your snipes will be insane and those snipes will be really cheap so you can land many of them while corrosive is active. Use BRP DW+Wings as defense when focused.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling there might be a buff coming to Flurry.. at least there should be.. It's fun to use but the damage is just lackluster.

I think if they would buff Flurry a bit (buff damage or give it a snare?) and make Major Brutality easier to access via DW, then it would catch on.

Rally is what keeps 2H a-must-have.

On current state things for DW/Bow, I would maybe go:

Whirling, Expert Hunter, Breath, Claw, Vigor, Leap
    Poison Inject, Snipe, Wings, Frag Shield, Igneous Weapons, Corrosive/Temporal

Snipe as spammable because stamDK's passive reduces the cost by 25% and it would give Minor Defile, which is harder to come by. Then using Wings to proc healing received passive and remove snares. Mighty Chudan as your mosnter set so you don't need Spiked Armor. Add double dot poisons so that's Claw, Breath, Inject and Corrosive as your dots + defile from Snipe. Cancer!

As for gear, Igneous Weapons's cost is huge but it lasts like 40 seconds. Molten is 30 seconds and would buff your HA's, so that's a great option as well. So Frag Shield, Wings and Molten eats so much magicka, you might have to run Shackle, but that's not a bad thing. NMA probably as second set. Broth for food and I always play in Medium Armor. I think you can get to 14-15k magicka without sacrificing stamina.

What do you think? It's not meta but could be efficient and might be even fun. I'm not keen on using Snipe as spammable but DK's passives direct you to poison damage lol..
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling there might be a buff coming to Flurry.. at least there should be.. It's fun to use but the damage is just lackluster.

I think if they would buff Flurry a bit (buff damage or give it a snare?) and make Major Brutality easier to access via DW, then it would catch on.

Snipe as spammable because stamDK's passive reduces the cost by 25% and it would give Minor Defile, which is harder to come by. Then using Wings to proc healing received passive and remove snares. Mighty Chudan as your mosnter set so you don't need Spiked Armor. Add double dot poisons so that's Claw, Breath, Inject and Corrosive as your dots + defile from Snipe. Cancer!

As for gear, Igneous Weapons's cost is huge but it lasts like 40 seconds. Molten is 30 seconds and would buff your HA's, so that's a great option as well. So Frag Shield, Wings and Molten eats so much magicka, you might have to run Shackle, but that's not a bad thing. NMA probably as second set. Broth for food and I always play in Medium Armor. I think you can get to 14-15k magicka without sacrificing stamina.

What do you think? It's not meta but could be efficient and might be even fun. I'm not keen on using Snipe as spammable but DK's passives direct you to poison damage lol..

Sounds very close to what ive already tried on the fly. Do need to try out Corrosive though, sounds great for 1v1. Question though. Does Poison Dmg make use of Physical Pen?
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Sounds very close to what ive already tried on the fly. Do need to try out Corrosive though, sounds great for 1v1. Question though. Does Poison Dmg make use of Physical Pen?

Immediately after posting I realized that it doesn't.. but the other morph of Snipe is physical damage - so that definitely works. You will lose the Defile though.. Can't have all I guess :dizzy:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Immediately after posting I realized that it doesn't.. but the other morph of Snipe is physical damage - so that definitely works. You will lose the Defile though.. Can't have all I guess :dizzy:

It seriously doesnt? So putting on Spriggans was a worthless idea...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using SnB/2h is called being realistic, not being a meta chaser. StamDK lacks spammable,execute,gapcloser, major brutality, burst heal. All of these things you can get from a 2 hander, and SnB gives you survivability.

If you want to be ''cool and original'', I'm sorry to inform you that you're trying to do it on the most bare-bones, one dimensional class in the whole game.

Don't believe me ? Feel free to try and after you're disappointed, I'll be happy to tell you ''I said so''.

Edit: If it adds any credibility to my post I was a dual wield / 2h player and sticked to my playstyle till it became non-viable , used 2h for pretty much rally only , it was my back bar. As soon as they gave molten armaments major brutality I made a dual wield / bow testing build but not only my sustain was bad, I couldn't kill anybody due to many factors , let me list a few ; steel tornado nerf , fossilize nerf, wings nerf, corrosive nerf, dot nerfs aaaaand well... I was really sad to find out that my playstyle was no longer viable.

bar space and sustain issues are too much to handle(especially in no-cp its pure hell) , you can build to minimize these problems but you'll find that you really don't gain anything over a meta setup that just runs better sets.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 29, 2019 8:02AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does. Physical, Poison and Disease damage all benefit from Physical Penetration.

Remember though, if you plan on playing with Corrosive, during it is up (if you try maximize its uptime) your Spriggans 5th bonus is worthless since you already have full Penetration from Corrosive, then another damage set would be better. Naturally though Corrosive is not always up.

Small edit for general info if someone needed such:

Physical, Poison, Disease and Bleed damage (is a type of Physical damage that nowadays is also under Physical Penetration what comes to mitigation) all get calculated with Physical Penetration.

Same as Magic, Flame, Shock and Frost damage types are all calculated with Spell Penetration.

If some set like Automaton that buffs Physical damage type, then it does only that, not Poison and Disease, BUT it does buff Bleeds since they are Physical damage type.

