The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ri Atahrashi World Boss - Solution

FixedBlade123
FixedBlade123
✭✭✭
6 of us just tried to defeat Ri Atahrashi in Southern Elsweyr. There were 4 CP810s; 1 CP645; and a CP249. One of the 810s was a former emperor; one was a Dragon Star Arena champ; and the rest seemed to be able players. In about 20 attempts, we all got "one-shotted" over and over and over again. We tried every approach and strategy. I've helped defeat this boss a few times in the past but only when there's more than 10 players and even then I've died several times during the battle. I finally gave up today after 20 tries. My gear was badly damaged and my frustration level finally got the best of me.

Solution: I will likely abandon this quest from now on if there aren't at least 15 players present. No sense in wasting time!
Edited by FixedBlade123 on November 28, 2019 1:35PM
  • a_salty_pirate
    a_salty_pirate
    ✭✭✭
    Mechanics I've managed to flesh out:

When the students are attacked enough they activate a fire circle that will basically instantly kill anyone next to them in the circle.
    When the students are doing their fire circle do NOT attack them at all, that's what shoot's out the one shot balls that kills people.
    When all 4 students die they will all re-spawn after about 10 seconds.

Basic strategy I've found is to take down the students 1 by 1 DO NOT USE AOES, keeping a distance to avoid the fire circle mechanic when they activate it.
    When there's only 1 student left THEN focus down the main boss ignoring the last student (so they don't respawn).
    Be VERY careful with AOEs, since if a student activates their circle and you have an AOE on them they will most likely instakill you.
    If you see them shooting fire at you dodge roll if possible, the attack is dodgeable. Otherwise shield (if mag) or block if stam and hope for the best.
    Also you can pull them behind the walls around the arena to sort of break them up a bit and make your life a little easier.

But yeah, the mechanics are pretty ridiculously OP on him.
    I've managed to solo him like once and it was after like several attempts and a lot of luck.
    Definitely not a spy.

PC NA - Formerly Xbox NA
    Toons:
    • Mchappy-Heal ~ PvE Magplar DPS/Heals (AD)
    • Bug-Breath ~ PvE Dragonknight Tank (EP)
    • Guilty-Of-Crime ~ PvE Stamblade DPS (AD)
    • Lil-Miss-Warmsnatch ~ PvE/PvP Magblade DPS (AD)
    • Make-Auridon-Great-Again ~ PvP Magsorc DPS (AD)
    • Geralt's Best Friend ~ PvP Stamwarden DPS (AD)
    • Baby Wings ~ PvP Stam DK DPS (AD)
    • Argonian-Leather-Salesman ~ PvP Mag DK DPS (AD)
    • Erects-Spine-For-Gold ~PvP MagWarden Healer (AD)
    • Shogun of the Salt ~ PvP MagNecro Healer/DPS (AD)
    • Borc the Stamplorc ~ PvP Stamplar DPS (AD)
    • Bawque the Stamsorc ~ PvP Stamsorc DPS (AD)
    • Bohk of Some Renown ~ PvP StamNecro DPS/Support (AD)
    • Boark the Half-Breton Orc ~ PvP Magplar Healer (AD)
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the pleasure of fighting him for the first time today. The first time with 3 people my poor vampire warden got flattened. Think I took 5 or 6 deaths before enough people turned up to kill him! Next time I see someone moaning about overland being too easy I will send them to meet Ri Atahrashi :D
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the boss is a bit much considering nearly every world boss except (Summerset and Wrothgar) are push overs and even those don't have unavoidable insta kill potential and the fact the other world boss in South Elsywer can be solo'd easy. if they got rid of the knock back stun the students do when they throw there fire it would probably be just right that stun plus incoming damage is what kills most people. I hate to ask for nerfs but the students shouldn't be more powerful than the boss itself its just annoying... i like the challenge tho got him to 46% be4 I just gave up and is one of the few world bosses I haven't solo'd yet.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 of us just tried to defeat Ri Atahrashi in Southern Elsweyr. There were 4 CP810s; 1 CP645; and a CP249. One of the 810s was a former emperor; one was a Dragon Star Arena champ; and the rest seemed to be able players. In about 20 attempts, we all got "one-shotted" over and over and over again. We tried every approach and strategy. I've helped defeat this boss a few times in the past but only when there's more than 10 players and even then I've died several times during the battle. I finally gave up today after 20 tries. My gear was badly damaged and my frustration level finally got the best of me.

Solution: I will likely abandon this quest from now on if there aren't at least 15 players present. No sense in wasting time!

:unamused: .

again with these threads?

1 tank aggro the students, use light attacks, do NOT damage them and do NOT DoT them.

everybody else pull Ri' and burn him down fast.

honestly, if you're on PC NA, every night most groups now knows how to deal with this Goutfang Master.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the students are attacked enough they activate a fire circle that will basically instantly kill anyone next to them in the circle.
    When the students are doing their fire circle do NOT attack them at all, that's what shoot's out the one shot balls that kills people.

Basic strategy I've found is to take down the students 1 by 1 DO NOT USE AOES, keeping a distance to avoid the fire circle mechanic when they activate it.
    When there's only 1 student left THEN focus down the main boss ignoring the last student (so they don't respawn).
    Be VERY careful with AOEs, since if a student activates their circle and you have an AOE on them they will most likely instakill you.
    If you see them shooting fire at you dodge roll if possible, the attack is dodgeable. Otherwise shield (if mag) or block if stam and hope for the best.
    Also you can pull them behind the walls around the arena to sort of break them up a bit and make your life a little easier.

I've managed to solo him like once and it was after like several attempts and a lot of luck.

nah don't waste time burning the student because if their circle of fire overlaps AND you put a DoT on one of them, the overlaps will one-shot you. it's too hard. just light attack, no AoE, no DoT, and run around and gather all students with you.

the rest, hopefully have enough single-target DPS, can pry off Ri away from students.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This helps, informative! I got the luck to be with a player that knew the mechanics a bit, so we got the master down. Tough cookie indeed, got oneshotted three times or so. It might be hard, but the satisfaction when getting there was worth it :)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think whoever can solo this guy deserves its own Title...
    Edited by Davadin on November 28, 2019 9:47PM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option is to negate the students and attack the boss. Make sure the students die with aoe shortly befote the negate expires (not earlier), and then quickly burn the last part of the boss. You only need a few people for this.
    Edited by caperb on November 29, 2019 6:19AM
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Some good info. I "AOEed" in every attempt. That was likely my problem. Other players may have been cursing me the whole time but nobody was on open mic so I just did what I usually do. I'll try to focus on the boss next time. The problem is that other players arriving on the scene will likely use their AOEs or exclusively go after the students. We're all going to have to be on the same page to defeat this dude with under 10 players and on a consistent basis. Anyway ... thanks for some good information.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good info. I "AOEed" in every attempt. That was likely my problem. Other players may have been cursing me the whole time but nobody was on open mic so I just did what I usually do. I'll try to focus on the boss next time. The problem is that other players arriving on the scene will likely use their AOEs or exclusively go after the students. We're all going to have to be on the same page to defeat this dude with under 10 players and on a consistent basis. Anyway ... thanks for some good information.

i feel ya, bro.

stamDK here with AoE heavy build when i'm doing overworld solo.

those students are a *** to handle when they're reflecting and multiplying my damages.

yes, you NEED everyone to cooperate NOT to hit the student. because once they're activated, their attack is AoE on any closest hostile..... since i'm usually the one volunteering to tank the student, it's usually my ass on the line.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Another option is to negate the students and attack the boss. Make sure the students die with aoe shortly befote the negate expires (not earlier), and then quickly burn the last part of the boss. You only need a few people for this.

This. Me and my friend managed to 2 man with this tactic, negate the adds and burn the boss. Simple but effective.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boss is easy if you do mechanics, don't stand near minis when fire cycle is up and don't attack them when they have shield up. What's hard in that?
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Boss is easy if you do mechanics, don't stand near minis when fire cycle is up and don't attack them when they have shield up. What's hard in that?

I wouldn't call it "hard" but not knowing the mechanics to begin with is the actual "hard" part. I have two AOEs that I use simultaneously and I stand inside them while I'm fighting enemies. One AOE does damage while the other AOE slows the enemy down while giving me health. It's been a great combo for every other boss I've ever fought. This is the first time using them has backfired on me.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so if u DPS the snot out of the students BUT then they have shield up and u stand back and do zero damage, you won't get attacked at all?

damn I gotta try this.

i thought u ALWAYS never hurt the student. i just do light attacks to keep their attention to me while everybody else burn the boss.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't call it "hard" but not knowing the mechanics to begin with is the actual "hard" part. I have two AOEs that I use simultaneously and I stand inside them while I'm fighting enemies. One AOE does damage while the other AOE slows the enemy down while giving me health. It's been a great combo for every other boss I've ever fought. This is the first time using them has backfired on me.