Hope that cleared things up. :) If i explained it poorly, let me know and ask away if something still is not clear. :p

Edited by Moonsorrow on November 29, 2019 8:10AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Corrosive provides 100% penetration on all "stamina" damage. Disease, physical, poison doesn't matter. It is great for open world, but for tower running of course not. Also poison version of snipe benefits from combustion passive, i.e. 500 stamina return on each hit against non-bosmer.
    So far ironically, but lethal arrow is most cost effective spammable DK got in this patch. At full stacks damage will be almost 2x of stone fist for 1.5x less cost...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

It does. Physical, Poison and Disease damage all benefit from Physical Penetration.

Remember though, if you plan on playing with Corrosive, during it is up (if you try maximize its uptime) your Spriggans 5th bonus is worthless since you already have full Penetration from Corrosive, then another damage set would be better. Naturally though Corrosive is not always up.

The extra penetration would still benefit dot damage since corrosive does not work on dots anymore, but for direct damage it is just as you said, another set would work better. Considering stamDK has minor brutality It makes sense to just stack high weapon damage and go medium armor.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭

No wait, my bad. Poison Damage IS Direct Damage, right? So it should benefit from Corrosive?

And yes, Spriggans is not very optimal if you use often use Corrosive..
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The extra penetration would still benefit dot damage since corrosive does not work on dots anymore, but for direct damage it is just as you said, another set would work better. Considering stamDK has minor brutality It makes sense to just stack high weapon damage and go medium armor.

This, in all my stamDK calculations (and in reality after testing) i always end up taking something else over Spriggan`s, many others choices give more healing/utility also, while on most other classes stam setups Spriggan is rather often one of top3 choices for me, allthough.. NMA been a solid pick lately too, so many of my setups have benefits from its high hybridey stats and damage been almost 5% higher in average against most players than with Spriggan`s.

Yeah, i sure like NMA. *thoughts while drinking morning tea*

Edited by Moonsorrow on November 29, 2019 8:34AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP context. i love NMA and got a heavy set for it. if matching that plus 7th gives me SOLID thickness (38k+ resist when buffed with 6k wep damage when proc, 3.5k+ health regen with Troll King and Bewitched Sugar), i feel like matching NMA with Spriggan jewels and weapon gives me best DPS. 2H Spriggan maul with 15k tooltip and 19% penetration can give someone a bad day really really fast.

BUT i'm now rocking Spriggan medium with 7th leg jewel for almost equally survivability. Unfortunately i dont have enough trait to craft NMA jewels yet, but they're next on my list. I feel goin medium give me better sustain and really good heals, while hitting even harder (there's a <lv50 last night in CP campaign with 30+k health, I thought I was gonna do the ole' Leap+Dizzying+Exec, but he died with just Leap and the light attack that both crit)

PvE, I wouldnt touch Spriggan at all. Now i'm happy with Releq and Deadly strike jewel/weap.

back on topic my ganking build is shield/Bow, really good for Imp City. medium Deadly + sprig jewel/wep. you engage from a distance and if they got closer just spam Nox breath while heavy attacking. Bow bar got Molten Armaments instead of Rally/FW for the major+minor brut. Bow bar also got that Fighter Guild's crossbow that hits multiple people.

So Molten Armaments, Snipe + LA/Poison Arrow + LA/xbow spam until Snipe debuff finished, or just spam snipe. xbow does 10k+ tooltip with decent range and AoE -22% to all nearest enemy.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please tell me there's a build out there that does NOT use 1H&S or 2Handed. I don't chase the Meta.

Very, very hard to do it.

You see, the rules in the stam DK set opose each other, for example:

1- You are a DoT class, yet you get no benefits for running DW
    2- You are one of the best self healers in PvP, yet DW heals depend on the damage you do, which tends to be low
    3- You are naturally a poison dmg dealer (bow), yet you have passives that benefit melee playing style
    4- You are naturally tanky, which should be an incentive to run medium armor, yet you lack mobility to make better use of it (and take advantage of bow passives)

Then it comes my favorite word to describe stamDK, you are pigeonholed into running S/B (you get extra protection so you can stand and fight) and 2H (you get the execute you lack).

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Very, very hard to do it.

You see, the rules in the stam DK set opose each other, for example:

1- You are a DoT class, yet you get no benefits for running DW
    2- You are one of the best self healers in PvP, yet DW heals depend on the damage you do, which tends to be low
    3- You are naturally a poison dmg dealer (bow), yet you have passives that benefit melee playing style
    4- You are naturally tanky, which should be an incentive to run medium armor, yet you lack mobility to make better use of it (and take advantage of bow passives)

Then it comes my favorite word to describe stamDK, you are pigeonholed into running S/B (you get extra protection so you can stand and fight) and 2H (you get the execute you lack).

DW/2h used to be quite popular when bleeds were really strong.

StamDK could at least work decently with dual wield, dual wield builds usually bring class utility since dual wield is very weak on utility. And Dk's magicka utility skills are ''this is dumb'' levels of expensive. That is the root of the problem. If earthen heart abilities had reasonable costs you would see a lot more stamina Dks mixing their weapon choices actually.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 30, 2019 7:03AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aha ha ha ha