Ri's student: "nice AoE. very hot. much damage. but try this on for size."
    *reflects and amplify*
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

so if u DPS the snot out of the students BUT then they have shield up and u stand back and do zero damage, you won't get attacked at all?

damn I gotta try this.

i thought u ALWAYS never hurt the student. i just do light attacks to keep their attention to me while everybody else burn the boss.

Best is to attack them till like 40%, wait the shield phase, kill everyone except one and then focus 100% on boss. Ri without his students is one of the easiest bosses to kill, he have couple cc but his dmg is rather weak and you need to "stand in red" to actually be killed by him. Every boss can be hard if you don't know mechanics but strategy for this one is rather simple so I don't agree with players who wants to nerf him. It is good that ZoS introduced small challenge for more casual oriented players.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else think when the students start swinging thier arms really fast that it's the dumbest animation you've ever seen?

I about pissed myself laughing the first time I saw it....🤣
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found kiting the boss away from the students and using zero aoe abilities is pretty effective. As someone else mentioned, using the walls to separate the students is useful.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Homer Simpson once said "If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing" I just avoid that one.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Anyone else think when the students start swinging thier arms really fast that it's the dumbest animation you've ever seen?

I about pissed myself laughing the first time I saw it....🤣

I'll have to check that out later. I was just given this quest again this morning. I had to head to work so couldn't try out any of this thread's suggestions. If I'm killed another 20 times tonight then I'll probably just abandon the quest from now on. The game (in my opinion) is supposed to be fun ... not frustrating and stressful.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Well ... I just gave it another try. I even went so far as to improve my Stam DK build based on Alcast's suggestions on Youtube. Went to the quest location. There were 4 CP810s standing there. I showed up which made 5 of us. We started the battle without anyone using an AOE. We were all one-shotted at the exact same time within two seconds. We tried two more times and were all one-shotted again. I hopped on my mount, rode away, and abandoned the quest. I won't even think twice about abandoning this quest from now on. It's 3 times more difficult than the toughest 4-man dungeon (in my opinion).
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the key is to not damage the students when the fire ring is up to avoid getting one shotted?
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on December 3, 2019 10:32AM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the key is to not damage the students when the fire ring is up to avoid getting one shotted?

The key is for no one to damage the student when the flame aura goes up. If anyone damages them they send out that fire thing that's basically a one shot to whoever is nearest them. The more damage they take and from the more sources they take it, the more people they reflect that damage on. Which is why aoe is so deadly, lots of student taling lots of damage = lots of dead characters.
    This is definitely a wb that takes knowing and respecting the mechanics unless you have enough combined damage to melt down Ri before the students do the flame aura.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solution:

1. Run all alts to the zone during the first few days after the dlc drops, kill the boss for completion.

2. Get the do 30 boss kills done on achievement character. Thankfully half are the other boss

3. Avoid that boss like the plague and never do that boss again.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to see more people understand how to do this fight. This fight keeps you alert and really isn't too bad once you figure it out. There are many very easy world bosses. Having a few that are difficult is welcome.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Starting to see more people understand how to do this fight. This fight keeps you alert and really isn't too bad once you figure it out. There are many very easy world bosses. Having a few that are difficult is welcome.

I do like coming across difficult bosses. Not too fond of impossible bosses. Well ... impossible unless there are 10 or more players in the arena. I'll just have to do Lightbringer enough times to earn the Southern Elswyr achievement.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm late to the party as I just renewed ESO+ and have been playing Southern Elsweyr. After getting slammed by this WB many times today, I came here to find the answers. At least I know now why every time I try this we all get one-shotted.

I probably won't kill this guy until there's an anniversary event.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    I'm late to the party as I just renewed ESO+ and have been playing Southern Elsweyr. After getting slammed by this WB many times today, I came here to find the answers. At least I know now why every time I try this we all get one-shotted.

I probably won't kill this guy until there's an anniversary event.

After this thread ... I never tried this boss again. Takes the fun out of the game. I got my achievement by fighting Lightbringer (spelling???) over and over again. It took longer but it was do-able.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The simple way to beat this boss is to completely ignore the adds. Just single target the boss to death. I was able to solo the boss this way (until someone else joined in at 40%). As long as you have good self-healing and/or shields, the adds will not do too much damage to you. Just DON'T use any ground based AoE's and don't touch the adds.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.